Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Black Swan

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Finally saw this On Demand and am glad that I didn't pay full price in the theater. How can anyone doubt that Natalie did a lot of her own dancing--it's obvious.

I didn't like the movie.
    See? See? See? I keep telling you that we have a lot in common despite your suspect politiks but do you believe me?

"Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I think the majority, probably a very vast majority, of people who saw this film know very little or nothing at all about the world of ballet. I am one of those people. To me she danced perfectly because I wouldn't know bad technique if it slapped me in the face. Maybe this film worked better for those who never danced.
    I used to dance. Did ballet for many years, love dance in general and ballet makes me cry. This was my favorite movie of 2010.

So yes, I was able to get over the (very obvious) non-professional dancing.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I also finally saw it when it came out on DVD. My two best adjectives were "silly" and "overwraught." I thought the art direction was superb and the direction was good. But I thought the whole premise was silly. I wasn't even that taken with Natalie's acting, and I love Natalie. I just thought she was sort of a one trick pony. All the pitiful victim faces. What killed me was the ludicrous tutu she wore at the end there, with all the fluffy white feathers covering her boobs, but no straps or flesh-colored fabric or anything to support the bodice. All I could think about was "what's going to happen when Seigfried lifts her and she leans back".....ping! Those puppies were coming out of that costume before the end of Act 2! (Or Act 1, Scene 2, depending on your individual production....)

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    See? See? See? I keep telling you that we have a lot in common despite your suspect politiks but do you believe me?

Of course we do. And someday I will win you over to the dark side of fiscal responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    I also finally saw it when it came out on DVD. My two best adjectives were "silly" and "overwraught." I thought the art direction was superb and the direction was good. But I thought the whole premise was silly. I wasn't even that taken with Natalie's acting, and I love Natalie. I just thought she was sort of a one trick pony. All the pitiful victim faces. What killed me was the ludicrous tutu she wore at the end there, with all the fluffy white feathers covering her boobs, but no straps or flesh-colored fabric or anything to support the bodice. All I could think about was "what's going to happen when Seigfried lifts her and she leans back".....ping! Those puppies were coming out of that costume before the end of Act 2! (Or Act 1, Scene 2, depending on your individual production....)
    I didn't notice the strapless bodice but agree with every word.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    And Natalie looked scary thin. Did they starve her half to death for this movie thinking any dancer had to be anerexic thin? Maybe it was to give her more of a scary, crazy look? I know Natalie is not normally that thin..
    And she had no boobs to pop out of that dress!

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    And she had no boobs to pop out of that dress!
    No, but the puppy-dog noses she does have would've looked silly peeking over the top of those feathers!

vCash
    The mental images I'm getting from this thread . . .
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    ...puppy-dog noses...
    Great visual image!
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617