Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    IIRC, Denney was doing 3f and 3lz as a single's skater. IDK if she has been training them recently...this is already a strong jumping team though. Their focus needs to be on other things. Sort of the complete opposite of Donlan/Speroff.

vCash
    Wow((( Unexpected. Just like everybody else, I wonder if having two top US teams in one place was getting too crowded. Jim P. seems sincerely invested in his students, so I hope it is not too much of a blow for him, and his success continues. And, of course, best of luck for D/B!

vCash
    I didn't expect this news either, I hope the split from their couches was amicable. I like both D/B and E/L, so I wish nothing but the best for both teams.
    Last edited by Spiralgraph; 08-24-2010 at 12:57 AM. Reason: typo!

vCash
    PJZ coached Stefania Berton & Ondrej Hotarek last season and the team really blew me away!

I'm still sad that D&B left Jim and gang. I hope it wasn't ugly. If Jeremy is still with Amanda, it's going to be so complicated. Although I guess practicing on the same ice every day might have been complicated, too.

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    I don't think one needs to move 1000 or so miles away to develop "independent living skills", they could just move out of their parents' house. .
    According to an article, that was suggested (by Tom Z? not sure) but Jeremy said (or was quoted saying) he didn't want to fall back on old habits (which is easy to do when all your folks live near you.)

I for one moved thousands of miles away from my parents when I was a teenager and can speak to the difference between 100 miles and 1000.
    Last edited by jlai; 08-24-2010 at 02:09 AM.

vCash
    Doesn't surprise me one bit, hello isn't it just a little like Tanith and Ben leaving Igor? How would you ever know if you got 100% from your coach if you had to share him at least a big 50% with another top team, and it sounds like he has several others, including her own sister?

The other issue might be that D/B recognized their biggest weaknesses: they need lengthening and stretch and polish, and I think John and his wife will definitely give them some more style and sophistication.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Just to stop the rumors before they get going from this thread, Amanda & Jeremy have not broken up. I'm sure they've figured out something to help them deal with the distance.

I wish Caydee & Jeremy all the best with their coaching change and hopefully things work out well for them.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Just to stop the rumors before they get going from this thread, Amanda & Jeremy have not broken up. I'm sure they've figured out something to help them deal with the distance.

I wish Caydee & Jeremy all the best with their coaching change and hopefully things work out well for them.
    I know Amanda and Jeremy haven't broken up But I thought jeremy's just going to commute everyday? It's a long commute, but still doable.. and they just got their new apartment. Jeremy's renting another apt near the new rink?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Doesn't surprise me one bit, hello isn't it just a little like Tanith and Ben leaving Igor? How would you ever know if you got 100% from your coach if you had to share him at least a big 50% with another top team, and it sounds like he has several others, including her own sister?
    No offense to E/L, but D/B training with them is not the same as B/A sharing the same coaches as V/M and D/W, who were direct threats to B/A. I know E/L placed above D/B at Worlds and Olympic, but I see that as an anomaly. I don't expect them to do that again if D/B don't miss their tricks. I certainly don't see E/L passing D/B for the Nationals title unless D/B really messed up.

The other issue might be that D/B recognized their biggest weaknesses: they need lengthening and stretch and polish, and I think John and his wife will definitely give them some more style and sophistication.
    Well D/B are supposed to get their "sophistication" this year by working with David Wilson and skating the RIB for their LP. I don't think I/Z was known as for being sophisticated or a pair that had great lines. Sivia seems like a nice person, but her pro programs have been really crappy, imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsskate View Post
    I know Amanda and Jeremy haven't broken up But I thought jeremy's just going to commute everyday? It's a long commute, but still doable.. and they just got their new apartment. Jeremy's renting another apt near the new rink?
    That would be a 7+ hour round trip daily. There's no way he's commuting that every day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

I believe that's a recent name change -- the Coral Springs rink used to be known as "Incredible Ice."
    Isn't that the rink where Kimmie was training with Callaghan for a time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsskate View Post
    Could we let them live SOME of thier life without a public discussion of "where they live" etc?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I know E/L placed above D/B at Worlds and Olympic...

Well D/B are supposed to get their "sophistication" this year by working with David Wilson and skating the RIB for their LP. I don't think I/Z was known as for being sophisticated or a pair that had great lines.
    IIRC, it was just at Olympics, and D/B were pretty clearly outskated by E/L there, at least in the short.

And I/Z were a little rough in the beginning, but yes, I'd say that their 2002 programs looked pretty darn sophisticated and had some wonderful lines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I certainly don't see E/L passing D/B for the Nationals title unless D/B really messed up.
    I wouldn't necessarily assume that these are the only 2 capable of winning. Yankowskas/Coughlin are looking good, and Simpson/Miller and Castelli/Shnapir, while long shots, are strong as well. And then there's I/B....

The GP series should be pretty interesting this year! Anyway, good for D/B making a bold move in an attempt to improve. I'm a big Peterson/Johnson fan, but I'm all for this move- this team could really use a fresh approach and some invigorating to keep them moving in the right direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sashasbeau View Post
    Very nice I hope they can do side-by-side triple axels next season. They are a special team. Though I hate her hair.

vCash
    What? A girl can be ambitious!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    Could we let them live SOME of thier life without a public discussion of "where they live" etc?
    Yeah, because everyday people are talking and writing about Jeremy and Amanda-- their living arrangements, what they'll name their kids. The paps follow them to and from the rink daily.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    PJZ coached Stefania Berton & Ondrej Hotarek last season and the team really blew me away!
    This. I was really impressed by what I saw considering what a new team they were as well.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Yeah, because everyday people are talking and writing about Jeremy and Amanda-- their living arrangements, what they'll name their kids. The paps follow them to and from the rink daily.
    Seriously, I really didn't see any harm in that poster wondering if Barrett was going to commute every day or live near the new rink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    I hope that John and Silvia teach Denney how to stretch and get her into some ballet classes
    me too, her posture botters me a lot..l also her hair cut.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast