Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaws12345 View Post
    What kind of trollbaiting is this?
    LynnW said it's just a speculation. It seems really weird to everyone that Yuna wasn't there when Mama Kim said the sudden good-bye to Orser and Wilson, assuming that it's true.

vCash
    When I wrote my 'Toronto Tidbits' post last month about Kim and some of the other skaters, I had heard that she wasn't working with Orser AT ALL even then, and from what I was told about practices, it sounded like she was really out of shape. I know she had a lot going on off the ice and continues to, but new programs or not-- I really (still) wonder how serious she is about returning for the World Championships.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Wheeler View Post
    When I wrote my 'Toronto Tidbits' post last month about Kim and some of the other skaters, I had heard that she wasn't working with Orser AT ALL even then, and from what I was told about practices, it sounded like she was really out of shape. I know she had a lot going on off the ice and continues to, but new programs or not-- I really (still) wonder how serious she is about returning for the World Championships.
    I don't know, because David Wilson said Yuna worked on her new gala program, Bulletproof, as if it was for competition before the ATSkate show last month. He also said she was close to her top shape.

vCash
    Whatever her reasons, it does seem kind of sad that she didn't talk to him herself. Maybe there was a private communication, or will be. I hope so, because they sure seemed to be a great team with a lot of genuine affection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    LynnW said it's just a speculation. It seems really weird to everyone that Yuna wasn't there when Mama Kim said the sudden good-bye to Orser and Wilson, assuming that it's true.
    BTW, where the news, http://ow.ly/2tL2v, came from?
    Can't find any source....

I tried to search the news on IMG but nothing about Figure skating.
    http://www.imgworld.com/press_room/d...Category=12536

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Wheeler View Post
    When I wrote my 'Toronto Tidbits' post last month about Kim and some of the other skaters, I had heard that she wasn't working with Orser AT ALL even then, and from what I was told about practices, it sounded like she was really out of shape.

She wasn't out of shape at All That Skate Summer at all. And skaters always have bad days and good days during the practice. Besides the season hasn't even started yet.

vCash
    Whoa. I saw that there were over 200 people in this forum, so I knew something was up!

I am shocked. I, like everyone else here, is wondering if this is a sign of retirement. I mean, Brian is obviously getting the job done. How bizarre.

vCash
    Still waiting for the official announcement from ATS. I'm still confused/speechless/shocked like the entire Korea now. LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    BTW, where the news, http://ow.ly/2tL2v, came from?
    Can't find any source....
    The statement was e-mailed to us by Brian Orser's representation at IMG. If it was not issued by an official source, we would never post it. Typically, this is not in our realm of news coverage (we focus on American skaters who have their official websites with Figure Skaters Online), but we felt that it was appropriate to post since the only news available at the time was in Korean. It is an official statement/release from IMG's New York office.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Wow! I'm guessing retirement as well, or at the least she isn't very serious about competing. I wouldn't be surprised if she is only committing to the World Championships to please the Korean federation.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSOWebmaster View Post
    The statement was e-mailed to us by Brian Orser's representation at IMG. If it was not issued by an official source, we would never post it. Typically, this is not in our realm of news coverage (we focus on American skaters who have their official websites with Figure Skaters Online), but we felt that it was appropriate to post since the only news available at the time was in Korean. It is an official statement/release from IMG's New York office.
    Thank you for your kind explanation!!

vCash
    Brian knew all about the pressure to win Olympic Gold. He was in unknown country dealing with the tremendous decompression coming after the life long dream is achieved. None of the recent ladies who won Olympic gold were able to return to get that competitive fire back.

My gut tells me Kim and Orser just weren't on the same page anymore. I remember her surprise at a news conference after Vancouver when Brian said she could/should master the triple axel. It didn't sound like that was on her to-do list back then.

I always felt Yu-Na's stable positive and warm training environment in Toronto was a key, if not THE key, to her successful quest for the top rung of Ladies Figure Skating.

They are all class people and I am sure this is an emotional time for all.

Warm wishes and best of luck to all. It was a great ride, wasn't it?

vCash
    This is absolutely shocking. Yu-Na has NEVER finished off the podium in any event under Orser. I think this must be indicative of a retirement in the near future. I just don't see how there would be any other justifiable reason for this. First I was surprised when D/B left Peterson, but I am completely flabbergasted about this one.

Whatever the reason, I wish Yu-Na the best of luck. If she wishes to go pro, I have no complaints. She has given us a great 4 years.

vCash
    This is pure speculation, but maybe Orser was more interested in Yu-na continuing to compete than Yu-na herself. Maybe there was some sort of pressure involved, hence her learning her new programs. Maybe she (and her mother) are more interested in benefiting from her OGM right now than putting herself in a position like the world championships again. Maybe Yu-na felt indebted to Brian so she couldn't back out of competing on her own and her mother had to step in?? I don't mean to paint Brian as the bad guy, but he seemed eager (based on the media perception) for her to get back into the game after the Olympics so it seems plausible.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Yuna and Brian had a special bond throughout their time to the the Olympic gold medal, but their tie is still based on the client-coach contractual relationship. Before the Olympics they all looked at the same goal but now that she achieved her ultimate goal, things cannot be the same. Still a shock, but I can understand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brina View Post
    I don't mean to paint Brian as the bad guy, but he seemed eager (based on the media perception) for her to get back into the game after the Olympics so it seems plausible.
    I get what you are saying, but he has always seemed very supportive of what she wants to do, rather than forcing his agenda on her. Maybe after the Olympics she really did want to compete next year and he seemed to be in favour of that because that's what she wanted to work on. If she has changed her mind since then (or if Mama Kim has changed her mind for her), I'm not sure the coaching split can be attributed to Orser pushing her somewhere she didn't want to go.

I would guess that, with other elite skaters coming to Orser, someone was concerned that Yu-na would no longer be his sole focus - even if she was just planning to do shows and not to compete.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    This is absolutely shocking. Yu-Na has NEVER finished off the podium in any event under Orser. I think this must be indicative of a retirement in the near future. I just don't see how there would be any other justifiable reason for this. First I was surprised when D/B left Peterson, but I am completely flabbergasted about this one.

Whatever the reason, I wish Yu-Na the best of luck. If she wishes to go pro, I have no complaints. She has given us a great 4 years.
    Yu-na never finished off a podium before she went to Orser either. Look I think Orser did do a great job with Yu-na but I firmly believe his success as a coach will be more determined by what he does with let's say Gao or Rippon. I think there were a lot of coaches that could have done well with Yu-na, given the level Yu-na was at before she went to Orser.

In general, I felt for awhile that with all the Orser! Orser! Orser! That there were a lot of coaches who worked with Yu-na as a child who got literally no credit. Considering she was a Junior World Champ and Grand Prix Final Champ, while still training in Korea, I think its safe to say there is some decent coaching in Korea.

No don't get me wrong, I totally hope this isnt' Mama Kim taking control over Yu-na's skating etc now. And I totally think Yu-na could have had the guts to at least talk to Orser directly, but who knows what went down.

vCash
    Wow, what an eventful year Yuna is going through... Olympics, unprecedented stardom, the founding of her own agency, and now this. I wish the best for Yuna (and also for Brian and Tracy).

I will have difficulty adapting myself to the image of Yuna without Orser next to her and vice versa for a while.
    Last edited by amaro; 08-24-2010 at 05:46 AM.

vCash
    So Mao Asada's trickery worked. Plushy said this was the way to do it. I wonder if Fedor is laughing now.

heh heh heh, yes I am joking people
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I get what you are saying, but he has always seemed very supportive of what she wants to do, rather than forcing his agenda on her. Maybe after the Olympics she really did want to compete next year and he seemed to be in favour of that because that's what she wanted to work on. If she has changed her mind since then (or if Mama Kim has changed her mind for her), I'm not sure the coaching split can be attributed to Orser pushing her somewhere she didn't want to go.

I would guess that, with other elite skaters coming to Orser, someone was concerned that Yu-na would no longer be his sole focus - even if she was just planning to do shows and not to compete.
    Your theory gets my vote. ATS should make that official statement soon, before things get way out of proportion and her fans' heads all explode.
    Last edited by amaro; 08-24-2010 at 06:01 AM.

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast