Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I thought both of them looked like little boys playing dress up. And, although I hate the criticisms of guys on this show not being masculine, they both looked way too effeminate for the choreography and it looked like a poorly executed gay camp piece.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I voted for Lauren a bunch of times and had no trouble getting through. So did my mom and my sister in law. (Both new voters this week).

I would place them:

This week only 1. Lauren, 2. Robert, 3. Kent
    Overall 1. Lauren, 2. Kent, 3 Robert
    What I think will happen 1. Kent, 2. Lauren, 3. Robert

I liked all the dances ok except the Mandy Moore piece. Not any Top 10 of all time, but I liked Robert/Mark, Kent/Allison, Lauren/Robert and Lauren/Pasha best.

Another spoiler link:

Spoiler

Last edited by Rob; 08-12-2010 at 08:06 PM.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Rob, I agree with all three of your placements. There's a chance that Robert could end up in 2nd place due to the OTT tonguebathing he got last night and the show's predominently "hot guy oriented" audience, but Lauren has definitely held her own in the voting for most of the show, so here's hoping that will continue.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    My goodness. Robert is just so devastatingly handsome. I'm a dirty old woman.
    I'm late to this party but...me too... And to Holley Calmes - ditto on Pasha!
    Last edited by NancyNC; 08-12-2010 at 09:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyNC View Post
    I'm late to this party but...me too...
    Me three. Very happy to see Pasha again last night.

So, I suppose that Kent will win, but I really am hoping that somehow Lauren does. Unfortunately, I didn't have any trouble getting through for her ... or for Robert, either. Oh well, at least they both made the finals and I enjoyed most of the dances last night. My favorites were Lauren/Robert, Lauren/Pasha, Kent/Alison, Robert/Mark, Robert/Katherine. I thought that Lauren/Kent's dance was the weakest by far -- it didn't engage my interest at all, which could have mainly been because of the music and choreo.

vCash
    I think Robert is very nice looking, but I don't feel any heat. Pasha on the other hand is smoldering.

I thought Kent kind of sucked all night long. He wasn't being an artist, he was out of it.

It was Lauren's night. Let's see what happens.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    I think Robert is very nice looking, but I don't feel any heat. Pasha on the other hand is smoldering.
    Of course you're right. Robert's just a kid, too. However, what I see in him is potential, and if he grows into his beautiful body, lovely face and eyes, and continues to mature artistically, well, I'm already impressed but he could be really something!
    Last edited by Holley Calmes; 08-12-2010 at 11:32 PM.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Mark and Pasha are older than my oldest daughter, I can swoon over them without any guilt, and they have an mature intensity that Robert has not yet reached.

The other odd thing about Robert is that he doesn't seem to have a bit of a bit of arrogance(I think I mean self-centeredness) to his personality, which is unusual for a kid that good looking. I wonder if he is that way in real life.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    The other odd thing about Robert is that he doesn't seem to have a bit of a bit of arrogance(I think I mean self-centeredness) to his personality, which is unusual for a kid that good looking. I wonder if he is that way in real life.
    I get that too. Perhaps his background of being good, but not quite good enough at baseball kept him grounded. Seems he feels the same way about his dancing... that he's good, but not as good as Alex or Billy. A little insecurity is a very attractive thing!
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    He doesn't seem insecure - just very aware of the opportunity and how very lucky he is, beause he is not (yet?) at the level of most of the other male contemporary dancers this show has seen, and he has gone quite far. He seems appropriately grateful, and is making the most of the opportunity.

I know people will jump all over me for this, but I think his personality a bit similar to Jose's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    I haven't watched the show since week 4 (I think) and I found out I haven't really missed it. I'll check who wins tonight- I expect it to be Kent, which is what I said from the very beginning.

I think I might be through with SYTYCD.
    This season, I've watched out of habit and lack of anything else on. I know people disagree with me, but IMHO this new format spelled the death of SYTYCD. And Nigel is going to be looking for another show in 2 years with AI and SYTYCD having viewership issues.

Of course just my opinion.

Pre-season football sucks, but the outcome of this season could be just as anti-climatic as the pre-season football game.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I think Robert seems a lot like Jose in personality.

I liked the new format- but I like the idea for next season even more. We'll have them with the All-Stars after we have winnowed it down to our favourites.

Loved the opening dance- Twitch was like Michael Flatley- Lord of the Dance.

Cat's pink dress is very pretty.

Mary Murphy! I can't believe I'm happy to see her.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    I think Robert seems a lot like Jose in personality.

I liked the new format- but I like the idea for next season even more. We'll have them with the All-Stars after we have winnowed it down to our favourites.

Loved the opening dance- Twitch was like Michael Flatley- Lord of the Dance.

Cat's pink dress is very pretty.

Mary Murphy! I can't believe I'm happy to see her.
    I was pleased to see that Mary was there too.

The other thing I like about the idea of next season is that at the beginning of this season the contestants looked so unskilled next to the All-Stars. By the time they've narrowed 20 down to 10 they'll have several weeks of competition under their belts, which will a) have helped them get used to working with the choreographers b) helped them ditch the nerves c) helped them improve so that they don't look so clunky next to the professional All-Stars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Pre-season football sucks, but the outcome of this season could be just as anti-climatic as the pre-season football game.
    I'm switching back and forth between the two. So is no one in here because a lot of you guys are getting the game instead? I was on a video chat so I missed the first few minutes but whatever. I was in NYC during last nights show and it took me forever to watch it today because I kept getting bored.

vCash
    Kent and Neil as one of the favorite dances but instead of being the Travis routine, it is shoeless joe? Sorry, this one just does not stand out to me.

ETA: Billy and Ade, Mad World. A much better choice of favorite dance. IMO.

vCash
    My only interest in the football is seeing how the Saints look. Heresy coming from someone in the Boston area, I know. Just got the TiVo Premiere, so I've got 3 channels going. I'm about 5 mins behind on SYTYCD.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Billy and Ade next. This music makes me cry every time I hear it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I'm switching back and forth between the two. So is no one in here because a lot of you guys are getting the game instead?
    Some of us are watching the U S National Gymnastics live in one of the Other Sports threads.

I'll just be turning up the volume on SYTYCD for a select few dances, like this Billy/Ade amazing performance.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    And the show takes a bit of a downturn as the first favourite chosen by a judge is Shoeless Joe. Still meh.

And back up again with Billy and Ade- Mad World. Still one of my most favourites ever on the show. Billy is annoying when he isn't dancing, but mesmerising when he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    Some of us are watching the U S National Gymnastics live in one of the Other Sports threads.
    Ah, I'm DVRing the gymnastics.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast