vCash

Plushenko's Appeal Refused by the ISU

Further to the Decision of the ISU Council on the eligibility of Mr. Evgeny Plushenko published in ISU Communication No.1622, item 5, the ISU informs that no appeal against this Decision has been filed by Mr. Evgeny Plushenko within the 21 day deadline and that as a result the above Decision of the Council has become final.

The ISU Members are obliged to take due notice of the ineligibility of Mr. Evgeny Plushenko for any ISU activity.

Fredi Schmid
    ISU Director General
    Didn't Mishin just speak about Plushenko regarding Sochi? The ISU is not playing any games..

vCash
    Not surprised to hear this.

vCash
    There was no appeal. The headline of the thread is incorrect. The text of the ISU said no appeal so no eligibitly and it is final. But does final mean permanent forever?

vCash
    FYI, this ISU bulletin and an Associated Press newswire article was posted earlier today in the "Plushenko won't go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport over his ineligibility" thread in GSD -- starting on the bottom of page 2: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=74473&page=2

vCash
    Probably for the best, although I am sure he would have dearly loved to compete at home. Perhaps this is a chance for him to lend his expertise and experience to some young up and comer skater who could really use some advice from someone with his experience.

vCash
    How was his appeal refused if he never filed? Sloppy journalism...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Probably for the best, although I am sure he would have dearly loved to compete at home. Perhaps this is a chance for him to lend his expertise and experience to some young up and comer skater who could really use some advice from someone with his experience.
    I assume this skater would be a Misihin student so maybe Gachinsky.

vCash
    He didn't appeal anything, i saw.

vCash
    Sorry for the confusion. By writing "appeal" in the thread title, I meant the possibility of an appeal. It was not worded well.

vCash
    The possibility was not refused either. He had the possibility, he did not use it. Period.

So the title is misleading.

vCash
    Actually, I came across an article today, I can post a link to it if anyone is interested later, but a simple google search brought up this article that says that they are still planning to compete in Sochi, they have a plan, and said something along the lines of... it is too early to reveal it yet. However, they are still continuing in their "plan" for Sochi....and it also mentions something about them going to the ISU asking for their eligibility back or something, I'm spewing this out totally from memory now, but yea...

so I guess take it how you like it :S