Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Western US Mecca of Figure Skating
    Posts
    458
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Inoue, Baldwin withdraw from NHK Trophy

    "By icenetwork.com staff writers
    (08/20/2010) - Rena Inoue and John Baldwin have withdrawn from their sole ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series event -- the NHK Trophy.

    Inoue and Baldwin are the 2004 and 2006 U.S. pairs champions. Famously, Baldwin proposed to Inoue on the ice at the 2008 U.S. Figure Skating Championships.

    They are the first team to land a throw triple Axel in history, at the 2006 State Farm U.S. Championships. They are also the first team to land the throw triple Axel at the Olympic Winter Games (2006) and World Championships (2006).

    They missed making the 2010 U.S. Olympic team after a third-place at the 2010 AT&T U.S. Figure Skating Championships.
    "

    Question for those who may know: Who would be next to replace them?
    Happy Skating!

    Crzesk8dad

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,580
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42893
    Quote Originally Posted by crzesk8dad View Post
    Question for those who may know: Who would be next to replace them?
    See HisWeirness' post earlier today in the Grand Prix thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=448

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    USA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,274
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I thought they retired

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Western US Mecca of Figure Skating
    Posts
    458
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Fan View Post
    I thought they retired
    I guess they didn't.
    Happy Skating!

    Crzesk8dad

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,507
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I wonder why they withdrew?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    7,138
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0


    What a flattering picture.

  7. #7
    The wiener takes it all
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minor Planet Johnnyweir 12413
    Posts
    11,592
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1728
    Quote Originally Posted by crzesk8dad View Post
    Question for those who may know: Who would be next to replace them?
    It's not too certain, esp. since the JSF picks the replacement and not USFSA.

    Potential replacements with 1 GP so far are:
    Brodeur/Mattatall CAN
    Dong/Wu CHN (skate the next weekend in Canada)
    Castelli/Shnapir USA (skate the next weekend in Canada)
    Kemp/King GBR
    Yankowskas/Coughlin USA
    Novik/Kuznetsov RUS
    Martiusheva/Rogonov RUS (skate the next weekend in Canada)
    Moore-Towers/Moscovitch CAN
    Simpson/Miller USA
    Hole/Johnson CAN
    Sulej/Chruscinski POL
    Lawrence/Swiegers CAN (skate the next weekend in Canada)
    Zhang/Toth USA (do not have a GP yet)

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    7,156
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    44806
    I thought John and Caitlin were going to China and SA (?)

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,580
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42893
    AFAIK, Yankowskas/Coughlin's rumored 2nd assignment to Skate America has not been made official yet (i.e., it's not published on either the USFS or ISU site).

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,059
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I wonder if that means John and Rena are retiring

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,366
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I wonder if that means John and Rena are retiring
    please let it true, please let it be true, please let it be true....

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,273
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Can they keep receiving their Team Envelope funding if they withdraw from NHK just because they want to, but still compete at Nationals? Not quite sure how it works and at what point you relinquish your funding. Or maybe they are withdrawing from NHK for a specific reason and we don't know about it.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,580
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42893
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    Can they keep receiving their Team Envelope funding if they withdraw from NHK just because they want to, but still compete at Nationals?
    Yes, AFAIK.

    IF I/B retire or elect not to compete this season by not registering for the qualifying season by Sept. 1st, then I believe they would relinquish their Team B envelope funding.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    489
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    It's not too certain, esp. since the JSF picks the replacement and not USFSA.

    Potential replacements with 1 GP so far are:
    Brodeur/Mattatall CAN
    Dong/Wu CHN (skate the next weekend in Canada)
    Castelli/Shnapir USA (skate the next weekend in Canada)
    Kemp/King GBR
    Yankowskas/Coughlin USA
    Novik/Kuznetsov RUS
    Martiusheva/Rogonov RUS (skate the next weekend in Canada)
    Moore-Towers/Moscovitch CAN
    Simpson/Miller USA
    Hole/Johnson CAN
    Sulej/Chruscinski POL
    Lawrence/Swiegers CAN (skate the next weekend in Canada)
    Zhang/Toth USA (do not have a GP yet)
    Um, is there really a pair team named Hole and Johnson???? LOL they are my new favorites for their name alone! Sounds like a Jay Leno headlines bit where dirty wedding names are sent in :-)

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,549
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    975
    I/B have represented the US well over the years (his interviews aside), but if their withdrawal means more chances for Castelli/Shnapir, Zhang/Toth, and Donlan/Speroff, I'm all for it! Go new awesome teams!!!

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    City of Blinding Light
    Posts
    15,911
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    12302
    I was kind of happy to see them on the events list this year. I wanted to see how long they could go!
    Use Yah Blinkah!

  17. #17
    ...an acquired taste
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,448
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2161
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I wonder why they withdrew?
    Because Geritol pulled out as a sponsor...

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    You guys are mean .

    I&B gave solid performances last year at Nationals. An argument could be made that they should've gone to Vancouver instead of the 2nd place couple.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,059
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    You guys are mean .

    I&B gave solid performances last year at Nationals. An argument could be made that they should've gone to Vancouver instead of the 2nd place couple.
    Yes. I personally hope they stay this season.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,580
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42893
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I&B gave solid performances last year at Nationals.
    FS yes... SP not so much (and it proved costly).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •