View Poll Results: Who do you think will capture the gold medal in Ice Dance at Russian Nationals 2010?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jana Khokhlova & Fedor Andreev

13 8.23%
  • Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev

74 46.84%
  • Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov

62 39.24%
  • Ksenia Monko & Kirill Khaliavin

1 0.63%
  • Ekaterina Riazanova & Ilia Tkachenko

8 5.06%
  • Ekaterina Pushkash & Jonathan Guerreiro

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Who do you think will capture the gold medal in Ice Dance at Russian Nationals 2010?

I know it's a bit early, but I've been wondering: with Oksana & Maxim and Ekaterina & Ivan gone and Jana with another partner, who do you think will take home the gold medal in Ice Dance at Russian Nationals 2010?

vCash
    I just have one question: Once it's been captured, will it ever get released?

vCash
    I voted for I/K! M/K have a lot of potential. Everyone eyes will be on Khokhlova and Andreev of course. Would that inflate their scores? Then there is the "old" team of Bobrova and Soloviev. LOL! World Junior champs in 2007! ANCIENT!!

vCash
    ZYGOTES!
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    I just have one question: Once it's been captured, will it ever get released?
    Never!

I also voted for Elena & Nikita. I think they have a good shot at winning. But I would also love to see Ekaterina & Dmitri win! I love them!

vCash
    Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov are the best junior couple ever. If Russia doesn't politik for them immediately (which includes giving them a deserved national title) they are dimwits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov are the best junior couple ever. If Russia doesn't politik for them immediately (which includes giving them a deserved national title) they are dimwits.
    I agree with the first part. Not sure about the second. I am worried that the huge success and expectations might tense them up. That would be horrible as I think as well that they are the best ice-team ever at that age.

I could see them going with Bobrova/Soloviev to give I/K a chance to get accoustemed to the Senior scene.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post

I could see them going with Bobrova/Soloviev to give I/K a chance to get accoustemed to the Senior scene.
    I think it will be B/S too.I/K in good time they are so young.

vCash
    I think you mixed up two champions and two golds here. Senior and junior. It seems to me shot dance is different so M/K and P/G won't take part in Russian Nationals 2011!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parasolka View Post
    I think you mixed up two champions and two golds here. Senior and junior. It seems to me shot dance is different so M/K and P/G won't take part in Russian Nationals 2011!
    No, I didn't. I included some junior teams in this poll because I think they'll be eligible for senior nationals. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

vCash
    I definitely think I&K but I am impartial to B&S...
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    No, I didn't. I included some junior teams in this poll because I think they'll be eligible for senior nationals. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

They'd be eligible, but I think the point parasolka brought up is a valid one. With the new short dance format, is it feasible for teams to compete both junior and senior in the same season? In the past, the OD was exactly the same for junior/senior. Teams would just need a slight modification to the free dance and of course practice a few patterns of the applicable CD. Now, the short dance is completely different for junior/senior, so that means a brand new program just for nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    I agree with the first part. Not sure about the second. I am worried that the huge success and expectations might tense them up. That would be horrible as I think as well that they are the best ice-team ever at that age.

Makes sense. I am a fan of the Bobs too, she's pretty
    I genuinely can't see I/K being affected by pressure. On the contrary, they are so young and full of ambition - I'd say they would rise to the pressure that comes with being national champions. They have Olympic Champions 2014 written all over their Ruskie Faces.

vCash
    The winners of Russian nationals 2010 are DomShabs. It 2011 RN you are talking here about.

Tammi put it right here - short dance difference won't let junior teams to take part in senior competition (by the way before it was CD that was different).

And moreover to be age eligible doesn't mean much for RN. Liza has already silver and bronze but is only 13 y.o.

vCash
    The senior SD has a section of the Golden Waltz in it. B&S have done it, and done a good one, this season. Plus their elegant look on the ice goes very well with waltz. I&K, since they were juriors this year, and haven't been back together all that long, almost surely have some work to do there with the GW section. I would not be surprised at all to see B&S win the SD. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see them win it by enough to win the gold medal, but I&K to win the FD.

Speaking of P&G, things have been very quiet. Any recent news? Does anyone know what programs they have this year?

vCash
    Ilynikh and Katsalapov will be Russian numebr 1 team in years to come but I can't see them placing ahead of Bobrova and Soloviev this year yet at least internationally. Not sure about what Russian judges think
    It's too early to say though. We havent even seen their programs yet

vCash
    I much prefer I/K to B/S. But I think K/A will probably win!
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

Banned Member
    vCash
    B/S will be guests of sportbox.ru this Friday. You can leave your question for them here (registration is required):
    http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/...riyu-Solovievu

vCash
    I've discovered Razianova&Tkatchenko at 2010 TEB. They are fabulous. Very good skills.
    It might be close with Bobrova&Soloviev and I&Katsalopov.

vCash
    Wow, you people seem about as much deviated about I/K as everyone has been about V/M lately only V/M really are as great (technically at least) as everyone thinks.

Personally, I don't see I/K winning with B/S yet. Just look at both teams' GP scores - B/S's highest 154.33, I/K's highest 135.05. Both teams took part in CoR, with B/S first and I/K third (and they were 3rd just because F/S withdrew, while B/S might have beaten the Italians anyway).

I really don't see why everyone is so crazy about them. They haven't won me over yet for sure. Much prefer the Shibs (who, by the way, also won with I/K this season).

You guys need to give this team more time to grow. No way they're gonna win the Nationals this year, or medal at Europeans for that matter.
    and it's not that I'm a fan of B/S. It's just facts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast