Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The exclusive interview with Plueshenko

This is an article in “Chukkyo Figure” in the straight news site in Chukyo TV in Nagoya City in Aichi prefecture in Japan.
    Translation into English.
    “The exclusive interview with Plueshenko” which was broadcasted in August 18th, 2010 JST.
    August 18th, 2010 JST

By Emi Honda newscaster

Evgeni Plushenko who participated to "The Ice" for the first time very excited the audience by the dynamic jumps and his unique steps.

The exclusive interview with Plushenko!

At first, as for the program which he showed in “The Ice” in this time…

Plushenko: I perform with the French music, "Je Suis Marade". Because it is very passionate music, I can skate with all my feelings.

By this program, he performs a lovesick man.
    Expressing the situation of the intensely wavering feelings, he fascinated Japanese fan.
    For participating to the ice show in this time, he is staying in Japan in a long term. Then, he seems to have had an unexpected experience.

Plushenko: While staying in Japan, I went to Okinawa and swam in the sea.
    Snorkeling in the sea with my wife, I saw a sea snake! In the moment to have seen the sea snake, I forgot myself in the fear.
    I think that my swimming at that time must have been near to one of the world champion of the swimming.

As is expected, he is Plushenko!
    By the effect of the sea snake, he seems to be the world champion not only in the figure skating but also in the swimming!?

Plushenko has reigned over in the top in the skating world for many years.
    He won a medal at all of the Olympics which he participated 3 times with Salt Lake City, Turin and Vancouver.
    I attempted to ask him as for his future competition life.

Plushenko: Of course, my present target is to participate to Sochi Olympics which is hosted in my home country Russia in 2014.
    Then, after 5 years or 6years, I would like to challenge the quadruple-quadruple combination jump.
    At present, I am training the triple Axel-quadruple combination jump.

Lastly, what is the figure skating for you?

Plushenko: For me, it is all. It is just my life itself. I like figure skating very much. Of course, I like a show, too, but I like the skating as the competition, too, very much. For me, the figure skating is my life and is my work also, namely, it is my all.

The video:
    “The exclusive interview with Plueshenko” which was broadcasted in August 18th, 2010 JST.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQVcsYR47Q4

The article:
    http://www.ctv.co.jp/straight/1008181155/figure.html
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 08-18-2010 at 11:23 PM.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'll bet he could have lapped Phelps after seeing the sea snake. I probably could have also.

Go for gold at Sochi Plushy! Knock yourself out. I'll be PML if he even thinks about it due to all the drama about how could he do such a horrible thing.

Thanks for the translation.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    LOL the cartoon with the sea snake in the video was priceless
    how long is he there, since June?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    OMG, sea snake? Some of them are poisonous, right?

I thought Plush lost eligibility, so what's this talk about Sochi and 4/4 combos?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    That animation was LOL. He said 5 or 6 years ago he was trying quad/quad combos. So I guess that's in the past. But he still tries triple axel quad combos. He is just really promoting the Japan Open Competition. He said figure skating is my life like 3 times!

vCash
    Don't worry!
    Because Putin will never approve the Sochi Olympics which Plushenko can not participate to!
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 08-19-2010 at 06:55 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Andrea View Post
    Don't worry!
    Because Putin would never approve the Sochi Olympics which Plushenko can not participate to!
    Why drag Mr. Putin into this skating forum? I don't understand.

Anyway, thank you for your post.

"Then, after 5 years or 6years, I would like to challenge the quadruple-quadruple combination jump.
    At present, I am training the triple Axel-quadruple combination jump."

I didn't get these lines. It seems impossible for Evgeni to attempt the triple Axel-quad combo in his training sessions at this stage, considering his poor knees. To be frank, what's the point of continuing skating competitively at the cost of his own health? Such action/idea is simply crazy and unrealistic!
    Last edited by angietang; 08-19-2010 at 07:40 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    OMG, sea snake? Some of them are poisonous, right?
    As for the sea snake in Okinawa

It seems to be “Black-banded sea krait” which is known as “Erabu Sea Snake” in Okinawa.
    Quate from wikipedia
    Generally found in Fiji, Southern Japan and Singapore their venom is ten times stronger than that of a cobra, making them extremely dangerous. But lucky for us they are very friendly creatures, they usually don't bite humans unless they feel threatened.

Reference:
    “Black-banded sea krait” in Wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-banded_sea_krait
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 08-19-2010 at 06:53 AM.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash

It seems to be “Black-banded sea krait” which is known in Okinawa as “Erabu Sea Snake”
    Quate from wikipedia
    Generally found in Fiji, Southern Japan and Singapore their venom is ten times stronger than that of a cobra, making them extremely dangerous. But lucky for us they are very friendly creatures, they usually don't bite humans unless they feel threatened.

Reference:
    Thank you for the information, sounds scary.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Banned Member
    vCash
    I am bored to watch girlish champions in men's competitions.

Plush, go!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVM8NB27WI

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    LOL the cartoon with the sea snake in the video was priceless
    That was very cute.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash

Reference:
    thank you for the explication! nice that they're friendly!

vCash
    The part of the rest of the video.
    03:06
    The main caster: We look forward to the Sochi Olympics 4 years from now, don't we?
    03:12
    Honda: Yes, we may be able to watch the quadruple-quadruple combination, mayn't we?
    03:16
    Honda: Then, Plushenko who has stayed for long term in Japan in this time seems to have gotten the present as much as about 250 kg from the fan.
    03:24
    The main caster: It is terrific quantity, isn't it?
    03:25
    Honda: Yes, it seems that the stuffed bears were many and he sent all of them to Russia. .
    03:31
    The main caster: Did he send all of 250kg to Russia? Terrific! But, as his fan, it will be glad, won't it?

The main caster: This was the corner of “Chukkyo Figure”.

The video:
    The exclusive interview with Plushenko

vCash
    This is an article in “Chukkyo Figure” in the straight news site in Chukyo TV in Nagoya City in Aichi prefecture in Japan.
    Translation into English.
    August 18th, 2010 JST

By Emi Honda newscaster

Evgeni Plushenko who participated to "The Ice" for the first time very excited the audience by the dynamic jumps and his unique steps.

The exclusive interview with Plushenko!

At first, as for the program which he showed in “The Ice” in this time…

Plushenko: I perform with the French music, "Je Suis Marade". Because it is very passionate music, I can skate with all my feelings.

By this program, he performs a lovesick man.
    Expressing the situation of the intensely wavering feelings, he fascinated Japanese fan.
    For participating to the ice show in this time, he is staying in Japan in a long term. Then, he seems to have had an unexpected experience.

Plushenko: While staying in Japan, I went to Okinawa and swam in the sea.
    Snorkeling in the sea with my wife, I saw a sea snake! In the moment to have seen the sea snake, I forgot myself in the fear.
    I think that my swimming at that time must have been near to one of the world champion of the swimming.

As is expected, he is Plushenko!
    By the effect of the sea snake, he seems to be the world champion not only in the figure skating but also in the swimming!?

Plushenko has reigned over in the top in the skating world for many years.
    He won a medal at all of the Olympics which he participated 3 times with Salt Lake City, Turin and Vancouver.
    I attempted to ask him as for his future competition life.

Plushenko: Of course, my present target is to participate to Sochi Olympics which is hosted in my home country Russia in 2014.
    Then, after 5 years or 6years, I would like to challenge the quadruple-quadruple combination jump.
    At present, I am training the triple Axel-quadruple combination jump.

Lastly, what is the figure skating for you?

Plushenko: For me, it is all. It is just my life itself. I like figure skating very much. Of course, I like a show, too, but I like the skating as the competition, too, very much. For me, the figure skating is my life and is my work also, namely, it is my all.

The video:

The article:

wow! he's looking as fit as a fiddle! a beauty of a 3 axel/ 3 toe, eh?? i'd say he's right on track to fullfill his dream of competing in his home country.... and i think he's going to try more combo jumps... that 3/3/2/2 was very good...nice flow. maybe he'll try to adapt more readily to what he needs to do under the new system.... and he's usually competed very well in russia. some of his greatest performances were in russia. stayed tuned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    That animation was LOL. He said 5 or 6 years ago he was trying quad/quad combos. So I guess that's in the past. But he still tries triple axel quad combos. He is just really promoting the Japan Open Competition. He said figure skating is my life like 3 times!

No, he said figure skating is his life 4 times! LOL! And I've no doubt it is! The guy's the most competitive person i've ever known.... I truly think that he'll try his hardest to compete at his fourth Olympics.... and the only thing that'll stop him is his body.... But if Hongbo can compete and win gold at 37? then why not Plushenko at 31? Yes, Plush is doing the quads and combos... but he's not lifting a 100 lbs+ person all the time straining his back and shoulders...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gracefulswan View Post
    But if Hongbo can compete and win gold at 37? then why not Plushenko at 31? Yes, Plush is doing the quads and combos... but he's not lifting a 100 lbs+ person all the time straining his back and shoulders...
    It is unwise to compare a singles skater to a pairs skater, I think. Doing Quads and hard Combinations on a daily basis is really doing immeasurable harm to his fragile knees. Anyway, it is his own choice in which I have no say whatsoever.

vCash
    Plushy skated Tribute to Nijinski yesterday in Japan and there is no single video allowed

vCash
    The part of the rest of the said article.
    Translated from Japanese.
    The diary of the coverage of Honda newscaster

Evgeni Plushenko, the emperor of the world of figure skating!
    After all, he is a star. The height of the jump, the way of livening up the audience, the answer in the interview. Even if we cut off any part of him, he is full of the service mind!
    In the interview, he told us various episodes of his own accord and the time had passed in the twinkling of an eye.

In the back stage, he did warming-up elaborately, enjoyed the game with the other players, and moreover set a trick for anybody.
    Anyway, he was the impression which had always been moving about.
    He is tireless?? Perhaps, it, too, will be the part of the warm-up, won't it?

By the way…
    Before “The Ice” which was held in the end of July, Plushenko had already stayed in Japan for long time.
    In that period, the present which he got from the Japanese fans seemed to be about 250 kg to our surprise.
    As expected, the quantity of the present, too, is an emperor!!
    He seems to have sent all to Russia.
    He seemed to have gotten a lot of stuffed bears, but will the bear suit PLushenko?!

The article:

Banned Member
    vCash
    Here is the video of him with J-fans. www.youtube.com/PlushenkoOfficial

vCash

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast