Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TygerLily View Post
    Loved loved LOVED the theatre piece--and the fact that it was called 'theatre' instead of broadway!
    Sean Cheeseman is my hero!

I wish they would get more choreographers doing work at the level of him and Stacey T.

The HH this week looked like something my beginner dancers could do without too much trouble. OF COURSE it woudn't look as good or have the same style - but still...

And as much as I adore Blake's dancing - his choreo always seems to be so empty and prop / costume dependent.

Okay - enough whining. Sorry.

I am grateful for the show's existencea - and should look at the bright sides. I hope the Bollywood group number will be good. I definitely enjoyed last week's group number and loved that they had a choreographer work with them whose work is on Broadway right now!

Re-registered User
    vCash
    The theatre piece was great. The best thing about the show far this season is the variability of the choreography. I still don't have a favourite dancer, although Denys is the front runner for my vote.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Isn't anyone watching SYTYCD Canada any more?
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    I am! I was just too tired / uninspired to post /vote last night.

It is definitely a far cry from the year of Sandhu though!

I love Sean Cheeseman and nearly every single thing he does. I often love Stacey Tookey but not blown away last night by her piece.

I hope the opening number by Mia is good tonight! (West coast)

Anyone else???

vCash
    I caught it last night and other than the foxtrot and the hustle, I was yet again underwhelmed (is it hard to please me or does the dancing suck?). Because of our dance panel I think that we put lots of urban styles such as dancehall and hip hop on the show - this is something that Canada doesn't seem to like much of.

Leah Miller drove me nuts with the script saying "dancer x is out of his or her genre," and yet again the panel was too nice.

I hope that the show improves because it's losing me fast...

ETA: I knew it was Jera's time (I thought he should have gone last week), but I'm kinda bummed that Julia's gone.
    Last edited by venja; 09-08-2010 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Results

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    Jera
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    Isn't anyone watching SYTYCD Canada any more?
    I am, but my satellite modem is nearly dead and sometimes it takes me half an hour to get a single page to load. No PBP commentary from me until it is fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    I love Sean Cheeseman and nearly every single thing he does. I often love Stacey Tookey but not blown away last night by her piece.
    I hope the opening number by Mia is good tonight!
    I love Sean too. Stacey is hit and miss for me- she does a lot better with outstanding dancers, but doesn't do so well with the more limited ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by venja View Post
    Leah Miller drove me nuts with the script saying "dancer x is out of his or her genre," and yet again the panel was too nice.
    I hope that the show improves because it's losing me fast...
    The writers and editors have really let this show down. They need to stop trying to stretch the show to 2 hours with inane commentary from the judges, and give Leah more variety in her scripted comments (or else give her a script- if that is adlibbed she should be fired).
    The sad this about this season, is that the variety of wonderful choreographers, and the way the show is bringing them more to the forefront, is a good thing, but it is being lost in all the annoyances.
    Mia's opening number was fabulous- probably in my top 5 SYTYCD openers. I loved the slinky posture of the whole dance.
    I was hoping it was Jera that was gone- he was really awful last night. And I wasn't surprise that Julia went- she was very awkward last night.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    I've been watching and enjoying for the most part. I was sorry to see Julia go, but have been cheering Dennis on. It's still a far cry from last year when Eman was on. The interest just isn't there this year for me. I'm not voting like last year.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I'm watching, too, but I don't have internet access in the evenings anymore.

I was sad to see Jera go, but had been surprised when he didn't go last week. I liked Julia as well. I was surprised Julia's partner didn't go since he seemed so weak in his own genre, but his solo was quite enjoyable, so maybe the judges felt that redeemed him.

Happily succumbing to the FSU productivity virus.
    vCash
    Finally caught up via youtube since I'm south of the (49th) border. Bummed that Julia had to go but I'm wondering if there's an issue with sufficient height disparities of the dancers this year causing judges to get Julia to go, especially in comparison with Claudia.

My notes on the dancers remaining:

* Nathalie & Mackenzie - The most challenged as contemporary dancers faced with ballroom (not too happy with the Viennese Waltz choreographically and I usually love Pierre Allaire's work... except for Eman's and Jayme Rae's quickstep last year) and hip-hop and pulling them off. Not sure of their fanbase though.
    * Amanda & Denys - Denys has got to be the most trained with being strong in both contemporary and ballroom and graduating from Julliard. Amanda's talented, but I bet Denys helped bring her up to speed a lot. I want to see them tested by hip-hop.
    * Danielle & Sebastian - Their first Bollywood routine (I blame choreography) wasn't good, latest contemporary done well but overdramatik but I'm still loving their theatre (Sean Cheesman!!!!) piece the most. Their cute enough for young fans. I want to see them challenged with something hip-hop.
    * Charlene & Jeff - Their first Jive was rather awful but loving their last two routines. I was originally questioning why Charlene made it but she has surprised me. I've loved Jeff from last season and his partnering and tricks from Ukrainian folk along with his contemporary training makes him a strong partner. Not sure if it's good or bad that he's a great partner in showing off Charlene so well but I'm not sure if it's too his detriment since he sometimes disappears into the support role when it comes to voting. I want to see them challenged with hip-hop.
    * Shavar & Janick - I loved their Afro Jazz (Sean Cheesman!!!!), didn't like their Krump, hip-hop was pretty good. Shavar's been pretty lucky except for the outright manipulation of audience impressions in finals week. Janick reminds me a lot of Jayme Rae. I want to see them do ballroom.
    * Kloe & Jonathan - Not particularly memorable in any of their routines but I think the last two routines were being bogged down by choreography.
    * Claudia - Pretty good first salsa. Choreographically bad Foxtrot. Jazz pretty good if you lower the standards in being "outside her genre". If she gets hip-hop or krump, heck, anything not ballroom, I'm not sure how long she'll last.
    * Edgar - One of "the professionals" pulling off Jae Blaze hip-hop, not-so-much on the Dance Hall, and not bad on the lyrical jazz. Not sure about his fan base. I'm thinking he's pretty versatile but I'm not sure about his rapport with Claudia.
    * Kirsten - First contemporary was pretty bland but executed well, paso doble was good barring the last lift but covered well, and well... hip-hop, I couldn't watch all the way through. She's good in her style but pales beside the other contemporary girls.
    * Jesse - Hasn't had a knockout performance yet though technically pretty good. Not sure about whether he connects enough with the viewing audience to get a good fanbase. I'm wondering though that the lack of height disparity between him and Julia made it a lot harder.

ETA: The lifts in the hustle that Charlene and Jeff did were nuts! I'm wondering though whether an ice dance pair can do a modified neck support lift but it may be too dangerous.
    Last edited by DustPuppyOI; 09-09-2010 at 04:50 AM.

vCash
    2 die hard fans here! Only cheering for Denys this year! He really is awesome. We honestly picked him out of the audition process as we had with Nico in Season 1 and of course Alex Wong on the US version both years he auditioned! Loving Amanda while she is with Denys. Agree he might be helping her with his experience. But she does have remarkable legs! Not a fan at all of Ms Miller! Get rid of her and her botox visage!!! Cat Delley is indeed the best MC (tied perhaps with Tom Bergeron) but Leah is aweful!!! Just our opinion. And why does she always say "So you think you can Dance on CTV". It's annoying. The name of the program is So You Think You Can Dance Canada!!!

Re-registered User
    vCash
    You'll be happy this week then. Denys and Amanda did a really cool House number choreographed by Sho Tyme. It was hard to believe I was watching a ballroom dancer- he was great.

I missed whoever went first.

Sean Cheesman's jazz number for Chris and partner was good- but his dances almost always are.

vCash
    So far it's 4 for 4 in terms of entertaining me (did I actually say that?!?!?!), and it seems like the dancers have stepped it up a level.

I thought that I wasn't going to like house (its track record hasn't been the greatest), but this was not bad - Denis had the smoothness house requires and Amanda had the groovy-ness that I did not expect.

I'm pleasantly surprised so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    Sean Cheesman's jazz number for Chris and partner was good- but his dances almost always are.
    That's what I like about Sean Cheeseman - his dances don't look the same (unlike Stacey Tookey's dances which look the same and Luther Brown's choreo which sucks IMO).
    Last edited by venja; 09-14-2010 at 01:57 AM.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    The first half of the show was by far the best. Danielle and Sebastien were pretty awful in the hip hop.

I wish they'd never do another New Disco- because this one was awkward and boring.

vCash
    I wish Dennis and Amanda weren't partnered together. I like him, but I find her so gratingly irritating I have to fast forward through their clips together.

vCash
    I'm still confused by the rhumba that wasn't a rumba... and the scary pleather. Too much gushing by judges for dances that just aren't good.

And what was up with the Mia/Blake number????????????

vCash
    Denys for the win..........I hope. He's the only one that has been able to impress me so far as far as the actual dancing goes. He's growing on me as a guy with some charisma as well. I'm not voting yet this year (no Eman), but I just might when it gets down to the nitty gritty and the top 6 or 4.
    Addicted to FSU

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    at the bottom 3.

Tough decision for the judges.
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

vCash
    Who is it? I can't watch til later.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast