Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Celebration on Ice 2010

Celebration on Ice has announced the cast & schedule for this year's tour in Ontario & Quebec: http://www.celebrationonice.ca
    The all new show choreographed by Brian Orser, will feature four-time World Champion Kurt Browning, Olympic Gold Medalists Jamie Sale and David Pelletier, World Champion and Olympic Bronze Medalist Jeffrey Buttle, Olympic Bronze Medalist Joanne Rochette, Canadian Champion and Olympian Cynthia Phaneuf.
    Shows will be held in:
    Thunder Bay - Dec 16
    Sault Ste Marie - Dec 17
    Sudbury - Dec 18
    Owen Sound - Dec 19
    Newmarket - Dec 20
    Sherbrooke - Dec 21

--

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Already marked on the Calendar. Now I just have to figure out who will go w/me.

vCash
    Tickets will be on sale soon!!

Thunder Bay - December 16 - Tix on sale: Oct 14th
    Sault St Marie - December 17 - Tix on sale: Oct 14th
    Sudbury - December 18 - Tix on sale: Late September
    Owen Sound - December 19 - Tix on sale: Oct 7th
    Newmarket - December 20 - Tix on sale: Oct 14th
    Sherbrooke - December 21 - Tix on sale: Oct 14th

For additional ticketing and box office information, visit www.celebrationonice.ca

Don't miss Kurt Browning, Jamie Sale & David Pelletier, Joannie Rochette, Jeff Buttle, Cynthia Phaneuf and many more! You will not want to miss this unique experience of wholesome family entertainment during the holiday season!

vCash
    Tickets are on sale today, Oct 7, for Owen Sound. 9:00am. More info at http://www.celebrationonice.ca

vCash
    Meagan Duhamel & Eric Radford have been added to the Sudbury show! Tickets for Sudbury on sale Friday Oct 15th! Visit www.celebrationonice.ca for more info.

vCash
    4 more cities on sale TODAY (Thursday Oct 14th)
    Thunder Bay – December 16 – on sale: Oct 14th @ 9:30am
    Sault St Marie – December 17 – on sale: Oct 14th @ 10:00am
    Newmarket – December 20 – on sale: Oct 14th – 12:01am (online) box office @ 1pm
    Sherbrooke – December 21 – on sale: Oct 14th – 10:00am

Sudbury – December 18 – on sale: Oct 15th
    Owen Sound – December 19 – Tickets on sale now!

Visit www.celebrationonice.ca for ticket info, links and phone numbers!

vCash
    Newmarket - NOW ON SALE online only!! Box office opens @ 1pm. Here is a direct link to the ticketing site https://secure1.tixhub.com/newmarket...iEvents_id=379

vCash
    Here is some more information for tickets about to go on sale in 3 cities:

Thunder Bay on sale at 9:30am! Tickets available by calling the box office at 807-625-2929.

Sault Ste. Marie on sale today @ 10am! Box office #1-866-775-9422 or online at http://bit.ly/934Tdx

Sherbrooke on sale today @ 10am! Box Office # 1-800-361-4595 or online at http://bit.ly/dkbbSp

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I got on-ice tickets for the Sudbury show!
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Me too!!!

We'll have to meet up this time Kim. Too bad I was w/an older cousin at the CSOI stop in the Soo two years ago, otherwise, I would have suggested it then.

So excited!!! Especially since now my planned trip to Ottawa for Remembrance Day has been cancelled for this year thanks to Dental Work needing to be done. Since that was going to be my "condolence trip" for not being able to afford any of the accomendation prices in Kingston for Skate Canada....Grrrr!!!

Oh well...This is a pretty good Plan C.

vCash
    Joannie Rochette talks about the upcoming Celebration on Ice tour:

http://www.northernlife.ca/news/spor...ce-131210.aspx

Duhamel & Radford will be the guest skaters in Sudbury.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    Joannie Rochette talks about the upcoming Celebration on Ice tour:

http://www.northernlife.ca/news/spor...ce-131210.aspx

Duhamel & Radford will be the guest skaters in Sudbury.
    Hey, I live in Sudbury and I haven't seen this article! I can't wait until Saturday!
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    article from the first show in Thunder Bay:

http://www.tbnewswatch.com/sports/De...spx?cid=124573
    Kurt Browning: You become real. When you’re on TV, it doesn’t matter what’s happening. Somehow there’s this aura of that didn’t really happen because it’s in the box. When you go live, you buy a ticket, you take time out of your schedule, everyone gets in the car and you sit there and actually see it, the skaters become real people,” Browning said, stretching in the Gardens hallway, trying to stay limber for the Casablanca-inspired number created for him by two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser.

vCash
    has anyone out there seen the Celebration on Ice show? reviews?

vCash
    No time for a review right now, but here's some photos: http://ericaleedesigns.com/photos/th...s.php?album=71

vCash
    There is one full review, and one Kurt-centric review of the show up on my site so far:
    Full review, by Andrea: http://www.kurtfiles.com/reviews/coi10_sudbury.php
    Kurt review, by me: http://www.kurtfiles.com/reviews/coi...sound_kurt.php

I'm seeing the Newmarket show tonight and hope to write a real review afterwards, though I'll also be working on photos from that show and yesterday's show...

It's a great show, I thought. In particular, there's a group number that opens the second act featuring Jeff, Joannie, Jamie, David, and Kurt, where each revisits their iconic past skates, with each doing an abbreviated reprisal of their most famous Olympic or Worlds programs. Jeff does his 1998 Worlds LP, Jamie & David do Love Story, Joannie does her 2010 Olympics LP, and Kurt does Casablanca. I can't tell you how cool it was to get to watch those programs, even if they weren't exactly the original versions, live in front of me.

I don't remember all the music but I can tell you that Kurt skated to "River" and "Steppin' Out Of My Mind" (the same two programs he did at HFOI). Jeff did "Good Mother" from CSOI last year and a Christmas number. Joannie did "O Holy Night" and "Objection". Cynthia did "Barracuda" from CSOI last year and a holiday number that was more pop-like with vague holiday themes than a full out Christmas carol. Jamie & David did a holiday number and a romantic number and I just can't remember the music on either (which isn't to say that the programs weren't memorable, just that my memory is broken). Kirsten and Dylan did a holiday number and a cheerleader number. Violetta & Pete did one holiday-themed number with that big tube cube thing (Violetta was Pete's present) and the one with the hula hoops they did at BOTB. I thought the opening and closing were quite well done - choreographed by Brian Orser, and really felt like put together group numbers, which was nice to see.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Here are a couple of articles from the Sudbury Star.

Iconic Canadian Browning Still Loves To Skate And Perform

Duhamel Makes Triumphant Return

The number with Jeff, Joannie, S&P and Kurt was really fantastic! When Jamie and David started to skate a portion of Love Story, I got really emotional for some reason...it was strange because I'm not much of a fan of them now (Jamie in particular ) but it was bittersweet to see them skate to Love Story when they are no longer together.

My seats were the worst seats I've ever had at any show ever! First, I ordered 3 seats together, and there was an 8 foot aisle separating my seat and the other two. They also had two rows on the ice, and the second row wasn't raised, so we couldn't see anything. Pissed me off that I spent $100 on a ticket and all I saw was heads.

I have a feeling Kurt is nearing the end of his pro career. He is still such a showman, but you can tell the years of wear and tear on his knees is catching up with him. I'll be very, very sad when he retires.

Oh, and Eric Radford is , and I have a girl crush on Violetta...that woman's abs are friggin' amazing!

vCash
    Thanks for the article links! =)

I have a feeling Kurt is nearing the end of his pro career. He is still such a showman, but you can tell the years of wear and tear on his knees is catching up with him. I'll be very, very sad when he retires
    How can you tell? I know his jumps aren't where they used to be (though that 2-axel still flies when he hits it, which is most of the time), but every time I see him I marvel more and more at those flying feet on the ice. His footwork is amazing and so nimble. I always wonder why his knees don't get in the way of the footwork more. Steppin' Out of My Mind had such great footwork... He's 44 and he could be excused for slowing down but he never stops moving.

ETA: Excellent photos, Erica! You got some lovely shots of all the skaters. Man, Eric Radford is TALL. Or Meghan is really extra short?
    Last edited by Teenes; 12-20-2010 at 03:39 PM.

vCash
    Nice pictures! Holy crap I couldn't believe david was wearing his Love Story outfit until someone in the review explained. Jamie's outfit would not fit considering how one's body changes slightly as a woman after kids. Also, her new boobs which are too big and kind of droopy looking, far too middle aged looking for a young petite girl like her. Lavender dress is from their "Thankful" routine the year before they split. It does nothing for her. I saw her in person in Toronto in a restaurant and she is tiny and slim. But HOly Cow, in the first pictures they are actually looking at each other and look happy, unlike last year's SOI where they loathed each other (it seemed) But by the Love Story routine, she has her looking at david's shoulder look perfected again. Very strange divorce. Wonderful pictures of everyone though. Thanks you guys.

vCash
    Hello Everyone,

I was at the show in Sudbury on Sat. night and had a fabulous time. It was such a great show. We had great seats on the ice. I just wish I could see it all over again.

I took quite a few pictures and finally once facebook co-operated with me this afternoon, I had uploaded some of them on my facebook account. I made the album open so everyone can see. So here's the link for you all to enjoy.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=d3ff01a062

Teens posted a link to a review by Andrea. Well that Andrea is me Basically I don't have really anything much more to add other than I REALLY enjoyed the show especially the 'Champions" number. Totally was the highlight for me, and its really too bad that this show wasn't taped for TV so all figure skating fans can enjoy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast