Tranquillo
    vCash

Sportswriter Mike Celizic writes about his battle with cancer

Sportswriter Mike Celizic, who has written a number of stories about skating, wrote a very touching column today about his losing fight with cancer. Very touching, and some of his earlier columns about the diagnosis are definitely worth reading.

I’m dying.

The lymphoma we’d thought we’d beaten into remission back in May came roaring back last month. We threw some really nasty chemo at it. The cancer ate it up and came back for more.

And so I’m going to die, and not in four or five months. I’ve got probably a couple of halfway decent weeks left. Then the lymphoma will take over my bloodstream and kill me.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Aww, that is so sad that he's dying. I've always enjoyed his columns. He writes about it all so eloquently.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash

Words fail me, except for this...

We've got to drop kick this damned disease into some place where it ceases to exist forever and ever!!

I hope and pray he and his Family have the support they need for the next few weeks.

vCash
    Thanks for posting the link. What a touching column - I admire his strength in saying enough with the chemo, and deciding to enjoy the time he has left. And I also at the part about his buddy bringing burgers and Corona into the hospital for him.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Thanks for posting that link -- what a wonderful, terrible story. Mike Celizic is a great writer -- and god bless his friend for bringing him the contraband burger and beer for his birthday.

vCash
    Yes, this thread is back on top of the page for the reason you're fearing ...

RIP, Mike Celizic

vCash
    Yes, I knew why this thread reappeared at the top today. RIP, Mike Celizic.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash

Condolences and prayers to his family and friends.