Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loopey View Post
    Can you please explain what the new rule is?

Thx
    In order to skate at worlds, you have to meet a certain qualification score. Now that score surely won't be a problem for them, but they are out of international competition until the end of February because Tatiana competed for Ukraine last year. So the issue is them getting into another international competition before Worlds starts, so they can make the score. I'm sure though there will be more competitions available since a lot of teams will want another shot at making the score.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    In order to skate at worlds, you have to meet a certain qualification score. Now that score surely won't be a problem for them, but they are out of international competition until the end of February because Tatiana competed for Ukraine last year. So the issue is them getting into another international competition before Worlds starts, so they can make the score. I'm sure though there will be more competitions available since a lot of teams will want another shot at making the score.
    Thx.

So it only takes one international competition to make the qualifying score?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loopey View Post
    Thx.

So it only takes one international competition to make the qualifying score?
    If you make the score it takes only one. Someone can go to as many competitions as they want to make the score, I'm sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Are they having problems with throws or are there just no reports of their throws?
    just no reports

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    just no reports
    Aha. Well I do remember them saying in an interview a month or so back that she learned throws fast...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by easilydistracte View Post
    (Who was the female coach/official who kissed both of them at the end of the first video?)
    B/L's coach Valentina Tyukova.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    At this level most top pairs should be able to switch partners and do pretty well. Pang and Szolkowy, Savchenko and Smirnov, Zhang and Davison...ect, it's really a matter of getting good music, costumes, choreography, difficulty and synchronicity as a team but the rest is pretty much there at this level.
    Well, first of all, those connections you named sound WEIRD I mean, Pang and Szolkowy could be hilarious, taken that probably Robin is the one who lifts his leg higher and is more flexible in this combination

but anyways, of course we could have expected Tatiana and Maxim to be good together, but you know, two separate talents don't necessarily have to make a good team. It's definitely not the matter of choreo and music, it's about whether the two people match styles, personalities, you know, just about whether there is a good connection between them or not. And that I think we still need to see yet, but the sbs spins in that video can be a good prognosis

vCash
    grrrrr, the link worked but no video loaded. Seems I'm the only one with the problem. Tried it on chrome and IE and same deal...just the page loaded. No video. Any ideas?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    grrrrr, the link worked but no video loaded. Seems I'm the only one with the problem. Tried it on chrome and IE and same deal...just the page loaded. No video. Any ideas?
    Try this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52ba4...&feature=feedu

vCash
    Originally Posted by julieann
    At this level most top pairs should be able to switch partners and do pretty well. Pang and Szolkowy, Savchenko and Smirnov, Zhang and Davison...ect, it's really a matter of getting good music, costumes, choreography, difficulty and synchronicity as a team but the rest is pretty much there at this level.
    In principal what you say makes sense but I think there are some qualifications. I would think height and weight also factor into how good a team could be together.

vCash
    Darn, can't see the video at all...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fashionista View Post
    Thanks, Fashionista.

[I wonder if the Russian Fed is as excited about V/T as we all seem to be?]

vCash
    Love the sbs spins!!! Can't wait to see an entire program from them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    Thanks so much.

I was expecting them to be much closer in size. Seems he's bigger than I thought and she's smaller than I thought. I'm not in the "super stoked" phase yet but their body and leg lines look to be a good match. I hope the partnership works out for them...and I'm definitely expecting them to be my fave Russian pair.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I'm actully surprised by all the reactions, it's like some people didn't think they would be good together.
    I'm surprised by all the reactions because there's less than a minute of actual footage there- and just two elements. But what is shown in this video looks good, and I think that music will suit them nicely. I definitely look forward to seeing an actual program from them with all the major elements.
    Last edited by stjeaskategym; 08-22-2010 at 07:24 PM.

vCash
    I think we're just all starved for skating/news in the summer months!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fashionista View Post
    Do you mean Bazarova/Larionov? Did they switch coaches? I thought they were coached by Kalinina.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Oh, sorry. You're right. I just always mix these two wonderful women as soon as they are both from Perm.
    I mean it was V. Tyukova on the video but she's not B/L's coach))

vCash
    They look so good together. It will be a long road, but Sotchi is 3,5 years away. Let´s see what they can accomplish, I just love the pairing!

vCash
    Haha, thanks for the clarification!
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast