Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I thought her hair last season was totally cute and a huge improvement.

I agree about the posture/pointing toes and hope that she is able to focus on this in the move to PJZ & wife.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I always thought that Florida was going to become the new California for skating centers. Some big name coaches have moved there but that many.

vCash
    Big mistake imo. What does Fontana know about pairs skating? She wasn't even that successful as a single skater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Big mistake imo. What does Fontana know about pairs skating? She wasn't even that successful as a single skater.
    That's right...look at Frank Carroll...he had all the golds in skating....oh wait.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Sometimes the best coaches were not necessarily highly successful in their sport. Football is a good example...some of your greatest coaches in the NFL were not the greatest players. Some people make better coaches and motivators than competitors.

I am disappointed with this move myself. It seems that any time an American pair shows potential they either change coaches, quit after a bad season or they are plagued by injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralgraph View Post
    ... I hope the split from their couches was amicable. ......
    Well, it's always a good thing for a skater to split from their couch if they want to improve, regardless of how the couch feels.

vCash

Smile Good Move!

I think it's a good move. How many other coaches can call Tamara Moskvina or Artur Dmetriev when they need some good coaching advice? Perhaps John will get Kyoko Ina or Elena Berezhnaya to work with them a little bit too.
    Last edited by OrioleBeagle; 08-24-2010 at 11:44 PM. Reason: grammar

vCash
    IIRC, Delilah Sappenfield wasn't much of a skating prowess herself, but she's certainly proven herself in coaching.

I really hope this move works out for them. We really need them for the strength of American pairs.

vCash
    Jeremy is listed as a coach as his new facility. Good for him.

I'm sure the change will work out well for all parties.

vCash
    I'm really interested to see how these next few years unfold for them. Can a team be successful with no romantic chemistry? I'm also worried about his jumps and consistency as he gets older.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Can a team be successful with no romantic chemistry?
    Peter & Kitty Carruthers, Tai & Randy, Irina Rodnina and parter have zilch romantic chemistry.

I'm also worried about his jumps and consistency as he gets older.
    He's still a young pup. No need to worry about him losing his jump consistency due to old age yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Peter & Kitty Carruthers, Tai & Randy, Irina Rodnina and parter have zilch romantic chemistry.

He's still a young pup. No need to worry about him losing his jump consistency due to old age yet.
    Except Rodnina married her second partner, Zaitzev, and they had a son together- while competing and winning before and after the child's birth.
    That said, I don't think romantic relationship is in any way necessary to be successful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    That's right...look at Frank Carroll...he had all the golds in skating....oh wait.

I was mainly pointing out that Sylvia was not a pairs skater. If she had been , then maybe she would be a good pairs coach. Frank Was a singles skater and I don't recall that he has coached any but singles skaters.

vCash
    Frank had a totally unremarkable amateur career, even less sucessful than Silvia. And we don't know what she will be teaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Frank had a totally unremarkable amateur career, even less sucessful than Silvia. And we don't know what she will be teaching.
    Exactly. She is part of a coaching team in conjunction with PJZ. Say what you want about Fontana, but she had style, charisma and personality.

D/B are a nice team, but they are rough. Here's hoping she and PJZ can help smooth them out.

vCash
    Caydee's younger sister, Haven, and her current pairs partner Daniel O'Shea (Daniel Raad is her former partner - that's a typo in the article) is mentioned as moving with Denney/Barrett to the Coral Springs rink at the end of this local article: http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...e-skating-club

Here's a quote from Lyndon Johnston in this local Florida article: http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...c-skating-pair
    Coach Johnston said the decision was a surprise but not unusual in the sports world.

“We were a little bit taken back and we tried to figure out if there was anything we could have done different,” he said. “We are proud of what we have accomplished with Caydee and Jeremy and they just really felt they needed another angle. We wish them all the best.”
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-25-2010 at 08:53 PM.

vCash
    I wonder if Berton & Hotarek will be moving to the US to continue training with John?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleBeagle View Post
    I wonder if Berton & Hotarek will be moving to the US to continue training with John?
    Was he their primary coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    Was he their primary coach?
    Franca Bianconi is listed first as Berton/Hotarek's coach in their ISU bio (not yet fully updated for 2010-11): http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012078.htm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleBeagle View Post
    If Hotarek want's to try for Italian citizenship living in the US may be a problem. Another Czech skating for Italy, Zelenka just barely got his citizenship in time for Torino and he'd be living in Italy since he was a child.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast