Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash

Miss Universe 2010

The 2010 Miss Universe Pageant airs Monday, August 23rd on NBC at 9pm ET.

List of contestants where you can rate them

Daylife slideshow

vBet thread

Let the snarking and catty remarks begin!
    Last edited by UMBS Go Blue; 08-19-2010 at 03:09 AM.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Really beautiful crop this year or an extremely good photographer. USA doesn't have a chance unless she is brilliant and has an amazing personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Now I have to see this. When does it air?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Yay I love Miss Universe mainly because it doesn't take itself too seriously as a 'pageant' anymore. It's more of a modeling contest now because beauty queens are so irrelevant as a 'role model' and they know it.

It airs Aug 23rd 9pm EST.

and I find it funny that Johnny Weir judged at Miss USA and now Evan at Miss Universe.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Cue more catfighting now that Evan gets to judge the entire universe and Johnny only got the US

What's this SKANDAL business about some of the contestants posing for photos only clad in body paint because nudity is more accepted in their cultures, or some such? I heard something about this on the radio but couldn't find anything online.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Yeah, I heard about the supposed outrage over the body paint pictures. They didn't seem any more revealing than the swimsuit competition so what's the big deal?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Miss India has the best hair. I wish my curls would look like that! Love Miss France's gown.

Are there no "national costumes" this year? Those always have the most potential for snark

vCash
    What's up with Miss Philippines' rating being far and above the rest of the field?!?!?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    There are national costumes posted now on the slideshow link: http://www.daylife.com/photo/03Ry6bJ...=miss+universe

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by venja View Post
    What's up with Miss Philippines' rating being far and above the rest of the field?!?!?
    A lot of the rabid pageant fan bases are from the Philippines/Puerto Rico. Those two used to win Miss Photogenic ALL THE TIME because it's voted by the internet, so much that I think they canceled the award.

4 More Years
    vCash
    T-Lo are snarking on the national costumes

Part 1

Part 2

vCash
    WTF? I have never met a white girl from the DR, and I lived there for nine months... well, in Hamilton Heights, NY. Why are the girls in Miss Universe who represent the DR always white?

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    They're all beautiful-all 5 of them. I swear, it looks like the same 5 girls shot over and over-and in similar poses, hair, etc. They all look like their "stage names" should be either "Sultrie" or "Vixen."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    WTF? I have never met a white girl from the DR, and I lived there for nine months... well, in Hamilton Heights, NY. Why are the girls in Miss Universe who represent the DR always white?
    C'mon Jayar. Don't you watch univision and spanish tv? We're all white in Latin America
    Smoke a ciggy and have some fun!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    There are national costumes posted now on the slideshow link: http://www.daylife.com/photo/03Ry6bJ...=miss+universe
    I think I still can remember a time when nationals costumes were boring real national/folk costumes (that usually created some drama here about if the Spanish representative should wear her regional attire or the most Spanish stereotypical aka Andalucia one), or maybe I´ve dreamed it

(I confess I find Albania national costume is pure awesomeness in all senses USA...Wow, is the new Wonder Woman Movie costume? Great Britain shows great sense of humour Spanish dress is boring )
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

vCash
    From all the pictures I've seen, Honduras has the most beautifully interesting contestant.
    Kenia Martinez (her name) is also 26, so the chances of her to shine as a smart one are good too, therefore I won't be surprised if she takes the title this year.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I completely believe that Miss Nigeria just goes out grocery shopping dressed like that.

(And that Khazakstan was a dumping ground for nuclear waste in Soviet Days because only severe genetic mutation would explain thinking that headdress was a good idea.)

ETA: And no joke, guys. First rule of ground warfare in Euorpe is OMFG DO NOT START ANYTHING WITH SWITZERLAND. What the tulle has to do with it, though, is anyone's guess.

Son of ETA: Uh, Zambia? Just no.

Return of the son of ETA: Is it scary that I am SURE that out there, someone finds Miss Great Britain's national costume a turn-on?

ETA: The Beginning: Actually, I give massive props to Ukraine. That outfit is WEIRD (I agree, Miss India and Miss Norway, go stand in a corner, gorgeous and tasteful means you misesed the memo) but it makes COMPLETE SENSE. At least half my genetic/cultural heritage can be proud. (The other half is torn between wondering how a brunette got chosen #1 anything in Poland and being deeply ashamed of my race's fashion sense.)
    Last edited by danceronice; 08-19-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsparky View Post
    Spanish dress is boring
    My first thought when I saw Spain was "Why is she wearing an American flag?"
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I like Miss Colombia & Miss Russia the best.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post

ETA: And no joke, guys. First rule of ground warfare in Euorpe is OMFG DO NOT START ANYTHING WITH SWITZERLAND. What the tulle has to do with it, though, is anyone's guess.
    I think Italy is trying to start something with Switzerland. Both ladies brought swords. There's something to be said for the idea of deciding the Miss Universe contest with swordfights.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast