Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1000
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Proof, please?
    I take that as you never watched Yuna related news clips or documentaries.
    There were tons of videos showing she was working with other skaters and coaches.Yet there was almost no leek on her programs so far.
    Nothing has changed there. Except Brian-Yuna relationship.

Even if he is not working with Yuna anymore, Yuna is still a client of Cricket club. She is still working with David there. You just don't go tell everybody about your clients. Besides Brian knows how Yuna likes it. He just knows better than that. He should.
    Last edited by invierno; 08-25-2010 at 10:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    wow. Is this true? If so, that would totally explain why Team Yuna wanted so badly to keep this under wraps. Still, they HAD to know that this was going to come out, especially if they said nothing. Kim has a high enough profile in both Korea and Canada to where this would have gotten out anyway.

Again, if what is bolded above is true, one would think Team Yuna would take every path possible to make the split look as amicable as possible. I just don't think they know how to communicate their feelings effectively (especially in English), and this leads to misunderstandings and nasty breakups like this.
    Yes, largely because "respect for the elder" thing extends to teacher/instructor/coach, and an athlete should have very good reason to leave the coach. So at the end of the day, this has and will hurt Yu-Na more than anyone, and I regret ATS couldn't manage the situation better.

vCash
    Just wanted to input something about Brian revealing Yuna's music....there had to have been a discussion about it because it is not very common music people will just recognize, so even if it was played at the rink, people would not actually know what the music is, the fact that Brian knows what the piece is actually called leads me to believe there was a discussion between the two parties.

I say this, however, there may be another possibility, perhaps David Wilson, who obviously knows what the piece is called and Brian Orser had discussed it, without Yuna who knows?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I don't understand why Yuna would stay in Canada...
    Maybe because she likes it there?
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by invierno View Post
    No, Yuna cleared it was her decision, not only her mom's as Brian portrayed in various interviews.
    Neither Yuna nor ATS said 'the other skater' was the main reason-certainly it started creating uncomfortable relationship, but it was one of the reasons.
    But didn't ATS's initial statement pin the blame for the relationship's end on Orser? I remember it saying that Orser was the one that wanted to end things with Kim. This was in response to Orser saying that Kim's mom (agency) was the one to end things and Kim was "confused".

Then Kim posted that cryptic Twitter message that it was HER decision, contradicting ATS's initial statement that it was ORSER's decision.

He said this.
    No, she said that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by invierno View Post
    I take that as you never watched Yuna related news clips or documentaries.
    There were tons of videos showing she was working with other skaters and coaches.Yet there was almost no leek on her programs so far.
    Nothing has changed there. Except Brian-Yuna relationship.
    You're missing the point completely.
    In past years, they apparently had an agreement not to talk about the programs publicly. I said that may not be the case now. You said "that condition has always been the same", and I asked you to prove that it was indeed still the case. You haven't. The fact that there were no leaks in the past says nothing about what Yu-na and Orser may or may not have agreed to *this year*. If you can't prove that they had agreed for this year not to talk about the programs, then you shouldn't be ripping Orser for breaking confidentiality.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonyasfan View Post
    Yu-Na and Orser worked together for 4 years. During that time, they have always been very careful about the information concerning her programs. And now he's no longer her coach, and he thinks he can share the kind of information that Yu-Na has been careful in sharing in those 4 years? It is obvious that he's not communicating with Yu-Na now, and it is pretty safe to bet that he hasn't agreed with her to share this information.
    I don't think you can assume that at all without knowing what arrangements were in place for this year. She is a much more secure and established skater (results/performance-wise) than when she first went to work with him. It may not be as important to her or to him now to maintain the same level of secrecy.

This being "damaging" or not to Yu-Na is besides the point.
    It is not beside the point, if it's being presented as evidence to prove that he's untrustworthy or trying to push her out of the club.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    But if Brian went to Yu-na and all said, Yu-na are you staying in. Because if [you are] not staying I have this offer from Mao... Well I can see how maybe Yu-na would get upset. And perhaps from Brian's perspective he would really mean it when he says that his first loyal to Yu-na and her skating and yes he'd never choose Mao over her. But from Yu-na's perspective questions would come up. Does my coach really want me to stay in, if he has my biggest rival as a replacement already lined up?
    The way I read it is that Orser found out about the rumors and contacted Kim, telling her about them and he would never consider it, as she is still his main priority.

What we don't seem to know (or at least I don't) is whether Kim knew about the rumors BEFORE Brian told her about them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Maybe because she likes it there?
    But, she's got no real coach there and is far from her family, country, and business dealings. And, she's not just staying in Canada, but at the same club where things have to be pretty strained. Does she hate being in South Korea so much that she would rather be in a very strained situation in Canada without a coach? That's sad.

The whole thing is very sad because it's kind of taken the gloss off of what appeared to be such a great Olympic experience. (Not just that she skated great, but that the coaching situation seemed to be a good and happy thing for both of them.)

vCash
    The way I read it is that Orser found out about the rumors and contacted Kim, telling her about them and he would never consider it, as she is still his main priority.

What we don't seem to know (or at least I don't) is whether Kim knew about the rumors BEFORE Brian told her about them.
    The curious part is that IB sports somehow had the information before Yu-Na and released the info when the contract with her ended.

vCash
    But didn't ATS's initial statement pin the blame for the relationship's end on Orser? I remember it saying that Orser was the one that wanted to end things with Kim. This was in response to Orser saying that Kim's mom (agency) was the one to end things and Kim was "confused".

Then Kim posted that cryptic Twitter message that it was HER decision, contradicting ATS's initial statement that it was ORSER's decision.

He said this.
    No, she said that.
    Yes ATS did so. I can't tell for sure but assuming they are both telling the truth, my best guess is there was some miscommunication.

Apparently ATS thought they agreed on an unofficial break from Aug. 2nd and thought Brian ended it on 23rd.
    Brian thought it ended on 2nd and finalized it on 23rd.

About the 'confused' stuff...
    Maybe Yuna was confused about what to do next without Orser?
    Orser took it as she didn't have any idea what was going on?

I don't necessarily think any of them are not telling the truth. I just sense lots of misunderstanding, lost in translation, miscommunication.

As a foreigner living in the US, I kind of understand the misunderstandings. Sometimes, people insinuate things and I'm left confused. I try to doublecheck it when I get confused but some things just remain unclear. And believe me, my English is really good.

vCash
    I can't believe how little money Brian Orser made coaching Yuna. I mean Yuna said to have made $9 million last year alone and her coach who guided you to the Olympic gold made only $110/hr.... I was really surprised at this. I would have given him a big bonus if I were Yuna!

I am really disappointed in Yuna, to say she wasn't completely happy with Orser the last 4yrs.. That shows what kinda person she really is.

vCash
    I don't think you can assume that at all without knowing what arrangements were in place for this year. She is a much more secure and established skater (results/performance-wise) than when she first went to work with him. It may not be as important to her or to him now to maintain the same level of secrecy.

It is not beside the point, if it's being presented as evidence to prove that he's untrustworthy or trying to push her out of the club.

It may be true that we shouldn't assume, but considering the current circumstances, I believe it is possible to infer. Especially since Orser is no longer Yu-Na's coach.

And it is also important not to assume that this may not be important to Yu-Na. Because there also remains the possibility that it may be important to her.

It is also true that Orser suggested that Yu-Na leave the Cricket Club. He said so in his interview with Philip Hersh of the Chicago Tribune.

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/...respected.html

vCash
    You're missing the point completely.
    In past years, they apparently had an agreement not to talk about the programs publicly. I said that may not be the case now. You said "that condition has always been the same", and I asked you to prove that it was indeed still the case. You haven't. The fact that there were no leaks in the past says nothing about what Yu-na and Orser may or may not have agreed to *this year*. If you can't prove that they had agreed for this year not to talk about the programs, then you shouldn't be ripping Orser for breaking confidentiality.
    Oh, I thought you meant the physical condition of her training. My bad.
    But seriously.
    So you think everyone in the Cricket club including skaters, coaches, skating moms and zamboni drivers have had agreements not to tell about her programs?
    I seriously doubt they had any written agreement with everybody there.
    It is more like 'courtesy' as I said before.
    And Brian knows all about it. The fact never changes that he acted worse than the zamboni driver.

vCash
    wow. Is this true? If so, that would totally explain why Team Yuna wanted so badly to keep this under wraps. Still, they HAD to know that this was going to come out, especially if they said nothing. Kim has a high enough profile in both Korea and Canada to where this would have gotten out anyway.

Again, if what is bolded above is true, one would think Team Yuna would take every path possible to make the split look as amicable as possible. I just don't think they know how to communicate their feelings effectively (especially in English), and this leads to misunderstandings and nasty breakups like this.
    Agreed. While I'm not blaming either side for the break-up, I am blaming the pr mess on Team Yuna. She is the one who has managers, agents, pr people, not Orser. Given her status in Korea and his in Canada, the intelligent thing would have been to get some kind of agreement with Orser at the early August meeting about how publicity was going to be handled and then to have issued a joint statement or had a joint press conference. This is what PR people are hired to handle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    I can't believe how little money Brian Orser made coaching Yuna. I mean Yuna said to have made $9 million last year alone and her coach who guided you to the Olympic gold made only $110/hr.... I was really surprised at this. I would have given him a big bonus if I were Yuna!

I am really disappointed in Yuna, to say she wasn't completely happy with Orser the last 4yrs.. That shows what kinda person she really is.
    He was paid to direct two shows per year, and there was a commercial and book deal. None of this directly came out of Yu-Na's pocket, but Orser probably made more money than you think.

And I'm sure finance is least of his concerns with regard to this matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post

Totally agree with her 4yr comment. She acted like everything was so perfect. To imply that it wasn't so great these 4yrs makes her look ungrateful and rude.

vCash
    I feel so sad for Yu-na and Orser,and hate this haters.

vCash
    Hi Yuna, hope you are well and getting some rest. i am sure you have heard so you. Her agency did inquire about me (and team ) working with her, I told them Let me know if you have any concerns or thoughts. I wanted to contact you and When are you arriving? and do you have any idea what you are feeling for next All the kids are missing you here at the club. Please be in touch. B Hi Yuna, hope you are well and getting some rest. i am sure you have heard so at I am loyal to you and am always here for you. have to say that I was flattered she has an interest Let me know if you have any concerns or thoughts. I wanted to contact you and When are you arriving? and do you have any idea what you are feeling for next All the kids are missing you here at the club. Please be in touch. B

Leon, I agree with you.

Doesn't sound like someone who is completely denying the possibility of taking the job. Why does Orser say he must say he is flattered to hear that Mao has an interest?

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I can't recall the last time I was so grateful a thread reached 1000 posts.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950