Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

America's Next Top Model Cycle 15

The CW has started posting clips from the new season:

Here is the really skinny girl that I mentioned before (they taped the final audition round in Palm Springs a few months ago). The rest of her family is tall and thin too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZrkTWVCmg

Contrast with the girl with the 30G bust:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJI2o1TSTFM

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Ye gods, did that first girl's parents corset her as a child? Or did she have her floating ribs removed? Tall and thin is one thing, but damn, girl. Her pelvis and torso look mismatched. More practically, will that not screw up her ability to fit into samples? Her proportions are NOT normal for sizing purposes.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    IS ANTM just looking for the most bizarrely proportioned girls they can find now?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I just got hooked on this show Cycle 14, loved it (though not who won). Then I watched Cycle 13 when they showed that right after and just finished a marathon of Cycle 7. I can't wait until September 8th.

That said, that girl with the smallest waist is scary skinny. And I wonder if the boozabas are real on the other girl or Dow Corning?

I was reading the bios for some of the Cycle 7 finalists, 5'10" and 115 pounds is really, really scary to me. I weighed 115 at one point and I'm 5'8" and I looked like a scarecrow.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonita View Post
    I was reading the bios for some of the Cycle 7 finalists, 5'10" and 115 pounds is really, really scary to me. I weighed 115 at one point and I'm 5'8" and I looked like a scarecrow.
    Well, that's what the fashion industry wants--the more underweight, the better. So long as they're tall, of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Well, that's what the fashion industry wants--the more underweight, the better. So long as they're tall, of course.
    Yes, but that girl in the video is too thin. Way too thin. She's defintiely less than a size 0, and she wouldn't fit into designer sample sizes. I remember when a designed commented Fatima was too thin a few cycles ago and this chick is way skinner than Fatima.

I do keep watching, but at this point ANTM is such a joke. Tyra doesn't pick models. You don't get a real modeling career out of winning ANTM so I don't know why girls keep bothering to try out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    You don't get a real modeling career out of winning ANTM so I don't know why girls keep bothering to try out.
    A $100,000 contract with Cover Girl, a spread in 17 Magazine, and whatever else is given to the winner (there is usually something with an agency). I may have mixed up the prizes - I tend to tune them as Tyra lists them over and over again - but they are certainly give potential candidates the motivation to try out and compete.

vCash
    http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/08/19/am...e-contestants/

Starts tonight!

Some of these girls, pardon me for saying, look like they got smacked with the ugly stick.

Kayla and Jane are my picks....so look for them to be out in the first 3 weeks.

And one of the girls chose "my car" for if trapped on an island. Bright one, there.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    A $100,000 contract with Cover Girl, a spread in 17 Magazine, and whatever else is given to the winner (there is usually something with an agency). I may have mixed up the prizes - I tend to tune them as Tyra lists them over and over again - but they are certainly give potential candidates the motivation to try out and compete.
    Yep, though I honestly don't recall ever seeing the winning Cover Girl ads. CG mostly likes to use actresses like Drew Barrymore.

But a contract with [whichever agency it is this time] at least means a shot at working--not supermodel status, but jobs and therefore income.

Wow, apparently this time the prize is not 17, it's Vogue Italia......and forget "my car", how about the genius who'd bring her hot comb?

vCash
    Sigh. This bunch looks like: "Dozens of girls from all over the neighborhood auditioned for the chance to become ANTM." Oh, well. At least we don't have the Token "Short" Girl this time around.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Well, at least I have something to watch now that MIOBI is over! The two sisters competing against each other might bring some draaaaaaaama. Those look like the plainest, most boring crop of hamsters yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Sigh. This bunch looks like: "Dozens of girls from all over the neighborhood auditioned for the chance to become ANTM." Oh, well. At least we don't have the Token "Short" Girl this time around.
    I didn't think so, in fact, when I went to the CWTV site and looked at the photos, I definitely thought this was the most modely looking group I'd seen on there. Also, these girls are glamazons, they're definitely going for tall as there is only one girl below 5'9
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Horrendous lineup IMO, though I'll acknowledge, it could just be that the photos are horrible.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    They look better on the CW site (except for that horrific thing Anamaria is wearing, it makes her look like she's got huge granny boobs). I'm ruling out the sisters and the moms (Sara and Liz). I think one of these girls is the Honor Student stereotype (Jane?) so I'm ruling her out, too.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Holy crap....was just looking at the pictures on the CW site, and Ann needs to eat something. She looks like she's a starving child from Ethiopia.

After seeing those photos I'm sticking with Kayla, Jane, and adding Rhianna and maybe Esther as favorites. I like Liz too, but she's another mom...so we'll see.

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/americas-n...os/005857708f9 link to photos on the site.

Rhianna reminds me of Eva Green She's beautiful IMO. Something tells me Rhianna's personality is going to spoil her looks though lol
    Last edited by Satellitegirl; 09-08-2010 at 07:40 PM.

vCash
    Here's a brief write-up: http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/americas-ne...es-vogue--1509

And photos: http://tv.yahoo.com/america-39-s-nex...del/show/35130

The girls are more unconventional looking and the cast photos don't do them justice.

I already watched the first two episodes. Interestingly weight is not as much an issue for Anne as it is for another girl.

Major elimination spoilers:

Spoiler

vCash

Spoiler

vCash
    The former beauty queen from Minnesota needs to fall in a large hole and never emerge.

eta: I'm not sure there's a large enough hole to hold her ego.

vCash
    The 6'2 one is scary looking. I want to fix her eyebrows.

Hoping Jordan (the gaga wannabe) goes home. Or stays, and annoys me for a few more weeks...

Jane was pretty awesome.

vCash
    Beauty Queen got cut. Bwa ha ha ha.

I think the right girls made it in.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast