Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    The show is for skating stars coming out of retirement. Michelle has never retired .
    Brian B, Scott and Evan are scheduled to be there...along with Peggy, Dorothy,Nancy, Mike and Todd, Kimmie, Rudy and Sasha.

vCash

Debi Thomas

Yes, I must agree that she is someone that really cares about others and always takes the time to respond to you. As a surgeon she shows the same care. If you can see her skate on occasion you are very lucky. If I could get there I would love to see her. Everything she does is from the heart.

vCash
    She's been posting some vids of her practices on facebook--not doing too badly! Her spins are quite good, but jumps are still coming along.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Brian B, Scott and Evan are scheduled to be there...along with Peggy, Dorothy,Nancy, Mike and Todd, Kimmie, Rudy and Sasha.
    I believe Rocky Marval and Calla Urbanski will also be skating together again.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    No Tara? From the length of that thread about her possible return, I thought surely she'd participate.

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    She's been posting some vids of her practices on facebook--not doing too badly! Her spins are quite good, but jumps are still coming along.
    Any chance of some links Spinner?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Any chance of some links Spinner?
    It's on her facebook fanpage.... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...5206663?ref=ts You may have to "like" the page to view the wall posts, not sure, but who doesn't like Debi?

Scroll down to see the 5 or 6 clips she's posted. The video is small, but it's neat to see her getting back into this!

vCash
    Love Debi, she was always such an inspiration to me and she continues to be.

I wonder of she'll bring out one of her classic comic skating performances. That would be awesome.

vCash
    Sounds like a great event. On TV anywhere perchance?

Vacant
    vCash
    Thanks Spinner. Those were great to see!

vCash
    Good for her, she's a great inspiration!

vCash
    One of those rare celebrities, athlete or otherwise, who has never been in the tabloids, instead just seagues from respectable skating champion to respected orthapedic surgeon. Best kind of role model is often the kind that doesn't try to be one, but just is one by being herself.
    Last edited by Jot the Dot Dot; 09-06-2010 at 07:03 PM.

vCash
    Debbie was always a top notch athlete, but, without an ounce of comprehension of what artistry/performance/Codes of Aesthetics (jk) are/were. If Caryn Kadavy/Jill Trenary/Rory Flack/Liz Manley and/or last be so not least Katarina Witt among many others; well, I love to see an athlete still be athletic but give me an artistic type anytime if I gotta choose

Oh yes: Kudos to all the surgeons with integrity out there; had a hip done myself with great success and feel so lucky
    Last edited by Gwoofer; 09-06-2010 at 11:59 PM.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Maybe getting older and being out of skating will change her skating and make it more about the artistry.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    She's put up several more videos of jumps. Great double toe and double loop, and some funny Axel outtakes! http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...as/81725206663

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12