Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I seem to recall they wanted it gone completely, and she argued it was part of who she was, and it ended up reduced a bit but not gone entirely. They also had that one girl who basically had a full set of crowns done (and man, that's EXPENSIVE dental work to have a TV show do for you...wish I could get someone to pay for me!) So having dental surgery done isn't new, but now they want the gap WIDER?
    Dani's mother finally persuaded her. Said something along the lines of "It that'll help you win, do it." I think the reason they didn't close the gap completely was because it would have given her enormous front teeth. Joanie (the runner-up) was the one who had the serious dental work done. Danielle sat and held her hand through the ordeal, which I thought was very nice of her.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    I interviewed Joannie (my favorite contestant ever) a couple of years ago and she told me that dental work completely messed up her teeth. It was purely cosmetic and she'll have major problems down the line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    I think the most appalling thing about the makeovers, aside from the blonde eyebrows, is the widening of the tooth gap. Why???

Mind you, I have a gap that I've always hated. To have one purposely widened is absolutely crazy to me. What's next, will Tyra give them nose jobs?
    That's actually a health hazard. Shaving off the side of someone's tooth.... just a bad idea all around. I was quite shocked.

vCash
    Does any one know why would this show be put on a secondary network during the same time as Survivor? And no 2nd showing during the week? They’ve lost a lot of audience….. so it seems.

Ms Lurker if you're nasty
    vCash
    Survivor has always been on Thursdays until this season and ANTM has had the same time slot for several cycles. I imagine the execs though it would be better to stay put. Theres only conflict in certain time zones. In the central time zone, Survivor airs at 7 and ANTM at 8, so there's no conflict. I assume that the eastern and pacific zones would have the conflict issues.

vCash
    CWTV also puts full episodes of ANTM on their website so you can always watch it later in case of conflict.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurking Skater View Post
    I assume that the eastern and pacific zones would have the conflict issues.
    In California both shows air at 8 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    CWTV also puts full episodes of ANTM on their website so you can always watch it later in case of conflict.
    Thanks. This is good info for those who follow this show.

I stopped following it as soon as I came to conclusion that the girls are rarely judged on merit and producers create a lot of “Social Engineering” and go over-board with their, often bias, version of political correctness instead of applying actual criteria of the Modeling Industry.

But I am interested in positioning strategies for popular TV shows, and interested to know how much audience did ANTM loose due to west-coast timing overlap with Survivor and no "repeat" in later days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    I interviewed Joannie (my favorite contestant ever) a couple of years ago and she told me that dental work completely messed up her teeth. It was purely cosmetic and she'll have major problems down the line.
    That's pretty appalling. Poor Joannie, I loved her too.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurking Skater View Post
    Survivor has always been on Thursdays until this season and ANTM has had the same time slot for several cycles. I imagine the execs though it would be better to stay put. Theres only conflict in certain time zones. In the central time zone, Survivor airs at 7 and ANTM at 8, so there's no conflict. I assume that the eastern and pacific zones would have the conflict issues.
    I'm in central time zone and they both air at 7 here in Houston. Apparently Survivor has had higher ratings this season as well.

Ms Lurker if you're nasty
    vCash
    Hm, I guess just my local station switched times. It used to air at 7, then switched during cycle 11.

vCash
    That's pretty appalling. Poor Joannie, I loved her too.
    I suspected that. Unfortunately, with the snaggle tooth, it would have taken years to get it right. Shen Xue had the same problem and wore braces for about 3 years to finally fix it. (Wow, skating reference in an ANTM thread.)
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by millyskate View Post
    That's actually a health hazard. Shaving off the side of someone's tooth.... just a bad idea all around. I was quite shocked.
    Not really. It's perfectly safe if done correctly. A good cosmetic dentist will know just how much to take off.

vCash
    I think the most appalling thing about the makeovers is the widening of the tooth gap. Why???

Mind you, I have a gap that I've always hated. To have one purposely widened is absolutely crazy to me.
    Cut hair grows back. Dyed hair eventually fades. But teeth?? I think this is a situation where the girl should have said "Hell to the no! Am NOT doing it!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    Poor Joannie! She was one of my faves too! The girl could move. Her "Housewife" photo was the best evah!
    She also had the best line in ANTM histry. About Jade: When she sits next to me, all I can smell is bitch.

vCash
    This would be the time in the season where one of my favorites gets kicked and I say "this show is so dumb" but then go on watching anyhow. Can't BELIEVE they cut Rihanna over Liz. Bleh.

vCash
    I won't spoil if you haven't seen the ep yet, but I call BULLSHIZ on that elimination. Absolute complete BS.

vCash
    I totally disagreed with the elimination as well. But they did get the winner right.

But what was up with photographer guy nitpicking over the girls' looks? It's not like he was Mr. Perfection himself.

vCash
    You could tell from the beginning of the show who they were going to toss this week. They profiled her and her opinion that she and Ann are the same "type".

vCash
    Boo! I didn't agree with that elimination either. I liked Rhianna.

vCash
    When Jay said she was one note, I knew she was done, even though she screams Italian Vogue to me. Ann is killing it though. 3 in a row? I don't think I've ever seen two in a row.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast