Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    ok, Monday is typically a dead night so I probably will watch it
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    Wow, ok count me as another that can't wait to see The Event, after watching that 4 minute trailer
    Me too.
    Plus i am looking forward to Hawaii 50. Luv Daniel Dae Kim! Not familiary with Loughlin and Caan, but they look good too.

Watching The Big C on Showtime. Laura Linney is good, and love Oliver Platt. Show is amusing, but wonder how long that will last?

vCash
    I'm looking forward to Boardwalk Empire with Steve Buscemi. The ads make it look amazing!

And as for Blue Bloods... aren't New Kids on the Block about to go on tour again (with the Backstreet Boys) so wouldn't it be kind of hard for Donnie Wahlberg to be filming a TV series at the same time? Or will Donnie just not tour with them? Which would suck, because one of the songs he sings (Cover Girl) is my favourite of theirs!

vCash
    Maybe they've already finished filming for Blue Bloods, or will have by the time the tour starts.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I'm looking forward to Boardwalk Empire as well, screech. Steve Buscemi is great.

vCash
    Lonestar (I think that's the name of the con man living a double life show) looks pretty interesting, though its weird to think of Jon Voight being in a TV show.

I'm also intrigued by The Event, even though I have no idea what it's really going to be about, if only because Jason Ritter looks hot, and I adore Željko Ivanek because he was the kick ass Magister on True Blood.

I want to be interested in Undercovers, because I like JJ Abrams and loved Alias, but if they're going to do a retired spies returning to duty show then IMO it should be Sydney and Vaughn - anything else will pale in comparison, so to me it basically seems like Alias, but crappier. Though if Sark shows up, I'd love it.

vCash
    Well, I never saw Alias, so I'm thinking Under Covers looks pretty good.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    We've been watching 2 summer shows:

The Haven which is a take off from a Steven King book. It started out very slow, but now it's kind of entertaining. It's a cop with a spooky twist. It's shot in Nova Scotia.

The other is the Glades which is on show case. It's another cop show. It's got a couple of my fav characters that got booted from other shows.

http://www.aetv.com/the-glades/index.jsp

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1519931/

vCash
    I started watching Haven on Hulu. I like the spookyness, but the writing is pretty bad. I'm hoping it gets better (I think I just saw either episode 3 or 4). I hope the overarching "troubles" take over from the kooky-problem-of-the-day-in-which-no-one-meant-to-do-harm plots I've seen so far. I need some actual malice I mean, even Ghost Whisperer had that on occasion.

vCash
    I'm ready for Blue Bloods and Outlaw.

I'm also sobbing over the cancellation of Cold Case and I'm having a period of mourning over Jeff Goldblum leaving Law and Order Criminal Intent. I loved him!
    Last edited by GaPeach; 08-26-2010 at 01:04 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I started watching Haven on Hulu. I like the spookyness, but the writing is pretty bad. I'm hoping it gets better (I think I just saw either episode 3 or 4). I hope the overarching "troubles" take over from the kooky-problem-of-the-day-in-which-no-one-meant-to-do-harm plots I've seen so far. I need some actual malice I mean, even Ghost Whisperer had that on occasion.

I forget which one it finally started to get better, but the first 3 were pretty so so. I hope it gets better, but considering all the re-runs it was a change.

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    I plan to check out these shows for a few episodes and see what sticks:

Mondays - The Event, Hawaii Five-O

Tuesdays - No Ordinary Family

Weds - Undercovers, The Whole Truth

Thurs - My Generation, Nikita

Fri - Body of Proof, Blue Bloods

From last season, the only shows that I will repeat watching are:

Glee
    The Good Wife
    Parenthood

Hopefully I can find a few new shows that will "stick" for me out of the nine I plan to sample.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    The Event looks interesting but I am getting a huge FlashForward vibe and that show lost me after a few episodes despite seeming so promising.
    ITA about the Flash Forward vibe. I think it's the way they're advertising it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I don't get burned out more original shows (unless they suck, of course), but I watch plenty of typical, reliable CBS procedurals. I may be the only person who was bummed that Cold Case got canceled
    Cold Case got canceled? Maybe it was because it got postponed to so late in the evening by football most of the season that no one ever got to watch it.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Just finished watching trailers for the rest of the new shows for this season. I wish to add two shows to my list:

Body Of Proof (ABC) - starring Dana Delaney and Jeri Ryan

Outsourced (NBC)

I was not expecting to like either of these two. I've never been a big Dana Delaney fan, but I really liked her character in this preview (and she's not supposed to be likeable)! It looks to be an extremely well-written show.

And Outsourced made me happy because the other day I was thinking that it has been SO long since I have watched any comedy on a regular basis (I think the last one I watched every week was "Friends"). So maybe I'll have some laughter added to my week!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Blergh
    vCash
    I just saw Laura Linney's new Showtime show, The Big C on their website (edited language on the site) and it seriously made me wish I paid for Showtime. Between that and Nurse Jackie, I think Showtime has surpassed HBO in regards to original series programming.

Everybody who wants to check out new shows coming should do themselves a favor and go to showtime.com to watch it. I think that pilot will ensure Linney an Emmy next year unless Edie Falco has an even better season.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    The Walking Dead looks great Can't wait...I love zombie stuff. Debuts on Halloween with a 90 minute pilot.

vCash
    Which one is the new JJ Abrams show?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Just finished watching trailers for the rest of the new shows for this season. I wish to add two shows to my list:

Body Of Proof (ABC) - starring Dana Delaney and Jeri Ryan

I was not expecting to like either of these two. I've never been a big Dana Delaney fan, but I really liked her character in this preview (and she's not supposed to be likeable)! It looks to be an extremely well-written show.
    Body of proof looks interesting. I'm always surprised by jeri Ryan, first 7 of 9, then the bitchy DA in shark and now this.

I really liked Crossing Jordan until they screwed that one up.

vCash
    I still miss China Beach with Dana Delaney

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast