Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Isn't John Nicks free now? I'd rather they go to him then an unproven source like Zimmeran and his wife.

It's sad when you think about how emotional Jim got after their performances at Nationals. He definitely has invested a lot of himself in them, but D&B do have to do what they think is best for them. I hope it works out.

vCash
    Didn't think they would switch coaches but maybe now that they reached the top they want new eyes and methods on and for their skating.

vCash
    Or maybe now that both teams are so competitive, training with Evora/Ladwig isn't working so well, esp for Denney & Ladwig.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    He has lived at the same place all his life (ie Colorado) and could use some independent living skills.
    I don't think one needs to move 1000 or so miles away to develop "independent living skills", they could just move out of their parents' house. And I was thinking of the coaching change in the context of his skating, not living situation - Tom Z has a lot of experience and coached him to a nat'l title. Yuka did not have the same amount of elite coaching experience. But it seems to have worked for Jeremy, so maybe this seemingly odd coaching change will work well for D/B.

vCash
    Maybe finances are tight and John Z charges cheaper rates?
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Wonder if Jeremy and Amanda broke up.
    That makes sense...but we would probably have heard by now on a Twitter or Facebook page or something...

vCash
    This is a surprise indeed - I don't think I had heard that John and Silvia were even doing any coaching at this level.

I wonder if any judges/referees suggested this change - i.e. what they needed to do to move up internationally.

Will be ineresting to see if John and Silvia can get the same success that Yuka and Jason have achieved.

vCash
    I live in Fla. and Coral Springs is only a few hours away from their old rink, so my theory is that Jeremy wanted to stay near Amanda but maybe D/B wanted to be the only elite pair at a rink, so they settled on John Zimmerman and Silvia Fontana?

Count me as one who is perplexed by the coaching choice, though. I'm not sure JZ and SF have the experience or politik to help D/B

vCash
    I am curious what Caydee's (haven) little sister is doing. I wonder if she is staying with Peterson/Johnson as coaches or she moved as well too!

vCash
    Unofficial hearsay is that the new junior pair team of Haven Denney/Danny O'Shea are staying with Peterson/Johnston/Smith in Ellenton.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Slightly OT, but "Saveology Iceplex" is one of the most clunky names for a rink I've ever heard.
    I believe that's a recent name change -- the Coral Springs rink used to be known as "Incredible Ice." Just checked the rink's website and Zimmerman/Fontana aren't listed as figure coaching coaches there (yet).

vCash
    Very nice I hope they can do side-by-side triple axels next season. They are a special team. Though I hate her hair.

vCash
    I will say I imagine Evora & Ladwig placing above Denney & Barrett at the Games was probably a shock to their system. I dont think they imagined that happening.

vCash
    IIRC, Barrett was dealing with an injury during the Olympics and it wasn't mentioned or used as an excuse at the time.

vCash
    Hopefully their problems with their current coaching situation can be helped by this coaching change. It does seem surprising because they have done well in a short amount of time (and the season is getting close to starting), but having problems with coaches is normal. Sometimes you work through it, and sometimes you try something different. I doubt they expect a new coach to work miracles and suddenly refine them or anything... I'm sure they have very good reasons for leaving Peterson and their other coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I will say I imagine Evora & Ladwig placing above Denney & Barrett at the Games was probably a shock to their system. I dont think they imagined that happening.
    If athletes switched coaches every time they lost to fellow countrymen, there would be an ENDLESS amount of coaching changes. If you aren't prepared to lose to someone, you probably can't compete. You win some, you lose some.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I believe that's a recent name change -- the Coral Springs rink used to be known as "Incredible Ice." Just checked the rink's website and Zimmerman/Fontana aren't listed as figure coaching coaches there (yet).
    They should call it PJZR - R is for Rink.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I don't like this news!
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I didn't realize John Z. had moved to Florida. Is that the reason the temperature in Florida has been several degrees hotter than usual .

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Peterson's statement shows he's a class act.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    This one kind of surprises me but I am sure they know what they are doing. They should get good coaching from John and Silvia and perhaps they can learn SBS 3flip or lutzes as Silvia surely knows a thing or two about teaching them even if she was never the most consistent or best jumper herself.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I am surprised also. Why tamper with success? Makes no sense to me but then some things never do!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast