Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    I hope this isn't a case of Mama Kim wanting Brian out of the way so she could be in charge of her training.
    Ya think?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    It seems like such odd timing if it's a stage mother thing. I know we've heard of mothers wanting to control the training before -- but after the skater's won an OGM? Has that ever happened?
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ainouta View Post
    The basics of it are that Yu-Na's mother went to Toronto to tell Orser and Tracy Wilson that they would not be continuing, and Orser stated that it was a sudden and pretty much unexplained split. She will continue using David Wilson for choreo, however. Orser also made a couple of nice remarks about how it was an honor to coach an athlete like Yu-Na. Seems like nobody expected this to happen, and considering the situation Orser really was a class act.
    Wow. Sorta deserves a bit of , a bit of and also some

vCash
    already posted; sorry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    It seems like such odd timing if it's a stage mother thing. I know we've heard of mothers wanting to control the training before -- but after the skater's won an OGM? Has that ever happened?
    Rationality and/or reason doesn't usually fit into skating mamas' plans....
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Even Yuna's agency ATS in Korea is clueless about this. But there will be a formal announcement this afternoon.

vCash
    Wow, shocked!

vCash
    I take it she's probably retiring soon, though. Nothing else could really explain this...

vCash
    I'm still waiting for statement from All That Sports. Considering the relationship between Yuna and IMG, I don't trust what IMG describes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSOWebmaster View Post
    Statement issued by IMG regarding Yu-Na Kim and Brian Orser's split is now available at Figure Skaters Online: http://ow.ly/2tL2v
    Thank you! Nice to see English confirmation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by froh1981 View Post
    I'm still waiting for statement from All That Sports. Considering the relationship between Yuna and IMG, I don't trust what IMG describes.
    As someone else mentioned, the discrepancy is not really between this IMG and Yu-Na, it's between IMG Korea and Yu-Na's (former) management. I would trust that the statement issued by Brian's reps is probably pretty accurate as I don't think it is in Brian's character or interest to come out negatively about her.

Politiking for Purple
    vCash
    I hope this isn't a case of Mama Kim wanting Brian out of the way so she could be in charge of her training.
    That was my first thought since it was Mama Kim who spoke with Brian about this. That and jealousy about the acclaim Brian was getting for being Yuna's coach. But this is all speculation on my part.
    If you want to be creative, get out there and do it. It's not a waste of time" - Michael Giacchino, UP

vCash
    Wow I am beyond shocked ! I thought Yuna liked living in Canada because she can't walk anywhere without bodyguards in Korea. I wonder what this means for Min-Jung, will she go back to Korea too? Seems like she and Yuna are very close, and that she sort of came to train with Orser because Yuna was there.

So as for Camp Orser, he has Rippon, Gao, Kwak and Joon (maybe not for much longer though? who knows), Casarsa, and those are probably only his top students, I bet he has others. I also think Joubert and Verner were training in Toronto with Orser for a month or so this summer. I guess that is kind of a lot of students, especially considering most of them compete nationally and/or internationally. Last year it was just Rippon, Gao, and Carsarsa in addition to Yuna so I guess that is a big change.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnW View Post
    That was my first thought since it was Mama Kim who spoke with Brian about this. That and jealousy about the acclaim Brian was getting for being Yuna's coach. But this is all speculation on my part.
    What kind of trollbaiting is this?

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Well, there is not much she can screw up. Yu Na already has the big prizes.

vCash
    IMG has confirmed that they met on August 2, so three weeks ago.

vCash
    I'm just waiting the official comment from ATS. And whatever, I'll take it.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    Well, there is not much she can screw up. Yu Na already has the big prizes.
    Yeah, but when you're an athlete, it's always about what you're doing right now. If Mama Kim wanted to take over Yu-Na's training, she might as well retire since she's on a high.

vCash
    This doesn't sound good. If Yuna's in Toronto she should have talked to Brian herself. I hope this isn't a case of Mama Kim wanting Brian out of the way so she could be in charge of her training.
    Maybe it's a $$$ issue...

Banned Member
    vCash
    Initially the news came to me as a shock, but to think of it, I don't think Yuna needs three coaches when she is not putting her everything into competing any more. She might just need part-time contractual arrangements with jump and skating coaches right around the worlds.

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast