vCash

Worlds largest traffic jam

I suppose we should be grateful really that we don't have traffic jams like this one in China. This one is 100km long, has gone on for 9 days and is expected to last for a month.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wor...-1225909285377
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash

vCash
    The headline says 100km/h. That doesn't seem so slow.
    Creating drama!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I'm assuming that it doesn't take 9 days to get out of traffic, it is just that the traffic has been at a slow pace for that long. Very misleading article title but without that title it would be quite a dull read and get no hits.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Yeah, I doubt that they mean that the drivers are experiencing a 9-day delay but more that the traffic jam has been happening for 9 days.

This article describes the traffic moving only at a "snail's pace."

Wang, driving from Hohhot to Tianjin in a coal truck, had been on the Huai'an section for three days and two nights.
    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english201...c_13457295.htm

That's still crazy.

Where I live we've had ice storms that have caused people to take 8-12 hours to get home from work (say normally a 30 minute drive) and many folks just abandoned their cars.

For the truck drivers in China looks like their only option is to wait it out until they can make their delivery.

Blergh
    vCash
    I just saw a Youtube clip of those buses that will drive over cars on the street, and let me say that it looks dangerous. I'd be terrified to drive on those streets because I'd be too nervous about the placement of my car (yeah I know they planned for that with those markers, but still).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JokMt...layer_embedded
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce