Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I am so glad that Anamaria was kicked off. There is a difference between naturally thin, and emaciated. If you can see your bones when you are just standing there, that is not natural. (unless you have some severe digestion issue) Ann's bones are not sticking out all over the place the way Anamaria's are.
    Girl needs a chessburger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateSkates View Post
    I am so glad that Anamaria was kicked off. There is a difference between naturally thin, and emaciated. If you can see your bones when you are just standing there, that is not natural. (unless you have some severe digestion issue) Ann's bones are not sticking out all over the place the way Anamaria's are.
    Girl needs a chessburger
    And if you have to watch your calories to stay that thin. Not natural.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by indicatoto101 View Post
    Tyra needs her talk show back because I'm tired of listening to PSAs on a modelling show.
    I agree. Anamarie wants to be a model and she feels that she has to be extremely skinny to be one. Well, she didn't come to this conclusion on her own! This has been the standard for years, and I think ANTM's righteousness is laughable.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
    And if you have to watch your calories to stay that thin. Not natural.
    Well, none of them are likely to be quite as thin as they are without watching calories. But most of them don't have the ropey, parchment-skin look Anamarie had, meaning they haven't hit a point their bodies can't handle yet.

While Tyra harping on models who make themselves sick to be thin isn't new and she's been pretty consistent about it, I did fine Diane von F's counseling on "health" a little silly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    ... I did fine Diane von F's counseling on "health" a little silly.
    Some of the girls who walked in her Spring/Summer 2011 collection looked pretty bony to me.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    While Tyra harping on models who make themselves sick to be thin isn't new and she's been pretty consistent about it, I did fine Diane von F's counseling on "health" a little silly.
    Tyra's advice to Anamaria to eat avocado and bread and butter was even sillier.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Well, if you want to eat something healthy, avocado is a good choice. It's basically fat, but not an especially bad kind. "Eat a cheeseburger" isn't actually a great suggestion. But no matter what she said I don't think Anamaria was going to listen. And I doubt very much that three agencies saying "No thanks, Skeletor" will convince her, either. She's either going to wind up in the hospital/dead or realize she needs help on her own.

vCash
    I like most of the makeovers, and thought they booted the right person off during the "surprise" elimination. But I'm still a bit iffy about the bright red hair, though she looks stunning.

I must say, I love Ann. "I don't have much experience with dudes, but this was all right."

And Sarah's eyebrows are weird.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I like most of the makeovers, and thought they booted the right person off during the "surprise" elimination. But I'm still a bit iffy about the bright red hair, though she looks stunning.

I must say, I love Ann. "I don't have much experience with dudes, but this was all right."

And Sarah's eyebrows are weird.
    I don't like the majority of the makeovers. They make pretty girls either look (a) weird and contrived; or (b) freaks. Most of them are already so pretty and know what works for them...and if they don't, then they should go home. I don't get this whole "the industry will make you over" - yeah, they might style your hair weird, or make you wear an "ugly" outfit for the day, but they don't fundamentally change your look/lop off your hair/dye it red. That said, I do like Ann and the Jewish Boston girl. OTOH, they didn't really "change" that much. And I don't get Sarah's eyebrows, she is gorgeous, but WTF.

vCash
    I love makeovers, in general, and I liked most of these. I did think it made most of them look more like models.
    The funny thing was that I think I liked Tera's makeover the best. He hair looked kinda unkept/messy before.

The white eyebrows was sooo strange, WTF indeed. I am not sure I liked the eyebrow pierced girls (what is her name?), but maybe it was just because she was sullen about it. I think her old asymmetrical hairstyle suited her better.

vCash
    I'm watching this now. Sara's been showing the baby pics. I think that means she's doomed.

ETA: WTF is the idea behind that girl's makeover? It makes no sense whatsoever.
    Last edited by Nomad; 09-23-2010 at 02:23 PM.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Yeah, dark hair and blonde eyebrows? WTF? And the red on Kayla....I don't mind the red so much as the cut itself. It's a longer version of Tootie Carparts' cut from that awful cycle a while back.

Ann, for all her awkwardness, really turn out the photos. That was one of the more original shoots they've done, I loved the fallen angel theme! Too bad most of them were so bad at it!!

vCash
    I don't mind Kayla's makeover that much - I knew that Tyra wouldn't let her stay blond and curly - in fact I thought she should have had FCO.

Not feeling the Ann-love, but I'm sure she'll make it overseas, along with Kayla, Jane, Liz (aka Jaeda 2.0), Chelsey, and one of the filler girls. Chris or Kendal. Rhianna will probably be the "shock elimination" this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Ann, for all her awkwardness, really turn out the photos. That was one of the more original shoots they've done, I loved the fallen angel theme! Too bad most of them were so bad at it!!
    I definitely like her photos (along with Kayla's) but I can totally see her awkwardness being a problem in some runway, commercial or interview thing down the road. I could actually see her end up being the "shock elimination" in some challenge that requires her to be confident while speaking.

Makeovers were okay, loved that there was less drama than in the past. Only one I didn't really care for was Liz, actually. But none of them were "Oh my, that looks amazing!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Tyra's advice to Anamaria to eat avocado and bread and butter was even sillier.
    I think the guide was given with the assumption that Anamaria had an eating disorder - if so, avocado and bread/butter are good suggestions because they are easy to digest and compact in terms of salaries (as opposed to meat and potatoes). People with eating disorders are commonly terrified of eating. To address the disorder and gain weight it's properly advisable that the person start off with foods that are easy to eat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TreSk8sAZ View Post
    I definitely like her photos (along with Kayla's) but I can totally see her awkwardness being a problem in some runway, commercial or interview thing down the road. I could actually see her end up being the "shock elimination" in some challenge that requires her to be confident while speaking.

Makeovers were okay, loved that there was less drama than in the past. Only one I didn't really care for was Liz, actually. But none of them were "Oh my, that looks amazing!"
    I can see Ann winning this, though. Ann already established in ep 2 that her runway sucks. But that's a pretty minor consideration on this show. The only winner I can remember who had a strong walk was (dodges rotten vegetables) Tootie Carparts, but that was all she had going for her, she sucked a$$ at everything else. Same goes for blowing your CG commercial (numerous hamsters). The thing about ANTM is that the winner always has to overcome some kind of adversity, no matter how lame or contrived (C5's Nicole: My sister got all the attention ). In Ann's case, being 3" taller than industry standard could help her win this ludicrous sideshow. Because Tyra's out to change industry standards. And, as we've seen from the astounding success that Whitney, Saleisha, Caridee, et al have had, when Tyra talks, Fashion listens.

vCash
    I think the most appalling thing about the makeovers, aside from the blonde eyebrows, is the widening of the tooth gap. Why???

Mind you, I have a gap that I've always hated. To have one purposely widened is absolutely crazy to me. What's next, will Tyra give them nose jobs?
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    I think the most appalling thing about the makeovers, aside from the blonde eyebrows, is the widening of the tooth gap. Why???

Mind you, I have a gap that I've always hated. To have one purposely widened is absolutely crazy to me. What's next, will Tyra give them nose jobs?
    And wasn't there one girl (was it Danielle, the one who won her season?) who actually had to argue to KEEP her gap?

vCash
    I think Danielle had her gap closed some...but not drastically....or I could be remembering wrong.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I seem to recall they wanted it gone completely, and she argued it was part of who she was, and it ended up reduced a bit but not gone entirely. They also had that one girl who basically had a full set of crowns done (and man, that's EXPENSIVE dental work to have a TV show do for you...wish I could get someone to pay for me!) So having dental surgery done isn't new, but now they want the gap WIDER?

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast