Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Talking New fall tv shows.....

I am a lover of cop dramas and there seems to be a lot coming down the pipes this fall including; Blue Bloods, Law & Order LA, The Chase, Undercover, and I know I am forgetting some but I am only now beginning to see the previews. There are also a sci-fi show called "The Event", well at least I think it is a science fiction show. The is also a show about a father and son con team. I am not terribly good at judging shows from previews but they all look watchable to me so I will have to wait until I actually see them before I can decide which I truely like. I am a fan of the Wahlburg brothers so I will be watching Blue Bloods. Hopefully Donnie finally have a hit show to his name.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    They're been advertising "The Event" so long I thought it was supposed to be a summer show, like "Persons Unknown". I think the months of hype (especially with revealing more and more about it) will backfire. My interest was piqued when I first saw the ads; now I don't care at all and doubt I'll watch it.

Is Blue Bloods the one with Tom Selleck and Donnie Wahlberg? I'll probably give it a try, although it looks like a typical, reliable CBS procedural. I think Undercover sounds promising, but Chase looks awful.

Is Rookie Blue coming back?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Rookie Blue maybe next summer.

Shit My Dad Says- "A lesbian in the navy saved my life"

vCash
    What is the show on ABC where a family gets special powers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    What is the show on ABC where a family gets special powers?
    You can actually watch that pilot if you are in the US and have a decent computer, sound and about 45 minutes

Go to www.NoOrdinaryScreening.com use code Extraordinary. US residents only.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Is Blue Bloods the one with Tom Selleck and Donnie Wahlberg? I'll probably give it a try, although it looks like a typical, reliable CBS procedural.
    Sometimes typical and reliable is refreshing, I think. I get so burned out on edgy, angsty, and bleak.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    The Event looks interesting but I am getting a huge FlashForward vibe and that show lost me after a few episodes despite seeming so promising.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Is CBS really keeping the title "Sh!t my Dad Says..."?

If so, that's pretty daring for such a mainstream network even though the popular blog and book that the show is based on is already named that.

ETA: Nevermind. I looked up it. The title will be $h*! My Dad Says, pronounced "Bleep My Dad Says".
    Last edited by VIETgrlTerifa; 08-24-2010 at 05:26 AM. Reason: .
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Sometimes typical and reliable is refreshing, I think. I get so burned out on edgy, angsty, and bleak.
    I don't get burned out more original shows (unless they suck, of course), but I watch plenty of typical, reliable CBS procedurals. I may be the only person who was bummed that Cold Case got canceled
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Blue Bloods has a shocking twist at the end of its first episode that is causing great controversy and caused major behind the scenes changes! That is not typical of a CBS procedural!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Blue Bloods has a shocking twist at the end of its first episode that is causing great controversy and caused major behind the scenes changes! That is not typical of a CBS procedural!
    Any ideas on what that is?

vCash
    I'm looking forward to Terriers on FX. It has Renee from True Blood in it. It's along the lines of a cop drama, but they aren't cops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Any ideas on what that is?

Seems Blue Bloods might be having issues already... this is probably more the problem than the actual plot if you read through it...
    http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/08/06/is...%28TV+Squad%29

vCash
    Hmm. Well, my mom and I like to watch TV together a lot, so her undying love for Selleck probably means we'll at least be giving this a try. Although I hope he's not quite such a diva as that article suggests.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    At this point, I'm looking forward to The Event, No Ordinary Family, Hawaii Five-0 and The Whole Truth. Maybe Hellcats if it focusses on good stories instead of the two lead females being bitchy to each other. If they end up becoming friends sooner than later, I might be really into it (the six-minute youtube promo looked surprisingly promising)...

Hellcats Promo- CW Network

Hawaii Five-O is not usually the kind of show I'd be into, but with Alex O'Loughlin, Daniel Dae-Kim and Scott Caan, it's going to be WAY too PEC-tacular to not give a chance! According to imdb.com, it will also star James Marsters (Buffy The Vampire Slayer) and Jean Smart (Designing Women, 24, Samantha Who?) but they're only listed as "one episode" (as is everyone in the cast), so I'm not sure if they're only in the pilot or will be regular characters. Quite a cast if they remain!

They're been advertising "The Event" so long I thought it was supposed to be a summer show, like "Persons Unknown". I think the months of hype (especially with revealing more and more about it) will backfire. My interest was piqued when I first saw the ads; now I don't care at all and doubt I'll watch it.
    I was feeling the same way. too many airings of the same short preview. But yesterday I watched a longer trailer at youtube and now my interest is higher than ever...

The Event - 4 Minute Trailer

I think Laura Innes (ER) is an amazing actress and Jason Ritter has been doing some good work since Joan Of Arcadia. Blair Underwood seems too young to be president of the USA, but maybe I'm still thinking of him during his L.A. Law days.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Wow, ok count me as another that can't wait to see The Event, after watching that 4 minute trailer

vCash
    I'm over Alex O'Laoughlin, but was going to check out Hawai'i Five-O for Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park - but I definitely want to see James Marsters, even if it's only 1 ep!

I can't even be bothered to watch the Event trailer....I think it will depend on where it falls in the schedule.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I already got hooked on a summer show, Memphis Beat, which was a nice change from typical cop shows.

I am, after many years of watching shows I like get screwed, leery of anything even vaguely sci-fi, so I'll wait and see on The Event. (And when I say leery I mean I waited until we got three or four seasons for SURE before even starting to watch Eureka, because I was VERY sure SciFi-as-was would do the same thing to them it did to every other decent show-bounce it around the schedule until the ratings tanked then cancel it.)

vCash
    I'm very intrigued by The Event. I'll watch that one, and maybe Hellcats. That's two more shows than I would normally watch in a new season! I haven't gotten started on a brand new show in several years. I think the last one was Heroes and I didn't even last a full season before losing interest.

vCash

I can't even be bothered to watch the Event trailer....I think it will depend on where it falls in the schedule.
    Looks like Mondays at 9 PM EST.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast