Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    One thing clear is that ATS never ever referred any skater at all.

ATS press release from yunakim.com
    And the OTHER thing that is clear from that press release is that they are claiming Orser was the one to terminate the working relationship which totally contradicts Orser's version of events. That's the bit that interests me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    ATS (Kim Yu Na's agency) claiming Kim has had an "uncomfortable relationship" with Orser since May, when the 'other skater' approached him. That 'other skater' we all know is Japan's Mao Asada. So the Korea - Japan/Japan - Korea distrust gets Orser fired! That it broke up this magical pairing is beyond the pale!

What you are saying here is totally nonsense.
    Why on earth did Mao have to approach Orser?
    Everyone knows that SHE HAS BEEN SEARCHING FOR A JAPANESE COACH SINCE THE LAST WORLDS! SINCE SHE DOESN'T WANT TO LEAVE JAPAN! SHE HAS THE CHUKYO-DAI RINK AT HAND, AND SHE WANTS AND SHE NEEDS TO TRAIN THERE! (This rink was constructed exclusively for Mao, Miki and other Japanese, Nagoya top skaters.)

I have no idea whom Kim Yuna's agency is implying by the name of the 'other skater', but it is definitely not Mao. Nobody can imagine her follow Orser to Canada. Canada is not Japan, not Nagoya. Mao wants to live and train in Japan.

When someone started this rumor in Korea this spring, JSF got totally surprised and made an inquiry to Mao's agent. The agent got really surprised too, and published a message of denial of the rumor, saying that they had no intention at all to do such things that would ruin the good relationship between Korea and Japan.

I don't know why this rumor suddenly popped up again which had been completely denied before.
    A huuuuuge mystery.
    Last edited by galaxy; 08-24-2010 at 04:33 PM.

vCash
    Yu-na is going to do what is best for her,
    i was wondering if she would stay with brian with all the hoopla she is getting.
    It is harder now for her to want to stay "eligible".
    she is getting so much-what would her incentive be-unless she really wanted to compete.

she has to do what is best.

it was good combination while it lasted. Brian brought out the best in her skating.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverling View Post
    She donated tons of money. It's was her decision to domate money. they did it for really long time. from when she was little. they donated money not one time not 10 time but SEVERAL time. They helped other from long ago not just donating money. she did lot's of good events for society. she did many good things. went to orphan office and help some like works. many times.
    You have no clue about of the motivations of people with money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eyh201 View Post
    I think Orser needed skaters who would definitely compete at the 2014 Olympics while Yu-Na needed time to think about her future career after the 2011 Worlds. Just time to say goodbye...
    ITA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverling View Post
    She donated tons of money. It's was her decision to donate money. they did it for really long time. from when she was little. they donated money not one time not 10 time but SEVERAL time. They helped other from long ago not just donating money. she did lot's of good events for society. she did many good things. went to orphan office and help people that kind of works. many times.

Only ambitions parent don't succeed. Ambitions person/parents ruin their child not make oly cham, world champ. it's takes more than. You need to do something right to have actually success. You need to be good person not only ambitious.
    are you for real? Do you get out of Fraggle Rock very often?
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Oops double posted...

vCash
    I'm reminded of the scene from Chicago:

"It'll never work."
    "Why not?"
    "Because I hate you!''
    ''There's only one business in the world where that doesn't matter at all...''

Figure skating is basically show business and too often people forget that the punchline above works in reverse too.... Feelings are feelings, but in business you look at the bottom line. Basically, if you think of it for more than a few seconds, separating from Orser gives Kim a number of options that staying with him would not.

Finally, in a commercialized world, the ladies OGM is basically the killer of competitive drive (unless you're Katarina Witt, no ordinary mortal, and even she had the luxury of not being deluged with endorsement and ice show offers after first ogm).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    And the OTHER thing that is clear from that press release is that they are claiming Orser was the one to terminate the working relationship which totally contradicts Orser's version of events. That's the bit that interests me.
    Yeah, as IMG did. But there must be a miscommunication or something else.

vCash
    If Orser had an "exclusive" contract, wouldn't it have a specified end?
    Coaching is not indentured servitude.

vCash
    Finally, in a commercialized world, the ladies OGM is basically the killer of competitive drive (unless you're Katarina Witt, no ordinary mortal, and even she had the luxury of not being deluged with endorsement and ice show offers after first ogm).]
    Did Witt even have a lot of choices though? I mean maybe she would have stayed in she was pretty young and didn't have a World title to her name yet, I could be wrong, but I somehow doubt Katerina had a world of opportunities made available. This was East Germany, and I wonder if they truly gave her a choice in the matter.

I have no issues with Yu-na leaving her coach it is a business relationship and her maybe wanting to train closer to Korea makes sense to me. I'm huh? When I hear people making it sound like these skaters are horrible people when they make these kind of choices. Kind of like the way some act like Trankov was leaving a (wife) when it comes to his partnership with Maria. Same goes if Orser wants to devote more time to students who are actually committed to 2014.

I am though kind of unimpressed with the unprofessionalism of everyone in how they are handling it. I wonder why IMG felt the need to issue the news first and couldn't have released a joint statement with Kim. But if its true references to "other skater" were mentioned, I don't like that either.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Melissa Bulanhagui weighs in on twitter "Yu-Na Kim and Brian Orser split feels like Jenn Aniston and Brad Pitt all over again"
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    I wonder why IMG felt the need to issue the news first and couldn't have released a joint statement with Kim.
    That must be the best solution. If possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    But if its true refrences to "other skater" were mentioned, I don't like that either.
    Make a sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Melissa Bulunhagui weighs in on twitter "Yu-Na Kim and Brian Orser split feels like Jenn Aniston and Brad Pitt all over again"
    Goodness! So I suppose that would make Mao the other skater, Angelina Jolie?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    That must be the best solution. If possible.

Make a sense.

Yeah maybe Brian felt there was no choice to issue a statement first who the heck knows. I really hope this isn't a battle between Yu-na's mother and Orser with Yu-na caught in the middle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    Goodness! So I suppose that would make other skater, Angelina Jolie?
    LOL. I don't know why until now Angelina is still painted as the culprit for the break up. There were rumors already about Pitt and Aniston had troubles before Angelina came. I guess we can apply this to Yuna/ Brian.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Melissa Bulanhagui weighs in on twitter "Yu-Na Kim and Brian Orser split feels like Jenn Aniston and Brad Pitt all over again"

Only dif is i'm on team yuna AND team Brian lol

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    That 'other skater' we all know is Japan's Mao Asada. So the Korea - Japan/Japan - Korea distrust gets Orser fired! That it broke up this magical pairing is beyond the pale!

Much as I hate to spoil a good fantasy, Mao Asada approaching Brian Orser to coach her is unlikely given the fact that she has repeatedly stated that she wants someone who will coach her in Japan.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    let's just hope yuna doesn't start becoming a serial adopter. Maybe Hollywood has rubbed off on her lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    are you for real? Do you get out of Fraggle Rock very often?
    There is always good parents (or just great person with not being that good parents) behind successful person. Being good parents can be said good person some extent. (even if that person is only a good parents and bad person)
    Last edited by silverling; 08-24-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast