Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by withrespect View Post
    ... Shame on Park for the way she handled Brian and Tracey but then again it's an entirely different culture...maybe that's how they do things there? ...
    Isn't Park (as CEO for ATS) also Yu-Na's agent? If so, this might explain why Park did it instead of Yu-Na herself. Would it be uncommon for the agent to handle something like this? Would agents do something like this in other sports?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverling View Post
    I read somewhere that Orsar left Yuna to train alone. that Yuna had a hard time, difficult time training from may. they team Yuna put up hard time from may and they decided that they can put up with him any more. Yuna was have to training alone from May. They had hard time, agony time, lonly time etc sort of time from May. so they put up stress with him from may. and they dicided they can't put up with him anymore.
    I think his passion for Yuna was not same as much as before Oly. Do the math.
    He achieve what he can earn as a coach from Yuna already. Yuna is not no longer BIG lucrative(?) as much before oly. HE can still get the 2'd world champ thing from Yuna but I think he thought he doesn't need to put much care, time to Yuna to get it from Yuna. (i mean he may well thought he can do it with putting quite a energy for other skaters)
    I mean do the math, in his shoes, putting evergy more to other skaters is importan in his side. and I think Yuna kim team wanted more devotion to her daughter.
    but for orsar, he can't not do it for his career.
    lately Orsar did seem putting pretty much energy on other skaters.
    He would want to get good result from other students as well. not only Yuna Kim.
    cause if get good result from other students as well then it really make him great coach then having only Yuna's success.
    Of course you did lovey, and I read somewhere that Katarina Witt is playing Latoya Jackson in a musical called Sisters with Little Talent...
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    My gut says that there's some big piece of information that we aren't aware of. It may or may not come out.
    Yeah and sometimes ignorance is bliss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by withrespect View Post
    Agreed Brian would never ever force anyone to do anything.

Shame on Park for the way she handled Brian and Tracey but then again it's an entirely different culture...maybe that's how they do things there?

Brian was the coach of the Olympic Champion. He's done his job. He is and always will be a complete class act.

As many in the skating world say....there's no where to go but down (from Oly Champ) so....
    from what I heard it was Brian who first made it public, official. It was him who release this news. and Yuna Team did not know that they are end with Brian until they found out that he released ending news to public.

and he didn't talk to Park but let IMG talk to her. so Park couldn't talk to Brian directly. If Park wanted meet him, she couldn't but IMG agent of Brian. (From what I heard)

So maybe it was not Park who handled not good way but it was Brian maybe.
    You guys don't know the truth so don't talk bad about Park. She must be a good person. I mean she raised her dauther that person. she deserve some credit. it's a great job. She must be great person. cause lousy person can't make daughter that successful person. I studied education and did teaching person and it's so true from what I experienced. She must be some great person.
    Last edited by silverling; 08-24-2010 at 03:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    Is she really going to retire? I heard that her LP will be choreographed by Wilson while her SP will be choreographed by Shae Lynn Bourne.
    I heard it too, and somewhere I already read that she will stay in Toronto until the LP is finished..

Plus, I think that if she wanted to retire they would have managed a quite different press release, at least without all this mistery. Also if somehow they didn't want to announce yet the retirement (because still thinking about it or so), they could always have manage a different release.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    Yeah and sometimes ignorance is bliss.
    True. Actually Orser the poster above who said some tension may be about Orser's other students I actaully think there's a kernal of truth there. Not so much that Orser would just leave Yu-na alone but that maybe they were uncomfortable with all those students.

I mean when you think about it Yu-na never really when she went in with Orser signed up to work with all of those students. I definetly think there's something more going on with the retirement.

I will say that I am not impressed with All State bringing Mao into it, and it makes no sense because Yu-na made a comment referring to that about how her and Orser's relationship was built on trust. It makes no sense.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    She must be a good person. I mean she raised her dauther that person. she deserve some credit. it's a great job. She must be great person. cause lousy person can't make daughter that successful person. I studied education and did teaching person and it's so true from what I experienced. She must be some great person.
    No. An AMBITIOUS parent raised Yu Na. Being good is entirely different. I guarantee Yu Na's mother is no saint, although she probably just wants the best for her daughter.

I would be very weary of entering any room where the mother's of Carol Heiss, Peggy Flemming, Tara Lipinsky, and Yu Na Kim were together unless I wanted to see blood.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 08-24-2010 at 03:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kia_4EverOnIce View Post
    I heard it too, and somewhere I already read that she will stay in Toronto until the LP is finished..

Plus, I think that if she wanted to retire they would have managed a quite different press release, at least without all this mistery. Also if somehow they didn't want to announce yet the retirement (because still thinking about it or so), they could always have manage a different release.
    And there's NO WAY Yuna will not be competing at the Worlds, especially they need to keep 2 spots for her country.

vCash
    The ship is sinking, so why not save yourself, right? I bet every anti Yuna is really happy with this fall out.
    that's not what I meant at all. What I meant was....she and he as a team accomplished the HIGHEST ranking. So now that the partnership is over....he is not really missing out on much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    No. An AMBITIOUS parent raised Yu Na. Being good is entirely different. I guarantee Yu Na's mother is no saint, although she probably just wants the best for her daughter.

I would be very weary of entering any room where the mother's of Carol Heiss, Peggy Flemming, Tara Lipinsky, and Yu Na Kim were together unless I wanted to see blood.
    But wouldn't it be fun to be a fly on the wall of said room.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    I will say that I am not impressed with All State bringing Mao into it, and it makes no sense because Yu-na made a comment referring to that about how her and Orser's relationship was built on trust. It makes no sense.
    One thing clear is that ATS never ever referred any skater at all.

ATS press release from yunakim.com

vCash
    And there's NO WAY Yuna will not be competing at the Worlds, especially they need to keep 2 spots for her country.
    Korean figure skating will have to deal with no Yu-na eventually.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Orser's management agency IMG said in a statement Tuesday that Kim's mother Park Mi-hee informed the coach on Aug. 2 that "he would no longer be retained" to coach the 19-year-old skater. IMG said "no reason was given for the sudden and unexpected decision."
    To me, this means that Brian was being paid to train Yu Na exclusively (explicitly or implied) for a set number of hours for which he was paid like a salary, and this financial agreement was ended but Brian was not necessary "fired" as her coach, but probably would have been paid for billed hours. After Brian was demoted my Yu Na's mother, he ended the relationship.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 08-24-2010 at 04:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DickButtonFan View Post
    I don't know if she is retiring, some are just speculating that. Some think that would be the only reason for dropping orser. But to me if she really was retiring she would have announced that at the same time out of respect. Because now all we have is questions.

To me this points to her either staying in this season or keeping options open.
    Why do they need to announce retirement? Kwan option is best for them. If Kim doesn't plan competitions, paying Orser's coaching fee is waste of money. They can hire a Korean staff instead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    But wouldn't it be fun to be a fly on the wall of said room.
    Not if you get squashed by one of the flying bodies......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post

She donated tons of money. It's was her decision to donate money. they did it for really long time. from when she was little. they donated money not one time not 10 time but SEVERAL time. They helped other from long ago not just donating money. she did lot's of good events for society. she did many good things. went to orphan office and help people that kind of works. many times.

Only ambitions parent don't succeed. Ambitions person/parents ruin their child not make oly cham, world champ. it's takes more than. You need to do something right to have actually success. You need to be good person not only ambitious.
    Last edited by silverling; 08-24-2010 at 04:14 PM.

vCash
    I think Orser needed skaters who would definitely compete at the 2014 Olympics while Yu-Na needed time to think about her future career after the 2011 Worlds. Just time to say goodbye...

vCash
    She donated tons of money. It's was her decision to domate money. they did it for really long time. from when she was little. they donated money not one time not 10 time but SEVERAL time. They helped other from long ago not just donating money. she did lot's of good events for society. she did many good things. went to orphan office and help some like works. many times.
    Only ambitions parent don't succeed. Ambitions person/parents ruin their child not make oly cham, world champ. it's takes more than. You need to do something right to have actually success.
    Well perhaps the "right thing" was getting lucky and landing a talented child. I don't think everyone is all good or all bad. Just because Mama Kim may be extremely ambitious and take no prisoners when it comes to her daughter's career, it doesn't mean that she doesn't have good points, like being willing to donate money to the poor. I would think that in any sport that requires early training from when a child was young, an ambitious adult is a key part of success in most cases. I say ambitious adult because I guess in the Soviet system you had ambitious parents handing their children over to ambitious coaches, who ran the show, but I'm sure did the pushing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    Not if you get squashed by one of the flying bodies......
    or body parts. They have teeth those women do...

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast