Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    DAMN! They look amazing for four....or is it three...months together! Now I have THREE reasons to continue watching figure skating

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    DAMN! They look amazing for four....or is it three...months together! Now I have THREE reasons to continue watching figure skating
    V&T, I&M, and ? Is there really anything else?

Quadless
    vCash
    I&K, of course.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    I love Tatiana and the pairng with Trankov is totally
    SBS spin is right on the money, and I'm sure throws will be no problem at all. I just hope the lifts will be just as amazing as when she was with Morozov.
    V/T for Sochi

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    I&K, of course.
    I actually meant to write I&K, not I&M, but maybe it's both and that answers my question.

In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I actually meant to write I&K, not I&M, but maybe it's both and that answers my question.
    Yeah, it's I&K Also holding out against hope that P&B return to the voids of 2007 and 2008.

That is it though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    V&T, I&M, and ? Is there really anything else?
    B&L

vCash
    Since I have no clue how to read Russian, can someone enlighten me on how to find the video?

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    Since I have no clue how to read Russian, can someone enlighten me on how to find the video?
    It's on youtube. See this post: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...5&postcount=79

vCash
    Lovely position from her in the flying camel.Wonderful posture.However I dislike the second position in the lift.....

vCash
    Any idea which is going to be V/T first competition?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Any idea which is going to be V/T first competition?
    I believe it's Worlds.

vCash
    No, it's likely not. Artur Werner said they were planning to compete at the Russia Cup in Perm which is in October, and they'll more than likely be at Russian Nationals as well.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    No, it's likely not. Artur Werner said they were planning to compete at the Russia Cup in Perm which is in October, and they'll more than likely be at Russian Nationals as well.

I completely forgot about Russion Nationals! In order to go to Worlds, they'd have to go to nationals.

And yay if they compete in October!

vCash
    So are they exempt from the qualifying score issue? I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere, but if so, it has escaped me.

I hope ISU did something logical for new pairs and dance teams, like setting the provisional PB as 85% of the average of each partner's previous PB with their old partner.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    There's no qualifying exemption for V/T, nor any formula for having skated with another partner in the past. Nor can they skate in an ISU minimum score qualifying competition for Russia until one year after her last skate for Ukraine (15 Feb 2010).

The original question was what would be their earliest competition, which cannot be Worlds, since they need a minimum score at a qualifying competition, but in any case is scheduled for Russia Cup, a non-ISU competition, in October. They have to do whatever they need to do to make the Russian team (presumably skate at Russian Nationals), but they also have to establish minimum scores at an ISU competition. There are a couple between 15 Feb 2011 and Worlds on the ISU list of competitions where a team can earn the minimum scores; they'd have to compete at one of those to be able to compete at Worlds.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    There's no qualifying exemption for V/T, nor any formula for having skated with another partner in the past. Nor can they skate in an ISU minimum score qualifying competition for Russia until one year after her last skate for Ukraine (15 Feb 2010).

The original question was what would be their earliest competition, which cannot be Worlds, since they need a minimum score at a qualifying competition, but in any case is scheduled for Russia Cup, a non-ISU competition, in October. They have to do whatever they need to do to make the Russian team (presumably skate at Russian Nationals), but they also have to establish minimum scores at an ISU competition. There are a couple between 15 Feb 2011 and Worlds on the ISU list of competitions where a team can earn the minimum scores; they'd have to compete at one of those to be able to compete at Worlds.
    What is the minimum score they have to have? I can't imaging they won't make that number but February is cutting it pretty close.

Is there a list of ISU competitions somewhere, other than Grand Prix?

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    I remember reading it somewhere, the minimum scores, and they are ridiculously low, and will be easily attained by a couple at this level. Something ludicrous like 20 points for the SP....
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Am I the only one who can't see the video? Tried a different browser and everything.

vCash
    I never saw any video on the original website and now the YouTube video has been removed.

OK just found another one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idIwU_4ohBg

Fantastic S-B-S spin!
    Last edited by Doubletoe; 08-26-2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: update and adding new video link

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast