View Poll Results: Who do you think will capture the gold medal in Ice Dance at Russian Nationals 2010?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jana Khokhlova & Fedor Andreev

13 8.23%
  • Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev

74 46.84%
  • Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov

62 39.24%
  • Ksenia Monko & Kirill Khaliavin

1 0.63%
  • Ekaterina Riazanova & Ilia Tkachenko

8 5.06%
  • Ekaterina Pushkash & Jonathan Guerreiro

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    . It's just facts.
    Darling, look at the date the poll was created.

Anyway, this is a growing year for I/K with very demanding programs. I am relieved that Zhulin did not push them immediately into the favorite position but seems to have a long-term plan in mind.
    If they progress further there is no doubt that they will take the pole position sooner or later though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Darling, look at the date the poll was created.
    oh, my bad
    so how come I didn't notice it earlier?

vCash
    My vote to B/S. they are the least attractive to me. But if they work hard and skate well, they deserve to win.

I want to have some faith to K/A, but I didn't see anything of them. In fact, it seems they won't be at RusNats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ituriel View Post
    In fact, it seems they won't be at RusNats
    Why do you think that? Did they make some announcement? I hope that's not true - I'm dying to see what they look like together.

vCash
    I have no reliable information

but they didn't participate in any phase of Cup of Russia (Mukhortova/Blanchard did) and their names aren't listed in Golden Spin.

It is not a good sign IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ituriel View Post
    I have no reliable information

but they didn't participate in any phase of Cup of Russia (Mukhortova/Blanchard did) and their names aren't listed in Golden Spin.

It is not a good sign IMO
    Actually K/A are going to compete at the Golden Spin as well as Mukhortova/Blanchard, I have no idea why they are not on the list yet, but I've heard they will be there.
    As for Russian Nationals, Yana is European champion after all, I'm sure RFSF will let them compete without qualifying.

Back to the topic: B/S I think. I like other couples more, but B/S are the best technically and already have reputation, made GPF... The second will be Riazanova/Tkachenko or I/K, I hope I/K, but I like R/T a lot too. I think these two teams are very promising

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    Actually K/A are going to compete at the Golden Spin as well as Mukhortova/Blanchard, I have no idea why they are not on the list yet, but I've heard they will be there.
    As for Russian Nationals, Yana is European champion after all, I'm sure RFSF will let them compete without qualifying.
    Great! Thanks for the info

vCash
    !

vCash
    delete
    Last edited by Crazy4G&G; 12-04-2010 at 03:50 AM. Reason: repetitive

vCash
    I´m totally with mia joy.
    Most of posts in this thread are from the beginning of the season, so I guess that after seeing the GP people might have a different opinion.
    I/K are good but and have the potential to be great, but at this point they have so much to improve on: especially on lifts. Their transitions are ok and they move very fast but Nikita always looks a bit out of control.
    I much prefer Riazanova and Tkachenko. Their programs are way better and their interpretation is one the bests out there.
    Bobrova and Soloviev already have PCS on their side and it will be impossible for R/T to beat them at Nationals, but I´d be so happy if Katya and Ilya won

vCash
    I love I/K and think they are fantastic but their programs this season aren't nearly as good as their ones from last season and so far that has hurt their scores in international competition. If they can perform really well at nationals though, I could see them winning gold there.

vCash
    I cant see any Russian team beating B/S this year. They are very real medal threats for Worlds this year, especialy if V/M dont end up competing (and they probably wont).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov are the best junior couple ever.
    ITA

vCash
    The results of the GPF must have the Rus Fed totally over who should be their No 1 team. B/S did themselves no favors with their numbers there, and just may have put themselves out of the running for the No 1 spot [IMO they definitely SHOULD have].

I/K may be looking a better bet now than they did immediately after CoR - esp if they can deliver 2 strong performances at Nats. OTOH R/T look like stronger contenders than they did at the start of the season - they made a strong finish in Paris. Although I dont like the FD at all, I think their SD is one of the best of the season.

vCash
    Actually B/S have an advantage because they qualified to the GPF and other teams did not. I'm pretty sure they will be #1 at least for this season, though if they will have troubles with twizzles at Nationals again it can go either way.
    I/K and R/T are young, it's I/K's first year in seniors and the second for R/T, maybe it will be good for them to go to Euros as Russian #2 and #3, cause it means less pressure.

vCash
    I/K and R/T are young, it's I/K's first year in seniors and the second for R/T, maybe it will be good for them to go to Euros as Russian #2 and #3, cause it means less pressure.
    Yeah, but it will also mean they will get marked down by the judges because they are the 2nd and 3rd team - whether they deserve it or not - which sucks

And both R/T and I/K ended their GP events on an upswing. R/T with a silver medal and very high marks in the SD, I/K with a really strong performance in the FD. Although B/S made the GPF, their marks there were on the same level as the 3rd Canadian team and H/Z. That's not the group they want to be challenging as Russian No 1.

It's all going to make Russian Nationals very interesting.

vCash
    LaKhokh and Andreev are ahead of R/T in the voting? Will the Russian judges be awarding PCS scores in the "hotties" category?

vCash
    Golden Spin results
    Pl. Name Nation Points SD FD
    1 Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA / Matej NOVAK CZE 131.00 2 1
    2 Kristina GORSHKOVA / Vitaliy BUTIKOV RUS 130.05 1 2

Clearly not Gorshkova & Butikov, if they can lose to the Czechs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Yeah, but it will also mean they will get marked down by the judges because they are the 2nd and 3rd team - whether they deserve it or not - which sucks
    This happens to every team at their Euros/Worlds debut. It doesn't mean they are doomed to stay in this order for the rest of their careers. For example, Davis/White going into their first Worlds as the No. 2 US team didn't keep them from moving into No. 1 when they improved. And it didn't keep them from beating more senior teams at their first Worlds either.

What R/T and I/K should do is take a lesson from D/W's playbook and always be prepared to take advantage when more senior teams are injured, unprepared, or stagnating. This means starting the season well-trained and with their programs well-developed. Of course, this isn't possible if they're injured, or if Tarasova orders them to change their FD in, like, September and they're obliged to kiss her ring.

And both R/T and I/K ended their GP events on an upswing. R/T with a silver medal and very high marks in the SD, I/K with a really strong performance in the FD. Although B/S made the GPF, their marks there were on the same level as the 3rd Canadian team and H/Z. That's not the group they want to be challenging as Russian No 1.
    If B/S are considered weakened because they barely beat W/P and H/Z at the GPF, you have to consider that R/T were beaten by W/P at Skate America and I/K were beaten by both in their GPs. Neither R/T nor I/K beat anyone established in their GPs, while B/S beat the reigning World bronze medalists once and were leading them when F/S pulled out of CoR. There's no way of knowing that either team would have fared better than B/S if they had gone to the GPF. Logically, B/S still come out ahead.
    Last edited by laviemn; 12-17-2010 at 08:20 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laviemn View Post
    This happens to every team at their Euros/Worlds debut. It doesn't mean they are doomed to stay in this order for the rest of their careers. For example, Davis/White going into their first Worlds as the No. 2 US team didn't keep them from moving into No. 1 when they improved. And it didn't keep them from beating more senior teams at their first Worlds either.
    I think they did suffer from being the no. 2 team - esp evident at 2009 Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by laviemn View Post
    If B/S are considered weakened because they barely beat W/P and H/Z at the GPF, you have to consider that R/T were beaten by W/P at Skate America and I/K were beaten by both in their GPs. Neither R/T nor I/K beat anyone established in their GPs, while B/S beat the reigning World bronze medalists once and were leading them when F/S pulled out of CoR. There's no way of knowing that either team would have fared better than B/S if they had gone to the GPF. Logically, B/S still come out ahead.
    I disagree. B/S got their best scores on home ice in a competition where half the field pulled out. The GPF was the place to show those scores were not a fluke. But the finished some 18 points below their CoR scores.

R/T won their silver medal on neutral ice and were almost 10 points higher than at SA - showing they're improving throughout the season - as they should be.

I/K had a bad SD, but pulled themselves together in the FD and were about 7 points higher than at NHK - with better lifts and improvements in their program.

Both these teams are getting better. I'm not sure what B/S are doing. But I guess we'll see soon enough - isnt Rus Nat this weekend?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast