Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    I was pleasantly surprised by Liz's photo. Her face was great, even if the pose wasn't. But she's a mom and they've already had a bi-racial winner or two, so she'll get auf'ed eventually.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Anamaria really, REALLY needed to leave. Though I do think it's a teeny bit disingenuous for people like Diane von Furstenburg to be tut-tutting about health--let's be honest, most of the girls making a living as runway models are not staying that thin by eating right and exercising. But kudos to all the judges and the Js for looking at those pictures and saying "That's not slim, that's emaciated." I just wish there was some way of making HER see that, as she was giving all the classic symptoms (controlled eating, denial) to the point it was almost scripted. I wonder if they were leading her in interviews and prompting the other girls to ask about her weight because it would be good TV and because she clearly needed a wake-up call. Those aren't your abs, honey...

vCash
    What's the zip code where she's living in the state of Denial? After the panel gave their assessment she was STILL refusing to accept the feedback, saying that she would need to hear it from more model agencies first. That was scary to hear.

That runway challenge was insane. Setting aside the fact that the audience couldn't comfortably view the clothes at all, it was just too gimmicky. The one cycle where they were walking on movable platforms over a pool was of a similar nature, but at least visually interesting.

I didn't mind the preachiness of the photo challenge itself. But I found most of the pictures to be pretty bad. So many of them were in profile with too much of the whites of their eyes showing.

Looks like next week's makeovers will be filled with meltdowns. Love it!

vCash
    Oy. I'm sick of makeover meltdowns. Don't these girls watch the show? Don't they know that if they actually get work as models, their look will be changed and it'll be how the client wants them to look, not necessarily how they want to look? Meh.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Add me to the group that is SO glad Anamarie got booted. Thin is one thing - sickly skinny is another. Plus, her whole attitude of "I don't care what you think, I know I'm right" even when it was coming from people IN the industry was annoying. And it will lose her jobs, because people can see that even in interviews or wearing samples (like when she won't take direction because she knows better).

Was surprised that I liked Ann's photo, enjoyed Kayla's photo, and am on the fence about Jane. The sisters are just annoying, and freaking out in the first photo doesn't bode well for Terra.

I'm not looking forward to the makeovers... In fact, I may tune in after they are done simply because the dramatics annoy me.

vCash
    I enjoy the drama.

vCash
    Here's the thing. They saw Anamaria at casting. In a bathing suit. And now everyone's all shocked that she's super thin? That didn't happen that fast. I really think they brought her on with the purpose of making an example out of of her and then letting her go.

Kayla's my pick to win now. There really is just something about her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Here's the thing. They saw Anamaria at casting. In a bathing suit. And now everyone's all shocked that she's super thin? That didn't happen that fast. I really think they brought her on with the purpose of making an example out of of her and then letting her go.
    That's what I was thinking, too. It seems as though every cycle they cast someone who will not win for whatever reason - too short, heavy, etc. Anamarie should never been cast in the first place.

vCash
    I wonder who this season's "doesn't really want it" will be. "We just don't feel like your heart is really in this" etc

vCash
    Another board has said that she lost at least 10 pounds since casting based on a comment she made about her weight. Now, 10 lbs isn't that much- you probably wouldn't notice if I lost it, but 10 pounds is A LOT on that frame.

vCash
    She looked emaciated in casting, though. Seeing her in a bikini in ep. reminded me of Andrea, the skary skinny girl from the wine country who wasn't cast in C6 for being too thin.

vCash
    I think that is probably what happened.

vCash
    Liked the first 'real' episode of this season.

Just want to comment on the "pre-judging candid backstage video of love". The skeptic in me was at the kissy kissy, even if they were genuine. I think this was a jab at ex-judge Paulina's comment that Tyra was a biotch and wouldn't talk to anyone until the judging.

vCash
    I think Anamarie should have stayed. All she needed to do was gain a few pounds. OTOH, not only are the sisters totally annoying, but they look nothing like models.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    I think Anamarie should have stayed. All she needed to do was gain a few pounds...
    I doubt she would have been willing to do that even had it meant staying on the show. She made it pretty clear that she wasn't about to listen to anybody on panel regarding her weight.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Girl needs therapy. Sadly, if her behavior was portrayed honestly, she's probably not going to get it unless she puts herself in the hospital from starving. A big part of being disordered is either not realizing you have a problem, or realizing it but liking the results too much to do anything about it.

I do agree with the suspicion she was brought on to be kicked off to make a point, and possibly in the hope this would be the wakeup call as she COULD be a good model. While I think some viewers might have gotten it, though, if having that panel of judges basically say "You look like Skeletor and we had to pick a picture that hides your body because it's too hideous to look at, for the love of God eat something, woman" wasn't a nice solid beating with the clue bat, I don't know what it will take.

vCash
    According to her exit interview, she needs 3 more agencies to tell her that her ideal body image is unhealthy. She was still deluded despite the mental beating from miss let's-make-a-statement yo. Girl needs some counseling. And Tyra needs her talk show back because I'm tired of listening to PSAs on a modelling show.
    Last edited by indicatoto101; 09-18-2010 at 10:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by indicatoto101 View Post
    According to her exit interview, she needs 3 more agencies to tell her that her ideal of body image is unhealthy...
    I wonder how many have told her that so far?

vCash
    Caught up on the frist episodes last night and I think several of the girls have a lot of potential! Even though Rhianna didn't have a great first photo, I like her style. Also liked Kayla, Chelsie, Kendal, Jane, and Ann. The sisters seem rather misplaced- I can't imagine them styaing long.

I am also glad that Anamarie is gone- that girl is scary skinny and in denial about her problem. In the first episode Ann was the one that jumped out at me as too thin, but it seems evident that she's natually that way (although she may have trouble with samples later on).

Hearing about Ann's rejection because of her height made me realize how narrow the "desired" height range for modeling is- so 5'7" is too shorrt, right? And 6'2" is too tall? So what's the "ideal" range- 5'9"-6'? Crazy.

vCash
    I actually liked AnaMaria on the first show but after the second episode her attitude was a total turn off. But given how skinny Ann is natural or not I think it was a bit hypocritical of the judges to kick AnaMaria off for being too skinny. But her attitude and not listening would have had her kicked off anyway.

I love Kayla. I hope she goes all the way. I like Liz and Rhianna though their first photos were blah. Don't like the sisters at all. Jane is pretty but boring.

I like Chelsie. Lexie is cute but looks more like an actress than a model. In fact she reminds me of Hillary Duff. Ann is growing on me but she isn't very pretty but her photo was great. But I think she will need to get her teeth fixed.

I really hope they leave Kayla's hair alone but I doubt it. I often don't like their makeovers. I also hope their is WAY less drama and girls bitching at each other this season. Last season was RIDICULOUS!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast