Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clytie View Post
    I loved the original Nikita with Peta Wilson and Roy Dupuis. It was'nt exactly high quality but I thought the two leads were great, both well cast, and had excellent chemistry. Well except for their hair in the last season.

That said I will probably only catch Nikita out of the new shows. I love shows about badass women. I've checked out some of the cast and can't say I am overly impressed but they could translate better than I think.
    It was so-so last night. It didn't have the edginess of the original. You never really knew who was good or bad which is what made it so compelling. This new version was too much like dollhouse with the big gym scenes and Nikita's *insider*. I'll watch a couple more times, but I don't think it'll survive.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Please get this right, PTB, because China Beach needs to have a rebirth / chance to re-evaulated and finally for the watershed series it was.
    ITA. I saw all of China Beach a couple of years ago when one of the cable channels repeated the entire series. I had forgotten how excellent it was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8sue View Post
    I keep hearing about how great Jekyll is. One of these days I'll have to get it out of my library and see for myself. I've loved his episodes of Doctor Who. On the other hand, I'd never seen Benedict Cumberbatch in anything before, but certainly would be interested now. Anything you'd recommend?
    I watch a lot of British TV and he's popped up a few times ... but I think his best work (that I've seen) was in the mini-series The Last Enemy. Good thriller stuff. He often plays the mild-mannered type, so it will be very interesting to see him as Sherlock.

And yes, Jekyll is superb.

No, I hadn't seen that (Law & Order UK); thanks. Is that the show that Freema Agyeman went to after Doctor Who?
    Yup, that's the one. She plays the assistant barrister role -- very different from Martha Jones!

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    Have you seen the fall preview issue of Entertainment Weekly yet?
    Ironically, I just got home from work and EW was in my mailbox. Jane Lynch, among others, is on the cover.

vCash
    I stumbled across Terriers on FX last Wednesday at 10:00pm and thouroughly enjoyed it. Don't be surprised if you haven't heard of it, evidently FX did little promoting of it and the ratings stunk for the premier because of that. But it's a fun Private Detective show starring the always excellent Donal Logue as an down on his luck ex-cup who does unlicensed PI work to get by. He stumbles upon a major case which is the overarching story that will be told over 13 episodes and then each ep will have small time PI stories blended in. It's a typical FX show, with an edge to it, but because Logue is in it, that edge is tempered somewhat. Definately not for kiddies, but I really liked it. Evidently critics like it too. I just hope FX gives it a chance to find an audience.

Here's more:

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/terriers/

vCash
    Funny coincidence - just as I tune in to Showcase to watch Sherlock Holmes, I read the first new posts on this thread and they're all about how great the show is . So far, it really does seem great.

I don't know if there's new management at Showcase but they're really hitting it out of the ballpark recently. I'm now hooked on Haven and Silent Witness, I really enjoyed the first season of Being Human and now look forward to the Lost Girl premiere on Sunday.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Nikita's pilot is supposed to repeat Saturday night at 9:00 if anyone missed it but wants to give it a try.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I miss getting the TV Guide with all of the new shows described in one issue. I know that you can get the information easily enough online, but it just doesn't seem the same. Perhaps I'll look for the Entertainment Weekly fall tv issue, or have I already missed it?
    Haven't read the entire thread yet but I got my EW Fall TV Preview issue yesterday so it should be out on newstands this coming week. I assume the TV Guide Fall Preview is either out by now or will be out this week too. I haven't read it yet (was out last night) but it looks pretty comprehensive and seems to cover just about every show coming this fall.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    And still not - maybe never - on DVD (except for the first and last episodes) due to music rights issues.

Please get this right, PTB, because China Beach needs to have a rebirth / chance to re-evaulated and finally for the watershed series it was.
    Hear Hear!!!

They were able to work things out for WKRP, so hopefully it can be worked out for China Beach too. I still have the Special Tribute episode w/scenes from the show mixed around the Vietnam Lady Vets telling stories of their time over there on tape somewhere around here. That's something I'll never tape over.

When it comes to returning shows, the one that I'm really looking forward to/counting down the minutes eagerly is for the return of Criminal Minds. Can't wait to see the resolution to this one!!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    ...I am all about Hellcats. The Rachel Berry cheerleader is great...
    You just like it cuz you get to watch young, nubile ladies parade around in skimpy clothing. You're such a horndog!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    Saw "Sherlock" last might- loved it. Benedict Cumberbatch (love the name!) is my new crush.

Sorry David Tennant.

But seriously- I was dubious when I first heard the concept, but it really works. I've been a Holmes fan since I devoured the books the summer I was 9 years old, and revisit the stories periodically.This version is really in the spirit of the stories, I think.

And the chemistry between the 2 leads is great- and I like the Watson character too.
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

vCash
    Loved, loved, loved Sherlock! For me, Sherlock Holmes has never been my favourite fictional detective, but the modern transplantation works. Really, really well! The acting was terrific, the characters' chemistry excellent and believable, and of course Steven Moffat's tight and witty writing. Cudos to all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    ... I really enjoyed the first season of Being Human and now look forward to the Lost Girl premiere on Sunday.
    What did you think of Lost Girl? It thought it was just ok. Some interesting ideas, but they seemed to be trying too hard: "we're trying to create a demon universe that no one else has done before." And they tried to cram way too much into the first episode -- a common mistake in North American TV series. I'll watch 1 more episode at least, but it up against Masterpiece and New Tricks, so I might give this one a miss.

Being Human, oth, I loved. Not sure when Showcase will pick up season 2, but I see that it's out on DVD later this month.

vCash
    Hawaii 5-0 is opposite Castle tonight! Oh decisions...decisions! But I think I will go with Hawaii 5-0 and watch Castle later.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Just here to add some love to the Benedict Cumberbatch train! He's a stellar actor

vCash
    It's only Monday and there is O.H. S.O. M.U.C.H. to watch! My bandwidth is going to eaten up like crazy and I'm going to trying to watch all the shows!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I checked out The Event tonight and I thought it was pretty good. I'll definitely watch that show again and I hope they answer questions a little faster in upcoming episodes. I can't get hooked on another show that doesn't answer questions along the way (aka, FlashForward, Lost, etc). I've been watching Hawaii Five O tonight too and that one is all ready a ton of fun. I love the cast, the story keeps your attention with all the action, and I think it's going to be a keeper for me. They just used the "Book him Dano" line which made my night and I really need to remember that Daniel Dae Kim's character is not Jin from Lost, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    I checked out The Event tonight and I thought it was pretty good. I'll definitely watch that show again and I hope they answer questions a little faster in upcoming episodes. I can't get hooked on another show that doesn't answer questions along the way

No kidding.

I'm waiting up until 12 to watch The Event on the west coast feed, but I swear, as much as I love these types of shows, it's history (and fast) if it drags and drags and drags with no answers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orable View Post
    Just here to add some love to the Benedict Cumberbatch train! He's a stellar actor
    I looked up "Sherlock" on the PBS web site and there was a small picture of him. He looks like a guy who had a very small part in one of the Hornblower episodes
    that were on A & E (remember when they had good stuff?) several years ago.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    I'm waiting up until 12 to watch The Event on the west coast feed, but I swear, as much as I love these types of shows, it's history (and fast) if it drags and drags and drags with no answers.
    I just watched The Event and it was highly annoying until the last 10 minutes. Now I'm interested, but it's qualified interest. I'm less concerned about answers and more concerned about constant shifting back and forth in time. And making the characters a hell of a lot more memorable than they were tonight.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast