Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    What happened in the previous fire? I never heard about that.

vCash
    Such sad news!~ I'm just thankful Kurt and his family are okay!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Wow, that sucks... thank God everyone is safe though.

having a nice day
    vCash

vCash
    Last night on twitter I saw Joannie R. and then Kurt allude to some bad thing that had happened to him, then I found a news report about a fire. But hadn't heard the cause 'til now.

Chalk that up as one expensive mistake. Glad everyone (including pets) is OK.

vCash
    http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/arti...af-blower?bn=1

apparently Kurt started the fire (by accident). Ooops Kurt. Stick to skating buddy. Glad no one was hurt.

vCash
    omg. Dude lives (lived) a mile from me and around the corner from one of my best friends!! I could have been stalking him all this time...

This sucks though. I'm sure Kurt feels horrible especially if it was his carelessness. Losing all your personal stuff would clearly be devastating. I can't see how this house can be saved. If it's structurally not sound beyond the roof they'll have to just flatten it and start all over.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Can we knock off the "Kurt started it" postings? We all know it, but it's also not like he started it on purpose either. We *all* do really stupid things all of the time, but we're lucky nothing horrible happened.

Kurt wasn't so fortunate yesterday.

Show a bit of compassion people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Can we knock off the "Kurt started it" postings? We all know it, but it's also not like he started it on purpose either. We *all* do really stupid things all of the time, but we're lucky nothing horrible happened.
    Why shouldn't people discuss how the fire started? Yes, it was an accident, but it was an accident that could have killed people and which did cause significant property damage. These kinds of accidents need to be reduced and one way to do that is to improve people's awareness of how fires like this can be so easily started. Discussing the cause of this highly publicized fire is certainly one way to raise that awareness.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Can we knock off the "Kurt started it" postings? ...Show a bit of compassion people.
    I think everyone has been compassionate and empathetic about how devastating such a loss can be and relieved that everyone is fine. And yes, as someone else said, he must feel awful about it. What's wrong with that? Just like the rest of us, he's not perfect.
    Last edited by Willowway; 08-19-2010 at 08:18 PM.

vCash

Kurt wasn't so fortunate yesterday.

Show a bit of compassion people.
    LOL...lordy . Relax and take a chill pill. It was an accident and everyone said so...it's just the 'man' who tried to dry his porsche seats and LEFT THE LEAF BLOWER GOING ...has now been identified as Kurt.

No one is blaming Kurt. It was a mistake/accident. What was said at first was a "man". So it made it look like someone ELSE did it and Kurt was a victim. He is a victim but not by someone elses hand see?

vCash
    Yeah, seriously.

We can try to figure out a way to show more compassion if some others can show a little less hyper-sensitivity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    omg. Dude lives (lived) a mile from me and around the corner from one of my best friends!! I could have been stalking him all this time...
    Geez, if I had only known, I could have given you the address, Rock2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    Yeah, seriously.

We can try to figure out a way to show more compassion if some others can show a little less hyper-sensitivity.
    Take a hard look in the Mirror then.

There is a place and a time for everything. The man lost his home and who knows how many things and people are making cracks about it!?!

It is not the place, nor the time, to be making cracks about stalking him or rubbing it in because of a stupid mistake that Kurt's going to be kicking himself over from now to the end of time.

Two words...Grow up!!

vCash
    Please...we all feel terrible that this happened to him and his family. No one is seriously talking about stalking him - the comment when read in context is just a comment about proximity and yes, a little light-hearted. But thank goodness, there's no one to go into mourning for - not as much as a pet fish so I don't know that levity is completely out of place - no one was joking about his loss just how close he always was unbeknownst to them.

I know you're hurting for him but this is hardly a group who's giving him a really hard time about what happened.
    Last edited by Willowway; 08-19-2010 at 09:13 PM.

vCash
    There is a place and a time for everything. The man lost his home and who knows how many things and people are making cracks about it!?!

It is not the place, nor the time, to be making cracks about stalking him or rubbing it in because of a stupid mistake that Kurt's going to be kicking himself over from now to the end of time.
    I guess you'll be writing a letter of protest to the Toronto Star then:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/arti...rowning-method

vCash
    I stand by what I said. Take it however you all want to, as I've already seen.

CTV Toronto just did a tease for the 6pm News w/the information that the nearest fire station was closed for renovations. More to come obviously, but what a difference that could have made if it had been open.

edited to add...Did Kurt do something stunningly stupid and start this? Yes. Is this his fault? Looking like it. Should we talk about the facts and only the facts? Of course and I never, ever said we shouldn't.

However, some of the joking posts that have popped up over the last few hours on here are disgusting. Said it once and I'll say it again...Some of you need to GROW UP!!

vCash
    Wow.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    This thread =

That being said, I feel terrible for Kurt and his family. It would be awful to lose everything.
    Last edited by Habs; 08-19-2010 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Habs can't type

vCash
    I am so very sorry for them. My folks had a home burn, and I don't envy anyone who has to deal with the aftermath. (Including the "helpful" insurance companies who say that just painting charred timbers with Kilz is all that needs to be done.) The damage done by the water is often more than the damage by the fire portion.

Stuff can be replaced. Hopefully family and friends will be able to supply copies of pictures that are important to the family.

I'm really glad that nobody was injured. (And in terms of unfortunate ways to start a fire: the insurance adjuster who was renting my folks' house cleaned something in the garage with gasoline, and then lit up the engine on the boat that was stored in the garage. An insurance adjuster. A lucky one, because he was able to run out.)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast