Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Well, since all the facts appear to be known you don't have to read the thread any more and won't get offended.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

having a nice day
    vCash
    You know, I thought about this all last night, asking myself HOW on EARTH could ANYONE DO such a STUPID thang?!?!?!?! You own a PORSCHE! You take it TO THE DEALER for THEM to deal with, for Pete's sake, heLLLLLoooo!

Then I remembered a few "seemed like a good idea at the time" things I had done in my life and

Oh yeah

Some brain farts are just more spectacular than others, eys indeedy-do. And this was one of them.

vCash
    If the house is beyond repair, I kind of think they shouldn't rebuild but buy somewhere else simply because now everyone knows where he lives/lived. I was kind of surprised they published his exact address, and also surprised his house is just on a relatively public street (and not behind gates or something). Yes I know it's a high-price area, but it still looks like a regular kind of street to me, where you could walk right up to his front door if you wanted. Maybe they just wanted a "normal" life, but now with everyone knowing his address I think he'd be better off relocating.

vCash
    Have I missed something? Have some posts been deleted? I see no one joking.

ETA: Re: DL's link - I forget that more expensive cars than mine have heat seaters. But is it even safe to leave those on for a long time.

I guess he was thinking of the leaf blower in the same way some of us have used little hair dryers to dry off an item of clothing, for instance.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    What happened in the previous fire? I never heard about that.
    Me neither.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Every time I see this thread, this song pops into my head. AragornElessar, don't click on the link.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    AragornElessar, I'm with you!

vCash
    That's what I was thinking - glad everyone is alright but so much lost skating and dancing memorabilia, family photos, art, and all those things that mean so much that they can never get back...

vCash
    On top of dealing with the extensive personal/financial losses and the emotional upheaval, I bet Kurt is finding it hard not to beat himself up.

And Sonia might be more than a little pissed at him. If I had made a mistake that had caused the house to burn down, Mr. Japanfan would be furious with me. And vise versa.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    On top of dealing with the extensive personal/financial losses and the emotional upheaval, I bet Kurt is finding it hard not to beat himself up.

And Sonia might be more than a little pissed at him. If I had made a mistake that had caused the house to burn down, Mr. Japanfan would be furious with me. And vise versa.
    I don't know about Canadian insurance, but in the US, he might have a very expensive pile of ashes because they wouldn't pay the claim. So, I'd say she'd be pissed.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I don't know about Canadian insurance, but in the US, he might have a very expensive pile of ashes because they wouldn't pay the claim. So, I'd say she'd be pissed.
    Why wouldn't they pay the claim? No source has suggested that he was trying to burn the house down, and it is pretty ludicrous that anyone would think he would particularly with a child inside. Foolishness isn't one of the exclusions on any policy I've ever read. (And the insurance policy on my folks' house absolutely did pay off after the tenant did something wildly stupid involving gasoline.)

vCash
    I can't see why his insurance wouldn't cover this claim. The fire was accidental.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    It depends on the policy. This could be considered neglect. Some policies won't cover that. Coverage is widely variable among insurance. Just sayin. I'm not implying this was deliberate but an insurance investigator for a potentiallly large claim could go that way. Since I have no idea what his insurance coverge is, I certainly don't know how an investigator will rule. But, it does happen. And they will investigate.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    However, some of the joking posts that have popped up over the last few hours on here are disgusting. Said it once and I'll say it again...Some of you need to GROW UP!!
    My inner child says that you need to chill out a little.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    some of the joking posts that have popped up over the last few hours on here are disgusting
    I remain confused about what was said here that was so disgusting. Where? I don't get it. If the poster means that people have noted Kurt's error, well yes that can be noted. We all do bone-headed things now and again - this one is certainly as big and as public as they get so people are bound to comment. But all the people and animals involved are fine. And while it is sad to lose so many things, they are things. The Browning family will be fine; they will rebuild.
    Last edited by Willowway; 08-20-2010 at 02:01 AM.

vCash
    Well I had a friend who burned down his house doing something that makes this look like a "smart move" and the insurnce paid. Luckily most US insurance does have a "bone head move of the week clause".......

vCash
    A little bit of good news:
    http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/arti...ld-medals-safe
    Kurt Browning may have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of property in a house fire, but some of the world-famous skater’s most valuable possessions were spared.

“The golds are okay,” Browning confirmed Thursday, referring to the four medals he won at the world figure skating championships and four at the Canadian championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    The claim will be paid because it was accidental.

I think most of us have done stupid things in our lives. Obviously a lot of them don't result in a fire destroying our home but it was a obviously an accident. The insurance will be paid but his premiums will go up. However, he obviously can afford a house in that neighbourhood so he's a very rich man that can afford it.

vCash
    Skate Canada press release:
    http://www.skatebuzz.com/ViewNewsArt...3-98bd4db741e0

Kurt and Sonia appreciate all of the best wishes that have been received from so many friends and fans. “We are really very fortunate that we are all safe after today’s fire at our home. Thanks to everyone for your tremendous support. The texts, phone calls and care from so many people really means a lot to all of us.”

living every minute
    vCash
    Kurt has been on a radio commercial for a couple of years, talking about what good neighbours he has and mentions "when we had a fire at our house" people came out on the street with hot chocolate and cookies and jsut to give sympathy. So taht's what I know about the first fire.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast