Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I agree with allezfred that they should have gone to Cheryl last - are they even going to explain why Dermot did not do this? He's kind of annoying me after each show comes and goes, and his voice reminds me of Tom Hardy from Inception.

I think that the judges should lock their votes like Dancing With The Stars because I hate the fact that as each judge renders their decision the next one can change his or her mind.

I'm okay with Treyc leaving anyway because Katie is going home next week. I'm just sad that Treyc is not going to have a chance to fight back, even if it were to be one or two more weeks.

Wagner HAS. TO. GO. ASAP.

vCash
    Pretty annoying result this week. The public is clearly done with Katie, why can't the judges just let her go? And her singout song is the same dang song every time. "Don't let me down, don't give up on me, I'm not ready to leave, please I'm begging, don't give up on me!!!" We get it already.

However, I'm also fine with Treyc going in some ways, because you cannot choose "Don't wanna Miss a Thing" and then "Unbreak my Heart" and expect to stick around. Awful, awful song choices. She could have been right at the top with the right songs. Which is part Cheryl's fault too, but mostly I blame Treyc.

Dannii is frustrating me the most right now. She's doing well with Paije lately, and has picked a few good ones for Matt (but a few clunkers as well), but I think she's really picking horrible songs for Aiden and completely blew it with Nicolo.

I would so gladly return Katie, Wagner, and Aiden in favor of Nicolo, Tom, and The Reason right now...sigh....

Tom-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZWonu2Z8uY

Nicolo- (his talent was abused with that Gaga song)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00-dQ...eature=channel

The Reason-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVsaaDc0fNI
    Last edited by haribobo; 11-08-2010 at 11:56 AM.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Dannii is frustrating me the most right now. She's doing well with Paije lately, and has picked a few good ones for Matt (but a few clunkers as well), but I think she's really picking horrible songs for Aiden and completely blew it with Nicolo.
    Do the mentors give contestants multiple songs to choose from? Or just one? Can a contestant veto that selection and suggest their own choice?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    It's a sign of getting old. ;P
    He was saying this last night and he's more than happy about it.

He did see Matt Cardle and One Erection though.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I would so gladly return Katie, Wagner, and Aiden in favor of Nicolo, Tom, and The Reason right now...sigh....
    Absolutely. Not so sure about Tom, but I would have liked to have seen Nicolo's progression throughout the show. I'm guessing that Simon saw $$$$ with One Direction and The Reason was a threat.

If Katie survives another week, I'm gonna puke.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Treyc's father claims wuzrobbed

According to The Sun, figures revealed that if Cole had voted for TreyC, rival Katie would have been eliminated if the outcome had hinged on the public vote, as she polled just a third of the public votes that Treyc won.
    Huge scandal if that's true and I'm going to guess it is.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post

Not one seconde do I believe that Katie got more votes from the public than TreyC. I hope there will be a scandal. You can mess with the public only that much!

vCash
    What surprises me is how stubborn the judges seem to be on this one. In previous years one of the deciding factors to send candidates home was the fact that they had been in the bottom two for two/three times and as such the public clearly wasn't interested in keeping them in. Who's going to buy her records? If the judges have so much trust in the public, they should get the message.

But Simon seems to have adopted a new 'you're different = you're amazing' attitude and Louis just redefines the show each week:

'You look like a popstar and that's what this show is all about'
    'You have an amazing voice and that's what this show is all about'
    'You're fun and that's what this show is all about'
    'You're different and that's what this show is all about'

I'm not looking forward to another 'save me' performance from Katie next week, frankly it's getting quite boring. She lost me when she went off on one during the auditions going on about how she wanted to become a legend and excel at music, songwriting and...medicine

vCash
    Simon hasn't been interested in strong traditional black female singers since Alexandra Burke won. Especially if they sing boring Toni Braxton or Whitney or Mariah songs. The fact that Treyc was only picked as a wildcard for the top 16 kinda shows they weren't really pushing her at all. She would have had to be really fresh and exciting to stick around, unfortunately- just being a good singer doing OK songs wasn't enough. Now, Katie is anything but fresh and exciting, but I think Simon just loves all the press and drama around her and loves SKANDAL. Louis, who knows what goes through his tiny brain. Nothing he says means anything, he loves every act and just spouts out one catchphrase after another. You can't count on him to do the right thing or make any sense, ever.

Vacant
    vCash

Glad he's trying to create a stink as Sunday night was a complete fiasco and the fans deserve better. After all they're the ones sinking goodness knows how much into all the calls to vote.

But I still don't understand how it happened! The last thing Cheryl said was; let the others vote, come back to me and I'll take it to deadlock. Then Dermot starts spouting off about majority decisions and never went back to her

Has anyone actually given a valid explanation for this in the press yet?

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post

Has anyone actually given a valid explanation for this in the press yet?
    Apparently, there's something in the rules. I imagine it's next to the rule that allows them to change an over-25 category into an over-28 one at the drop of a hat.

Vacant
    vCash
    Apparently, there's something in the rules. I imagine it's next to the rule that allows them to change an over-25 category into an over-28 one at the drop of a hat.
    FFS that's ridiculous. They'd do well to explain these 'rules' to the viewing audience. Oh and a copy to each of the judges might not go amiss either

vCash

vCash
    Simon hasn't been interested in strong traditional black female singers since Alexandra Burke won. Especially if they sing boring Toni Braxton or Whitney or Mariah songs. The fact that Treyc was only picked as a wildcard for the top 16 kinda shows they weren't really pushing her at all. She would have had to be really fresh and exciting to stick around, unfortunately- just being a good singer doing OK songs wasn't enough. Now, Katie is anything but fresh and exciting, but I think Simon just loves all the press and drama around her and loves SKANDAL. Louis, who knows what goes through his tiny brain. Nothing he says means anything, he loves every act and just spouts out one catchphrase after another. You can't count on him to do the right thing or make any sense, ever.
    That makes sense to me.

Simon wants to keep Katie for as long as possible because of all the DRAMA it causes, which translates to headlines which translates to viewing figures.

It seems like Cheryl was not aware of the rules because she wanted deadlock. I wonder if any of the judges ever actually read them. Or if they actually exist at all.

vCash
    Checking in from Switzerland!

Elton John night!

vCash
    Did Cheryl say is wasn't familiar with the song?

Vacant
    vCash
    Yep she did Paige and Aiden pretty dull. Mary better than last week barring one very dodgy note and a couple of other fluffs, but she's so limited. Such a small vocal range.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Yep she did
    I'd be ashamed to admit that, even more so if I were English

vCash
    Oh my, please stop! Her voice is a million times too weak for this song!

vCash
    It didn't work for Aiden to change that song at all, for once Louis was spot on.

Mary sounded like an afternoon labour club singer...

Matt was awesome!

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast