Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    following Eden around to the place where we're the only ones who think what we think
    vCash
    Of the three left, Lauren is my favorite, so I hope she wins.

Having said that: while she danced the piece with Twitch just fine, the dance seemed really sloooooow. I thought they spent way too much time behind the podium just doing arm choreography (not that arm choreography is easy, but they should have come out sooner than they did).

Since they moved to the new theater, I think a lot of the dances have suffered from being too small for such a large stage. On top of that, when the choreographers make weird lighting and costuming choices, the dancers bodies/body parts get lost in the background of the stage. I felt this way with Robert and Mark's piece last night. (I think this may be why Napolean and Tabitha use so many props-- they help to focus the audience's/camera's attention to one point of the stage, or help to define the space that the dancers are in better, like the chair and couch in the Alex/Twitch piece.)

I felt for Mandy Moore last night. Poor thing looked like she was going to burst into tears. However, my husband kept saying through that piece, "WE could do *this* dance", and he was right :/

As for Ellen's tweet

Spoiler

vCash
    I always watch on DVR and start to FF when the critique drives me bananas, so I may have missed something. Caveat, I don't "get" Kent, so my comments may be slanted that way....so:

Kent's Bollywood seemed easier than the other Bollywood numbers this season. There was nothing done on their knees at all (isn't that a feature of Bollywood) and it seemed more posing and spinning. I'm super resentful that the last couple weeks the choreographers seem to give him dances that his face fits into, rather than get him to actually control his face. Agree the 80s number was fluff. And I can't take him seriously with someone like Allison...I still see him as children's theater rather than an adult male dancer. His comment that made Adam wet himself in ecstasy, I'd almost swear was scripted to get that judge reaction. Blah...

Robert certainly is most improved of the three, but as a Mark lover, I felt dancing with Mark really showed that he's not quite there yet. Mark is sharp and precise and finishes things off (and hottttttt) but I felt that dance revealed Robert's just not that quality. Yet.

Lauren stole it for me. I really disliked her most of the season but about 4 weeks ago she started to nail it for me, every single dance she just took on and convinced me she was best all round. So I got Lauren for the win.

Still wish Alex had been in it though, then I could have FF through about 75 minutes of the 2 hours.....

And to whomever feels like a dirty old woman watching Robert, I feel that way with Pasha. I missed the season he was on and am now really, really regretting it. That boy is just smokin' hot!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DubbalinGirl View Post
    Kent's Bollywood seemed easier than the other Bollywood numbers this season. There was nothing done on their knees at all (isn't that a feature of Bollywood) and it seemed more posing and spinning.
    That's what I thought too... in the middle of the Bollywood I thought to myself, wow this is so much easier than Billy's Bollywood. Even with that, it didn't look sharp at all to me. It seemed kind of slow, and I thought he and Lauren were out of sync at times.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I had no trouble getting in for Lauren all night
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Spoilers for the guest dancer are out there, I guess, as Nigel just tweeted that he wanted the spoiling to stop. It's a she. Anyone have a minute to dig it up and post it here? I'd do it, but I can't from work.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    I had no trouble getting in for Lauren all night
    Weird. For me, her line was busy up until about 3 minutes before the lines closed - at that point I got about 1/2 dozen votes in before it was all over.

vCash
    My poor coworker is freaking out. We won't see the finale live here in New Orleans due to the fact that the Saints preseason game against New England is being shown on our local Fox station. I tried telling her watching it delayed later in the evening won't be that bad but she's still upset.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    And to whomever feels like a dirty old woman watching Robert, I feel that way with Pasha. I missed the season he was on and am now really, really regretting it. That boy is just smokin' hot!
    I'm such a dirty old woman I have the hots for Robert AND Pasha. Why settle for just one?

vCash
    I felt like the ultimate conspiracy theory person last night when I kept thinking TPTB let their feelings be known by assigning Kent a call in # that ended with 1, Lauren 2 and Robert 3.

That said, it seemed to me that the weight of expectation psyched Kent out. Both Lauren and Robert were better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    I'm such a dirty old woman I have the hots for Robert AND Pasha. Why settle for just one?
    Truly. For me, it's Mark and Pasha.

I thought the judges, Nigel especially, copped out on that last dance. Robert and Kent were not good in that tango, and the judges should have said so. Wimps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    I thought the judges, Nigel especially, copped out on that last dance. Robert and Kent were not good in that tango, and the judges should have said so. Wimps.
    I thought the judges kind of copped out all night. That or I was watching something different than they were.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    My poor coworker is freaking out. We won't see the finale live here in New Orleans due to the fact that the Saints preseason game against New England is being shown on our local Fox station. I tried telling her watching it delayed later in the evening won't be that bad but she's still upset.
    Hey Catherine, thanks for letting me know! I just moved to NOLA two days ago, and didn't put two and two together. I guess I'll stream online.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    We had another storm and no power so I fear I will not see the finale. If I miss it, I would love to hit someone up for a DVD and would pay for it!

Alex Twitch Hip hop spoiler

Spoiler

I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Kent's Bollywood seemed easier than the other Bollywood numbers this season. There was nothing done on their knees at all (isn't that a feature of Bollywood) and it seemed more posing and spinning.
    I agree that Kent got a lot of gymnastics moves that took up time that would have been spent doing more authentic Bollywood - but he did do those knee spins at the end of the routine.

I had no problem getting through to Lauren, but I never get a busy signal for anyone. West Coast doesn't care about SYTYCD
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    I'm was freaking out, too, but our local CBS affiliate has the rights to this game. For New Englanders, it will be on BZ not Fox. My night is saved.

vCash
    Rob, I have no idea how you pulled

Spoiler

out of your head, but that was a GOOD ONE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kappa_1 View Post
    Hey Catherine, thanks for letting me know! I just moved to NOLA two days ago, and didn't put two and two together. I guess I'll stream online.
    Welcome to NOLA!

The Saints owner also owns the local FOX station so they are the main provider of all things Saints related, including preseason games. I'm just going to DVR the delayed SYTYCD finale at 10:30pm and watch it tomorrow night since streaming is not an option for me.

There is a couple of other preseason NFL games tonight besides the Saints/Pats game so anyone in an area with an NFL game tonight might want to check and make sure their FOX station didn't buy the local rights.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Rob, I have no idea how you pulled

Spoiler

out of your head, but that was a GOOD ONE!

Spoiler

I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shells View Post
    I thought Kent got a little hosed by the choreographers last night. I think Mandy Moore deserved to get blasted for that piece of crap she gave him and Lauren, I also thought the last routine (whatever it was called) with Robert was a hot mess, even in concept let alone how they danced. Wasn't that imrpessed with the Bollywood routine either, I think we've seen better choreographed routines already this season. I did like the Contemporary piece he did with Alison though. (but I have a secret love for Stacey Tookey - not so secret anymore I guess)
    I completely agree with you! Kent is my fave of the top 3, and I don't think he stands a chance after last night because the dances he got were awful. I mean Bollywood was fun and it would have been fine if he then had the contemporary (which I thought was amazing!) and two other good dances. But then he had the dance with Lauren which was crap! Not that it wasn't danced well, but it was just blah from teh music to the choreography. The one with Robert was fine, but they were mismatched and it just seemed off to me...

I liked Robert and Lauren, but I also feel that somehow they got better dances/choreography than Kent and I'm a bit bitter about that.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mashenka82 View Post
    The one with Robert was fine, but they were mismatched and it just seemed off to me...
    Yes-they're both nice dancers, but Robert looked like a tall, mature "man," and Kent looked like he was borrowing his Daddy's outsized clothes to play dress-up in. It was just wrong somehow. Not knocking Kent-love the kid. I do think he'll still probably win though.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast