Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 158
  1. #101
    Loving on babies!
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Twin heaven!
    Posts
    11,723
    vCash
    1570
    Rep Power
    41476
    If anyone who couldn't see the original video also couldn't see the interview ones, I uploaded them all at fsvids. You can PM me if you want the links to download them.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

  2. #102
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,181
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    43796
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    What is the minimum score they have to have? I can't imaging they won't make that number but February is cutting it pretty close.

    Is there a list of ISU competitions somewhere, other than Grand Prix?
    The list of competitions is in ISU Communication 1612, which you can download from this page:

    http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/pa...v-list,00.html

    I couldn't find the post where this was first linked, but many thanks to whoever posted it when the info came out.

    There's the Montblanc Trophy in Italy (15-20 Feb) and the International Challenge Cup in the Netherlands (9-13 Mar). Neither had Pairs competition last year, but as Ziggy and a few others pointed out, it's very likely that the Russian Fed will figure out a way to ensure this will happen, if V/T make the Russian team.

    Communication 1619 lists the minimum scores:
    Pair Skating SP 17,0 FS 30,0

    Thanks to HisWeirness:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...+score&page=18
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  3. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,507
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    The list of competitions is in ISU Communication 1612, which you can download from this page:

    http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/pa...v-list,00.html

    I couldn't find the post where this was first linked, but many thanks to whoever posted it when the info came out.

    There's the Montblanc Trophy in Italy (15-20 Feb) and the International Challenge Cup in the Netherlands (9-13 Mar). Neither had Pairs competition last year, but as Ziggy and a few others pointed out, it's very likely that the Russian Fed will figure out a way to ensure this will happen, if V/T make the Russian team.

    Communication 1619 lists the minimum scores:
    Pair Skating SP 17,0 FS 30,0

    Thanks to HisWeirness:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...+score&page=18
    Thanks for posting this! WOW 37 points total! Are there that many teams trying to get in they have to set a goal at all or so few they have to set a low bar? Either way, I'm not sure what the point is.

  4. #104
    Loving on babies!
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Twin heaven!
    Posts
    11,723
    vCash
    1570
    Rep Power
    41476
    47 points total

    Yeah, I know, it's going to make it so much rougher on this particular team....
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

  5. #105

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,477
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    47 points total

    Yeah, I know, it's going to make it so much rougher on this particular team....
    Even if they double every triple, including the twist, I think they could get 47 points.

  6. #106

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    48
    Posts
    17,933
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33055
    They should get 47 points in components alone.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

  7. #107
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,181
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    43796
    That's true, but the minimum scores are TES scores only.

    If I understood the Technical Panel Handbook for Pairs Skating correctly, these are the minimum elements (all Level 1, where levels are applicable) with base GOE for each of the SP and FS:

    Short Program:
    Group 5 Lasso L1: 4.5
    Double Toe/Sal Throw: 2.6
    Solo Spin, 1 ch foot (max)/1 ch position: 2.0
    Step Sequence: 1.8
    Double Twist: 3.0
    BIDS: 2.8
    Solo Jump-2T or 2S: 1.4

    Total: 18.1 vs. minimum score required of 17. That's doing the easiest legal jumps (2T or 2S) and throws, getting no levels higher than 1, and getting no positive GOE.

    Free Skate
    Jump Sequence/2 Double Toes or Sals: (2.8*.8)=2.24
    Solo Jump-Double Toe or Sal=1.4
    Double Twist: 3.0
    Lift 1 (Group 3 or 4): 2.5
    Lift 2 (Group 1): 1.1*
    Lift 3 (Group 1): 1.1*
    FIDS: 2.8
    Paris Spin Combo (2 positions): 3.0
    Solo Spin (Combination): 1.7
    Double Toe Throw: 2.6
    Double Sal Throw: 2.6
    Choreo Spiral Sequence: 2.0

    Total: 26.04 vs. 30 needed as a minimum score. Pairs need to up the levels/do harder jumps and throws, and/or get +GOE to meet the minimum.

    * I don't see a restriction against repeating a lift, but I may have missed it. I also never noticed that they could do 2 twist lifts and 2 lifts instead of 1 twist lift and 3 lifts.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  8. #108
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    112
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    82

  9. #109
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    299
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    203
    [QUOTE=parasolka;2857386]Just look at them!

    http://visualrian.ru/images/item/747747[/QUOTE

    Awesome

  10. #110
    Quadless
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Celebrating the power of Pooh
    Posts
    15,034
    vCash
    325
    Rep Power
    42821
    Nice to see Stanislav in the background. I admire him for stepping aside to allow Tatiana to skate with Trankov.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

  11. #111

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,865
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    978
    Thanks for all the links! They look great!

  12. #112
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    78
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    Nice to see Stanislav in the background. I admire him for stepping aside to allow Tatiana to skate with Trankov.
    Yeah, now if only BALDwin would step aside.... Might be too late for that, though.

  13. #113
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    wherever they cheer for Davis/White
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    Nice to see Stanislav in the background. I admire him for stepping aside to allow Tatiana to skate with Trankov.
    Stanislav seems to be a very cool guy, really I mean, it's cute how he's aware of that he wasn't good enough for his girl (I mean, on ice ) and supports her in achieving further successes without him.

    but it must be kind of stresful for Maxim to throw Stanislav's girl in the air in his presence lol I mean, in case sth went wrong with putting her back down, he could be in a lot of trouble

  14. #114
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    on the rivers of Babylon
    Posts
    401
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Stanislav seems to be a very cool guy, really I mean, it's cute how he's aware of that he wasn't good enough for his girl (I mean, on ice ) and supports her in achieving further successes without him.

    but it must be kind of stresful for Maxim to throw Stanislav's girl in the air in his presence lol I mean, in case sth went wrong with putting her back down, he could be in a lot of trouble
    ...before that he was throwing Olegs girl in the air, so there isn´t so much chnge for him

  15. #115

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,660
    vCash
    532
    Rep Power
    16524
    I think it is stressful for any male pair partner in this regards because if she gets injured, both of them can't compete.

  16. #116
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,181
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    43796
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I think it is stressful for any male pair partner in this regards because if she gets injured, both of them can't compete.
    But if you drop the coach's wife, the coach kicks you in the injured spot before calling the ambulance.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  17. #117
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking for a pairs team to split up
    Posts
    40,213
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    42549
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    But if you drop the coach's wife, the coach kicks you in the injured spot before calling the ambulance.
    Especially, if said coach is big enough to do some serious hurt.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

  18. #118

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,867
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    88512
    [QUOTE=inthemiddle;2857413]
    Quote Originally Posted by parasolka View Post
    Just look at them!

    http://visualrian.ru/images/item/747747[/QUOTE

    Awesome
    She is sure strong looking - those muscles are something!
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

  19. #119
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by parasolka View Post
    Thanks for tne photoI hope VT can do the triple twist as good as VM

  20. #120
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Holding the spot for Andrei Griazev
    Age
    28
    Posts
    496
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    There is an interview with Tatiana
    http://www.gzt.ru/topnews/sport/-fig...v-/321892.html

    Please, could somebody translate this article?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •