Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Loving on babies!
    vCash
    If anyone who couldn't see the original video also couldn't see the interview ones, I uploaded them all at fsvids. You can PM me if you want the links to download them.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    What is the minimum score they have to have? I can't imaging they won't make that number but February is cutting it pretty close.

Is there a list of ISU competitions somewhere, other than Grand Prix?
    The list of competitions is in ISU Communication 1612, which you can download from this page:

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/pa...v-list,00.html

I couldn't find the post where this was first linked, but many thanks to whoever posted it when the info came out.

There's the Montblanc Trophy in Italy (15-20 Feb) and the International Challenge Cup in the Netherlands (9-13 Mar). Neither had Pairs competition last year, but as Ziggy and a few others pointed out, it's very likely that the Russian Fed will figure out a way to ensure this will happen, if V/T make the Russian team.

Communication 1619 lists the minimum scores:
    Pair Skating SP 17,0 FS 30,0

Thanks to HisWeirness:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...+score&page=18
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    The list of competitions is in ISU Communication 1612, which you can download from this page:

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/pa...v-list,00.html

I couldn't find the post where this was first linked, but many thanks to whoever posted it when the info came out.

There's the Montblanc Trophy in Italy (15-20 Feb) and the International Challenge Cup in the Netherlands (9-13 Mar). Neither had Pairs competition last year, but as Ziggy and a few others pointed out, it's very likely that the Russian Fed will figure out a way to ensure this will happen, if V/T make the Russian team.

Communication 1619 lists the minimum scores:
    Pair Skating SP 17,0 FS 30,0

Thanks to HisWeirness:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...+score&page=18
    Thanks for posting this! WOW 37 points total! Are there that many teams trying to get in they have to set a goal at all or so few they have to set a low bar? Either way, I'm not sure what the point is.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    47 points total

Yeah, I know, it's going to make it so much rougher on this particular team....
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    47 points total

Yeah, I know, it's going to make it so much rougher on this particular team....
    Even if they double every triple, including the twist, I think they could get 47 points.

vCash
    They should get 47 points in components alone.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    That's true, but the minimum scores are TES scores only.

If I understood the Technical Panel Handbook for Pairs Skating correctly, these are the minimum elements (all Level 1, where levels are applicable) with base GOE for each of the SP and FS:

Short Program:
    Group 5 Lasso L1: 4.5
    Double Toe/Sal Throw: 2.6
    Solo Spin, 1 ch foot (max)/1 ch position: 2.0
    Step Sequence: 1.8
    Double Twist: 3.0
    BIDS: 2.8
    Solo Jump-2T or 2S: 1.4

Total: 18.1 vs. minimum score required of 17. That's doing the easiest legal jumps (2T or 2S) and throws, getting no levels higher than 1, and getting no positive GOE.

Free Skate
    Jump Sequence/2 Double Toes or Sals: (2.8*.8)=2.24
    Solo Jump-Double Toe or Sal=1.4
    Double Twist: 3.0
    Lift 1 (Group 3 or 4): 2.5
    Lift 2 (Group 1): 1.1*
    Lift 3 (Group 1): 1.1*
    FIDS: 2.8
    Paris Spin Combo (2 positions): 3.0
    Solo Spin (Combination): 1.7
    Double Toe Throw: 2.6
    Double Sal Throw: 2.6
    Choreo Spiral Sequence: 2.0

Total: 26.04 vs. 30 needed as a minimum score. Pairs need to up the levels/do harder jumps and throws, and/or get +GOE to meet the minimum.

* I don't see a restriction against repeating a lift, but I may have missed it. I also never noticed that they could do 2 twist lifts and 2 lifts instead of 1 twist lift and 3 lifts.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash

vCash
    [QUOTE=parasolka;2857386]Just look at them!

http://visualrian.ru/images/item/747747[/QUOTE

Awesome

Quadless
    vCash
    Nice to see Stanislav in the background. I admire him for stepping aside to allow Tatiana to skate with Trankov.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Thanks for all the links! They look great!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    Nice to see Stanislav in the background. I admire him for stepping aside to allow Tatiana to skate with Trankov.
    Yeah, now if only BALDwin would step aside.... Might be too late for that, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    Stanislav seems to be a very cool guy, really I mean, it's cute how he's aware of that he wasn't good enough for his girl (I mean, on ice ) and supports her in achieving further successes without him.

but it must be kind of stresful for Maxim to throw Stanislav's girl in the air in his presence lol I mean, in case sth went wrong with putting her back down, he could be in a lot of trouble

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Stanislav seems to be a very cool guy, really I mean, it's cute how he's aware of that he wasn't good enough for his girl (I mean, on ice ) and supports her in achieving further successes without him.

but it must be kind of stresful for Maxim to throw Stanislav's girl in the air in his presence lol I mean, in case sth went wrong with putting her back down, he could be in a lot of trouble
    ...before that he was throwing Olegs girl in the air, so there isn´t so much chnge for him

vCash
    I think it is stressful for any male pair partner in this regards because if she gets injured, both of them can't compete.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I think it is stressful for any male pair partner in this regards because if she gets injured, both of them can't compete.
    But if you drop the coach's wife, the coach kicks you in the injured spot before calling the ambulance.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    But if you drop the coach's wife, the coach kicks you in the injured spot before calling the ambulance.
    Especially, if said coach is big enough to do some serious hurt.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    [QUOTE=inthemiddle;2857413]
    Quote Originally Posted by parasolka View Post
    Just look at them!

http://visualrian.ru/images/item/747747[/QUOTE

Awesome
    She is sure strong looking - those muscles are something!
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parasolka View Post
    Thanks for tne photoI hope VT can do the triple twist as good as VM

vCash
    There is an interview with Tatiana
    http://www.gzt.ru/topnews/sport/-fig...v-/321892.html

Please, could somebody translate this article?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast