Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Re-registered User
    vCash
    Kent and Allison- missed the song name

I think Kent overemoted with that, and for me that made it seem less real. Allison was really good in this, but it didn't come close to moving me the way some other tormented love pieces have.

*Sorry for the double posting. I'm used to this thread being much busier.

Lauren's solo- Mary J. Blige - I'm goin Down.

Same as she usually does, in cute red bootie shorts.
    Last edited by rjblue; 08-12-2010 at 02:22 AM.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    I actually fell asleep for a moment there. Adam screaming woke me up

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    is Mia wearing anal beads?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I actually fell asleep for a moment there. Adam screaming woke me up
    And I had just been thinking "wow, Adam hasn't been annoying me tonight." Jinxed myself.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Robert and Kathryn- Spencer Liff -Cool, West Side Story

That was a great story piece. Robert might not be as tecnically perfect as Kent but he does his characters so much better.

Robert is getting the best of the night.

Lauren and Pasha- Melanie and tony- Christina A.-Not Myself tonight

Great choice of music. Sizzling dance. Pasha's partnering is divine.

Nigel says she's the best contemporary girl to do ballroom.

Cat claims the scissors that cut the buttons off Pasha's shirt are in her room. Nice shutting up of Nigel.

I kind of like the judges love-fest for the contestants tonight. At this point it is nice to have them just praise the good qualities of the dancers. Only Mandy Moore is having a bad night.
    Last edited by rjblue; 08-12-2010 at 02:46 AM.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    I thought Robert especially had a fabulous night - great choreography and wonderful music. I positively loved Cool with Kathryn, but absolutely adored his pillow Robert's "pillow" number with Lauren. (Why on earth doesn't Dee Caspery ever smile?) Robert and Mark? That smoked!

vCash
    Robert was my fave that first night and he was again tonight. It was great to see his development! (and ditto to Meredith) -- I fell in love with Alex and Billy in-between, but I have lots of love to go around.

vCash
    Lauren FTW. I have not gotten in even 1 vote for her - her line is always busy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    Lauren FTW. I have not gotten in even 1 vote for her - her line is always busy.
    I've voted for her at least 15 times and never gotten a busy signal. I think she's fab and don't want her to go out first of the finalists (I thought her being in the bottom 3 that time was totally bogus). Still think Kent will win but based on the lovefest and the pieces he got tonight, Robert could sneak in for 2nd. (Still voting for Lauren)

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Robert is so much more mature a performer than Kent...who is a little sweetie. I only saw the last half of tonight, but Robert looked like he came through in the homestretch. I totally expect him to be gone first tomorrow night. But then, I have to remind myself that the voting really doesn't have much to do with actual dancing (except where the opinions of my fellow FSU'ers are concerned.)

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Wow, I'm used to this thread being 7+ pages by the time I see the show. Did most people decide to ignore the finale?

Judges were full of hot air and OTT declarations, but on the whole, I'll take happy drunky judges over spiteful pissy judges. Good thing Adechike went home last week or we'd have had a much bitchier night.

Kent:
    Bollywood w/ Lauren - Kent hit all body, leg, and arm positions in time and with sharpness, but was not paying attention to his hands. We've heard time and time again how critical the hand gestures are to this genre, and he totally threw them away. If this weren't the finale (and/or if it wasn't Kent) someone would have made a comment about it.

Solo was fine

Stacey Tookey piece w/Allison - I need to watch this one again. During the piece, I wrote down "nice piece, no emotional connection + Allison looks like his mom" I wanted to see this piece on either Robert (w/Allison) or Lauren (with Ade). but then afterwards Kent was clearly genuinely in a weird space. And I appreciated that the judges were trying to get him to talk and he kept it to himself (just gave them a stupid line that made Adam cream himself blah blah). I want to give this one another chance because he was not faking that emotion after the fact and I must have missed something.

Allison did look like his mom though

Lauren:
    NappyTabs with Twitch - This wasn't my favorite NappyTabs piece, but I'm glad they gave her a non-relationship piece. She was amazing in it, completely kept up with Twitch. All night Lauren performed as if she's already an All-Star.

Best solo of the night for me - she just gives it everything she's got.

Tony/Melanie Cha Cha with Pasha -
    This was interesting. She was a little tentative in the beginning lift, but once they really got into the cha cha she was aces. from where I was sitting, her leg lines matched Pasha's perfectly, and I would not have guessed she does not have a background in ballroom. I can't believe they made the lights go so dark while she was getting into that upside down lift - fnla lift was slightly tentative as well, but overall great job!

Robert:
    Tyce Jazz w/!!!Mark!!! - I liked the choreography. I wish we'd seen Robert do this piece earlier in the season. It was a good piece for him, but he doesn't have the intensity or the polish that Mark does. and I disagree with Adam about the jumping "down" comment - Robert's jump looked a bit heavy.

I liked Robert's solo tonight

Spencer Liffs B'way with Kathryn - very nice choreo that managed to live up to the iconic music. this was a great style for him, the partnering was improved!!! I was a little distracted by Kathryn's skirt going all twisty though.

Lauren/Robert: Dee Caspary choreo
    I loved this piece. Loved it. I think this was Robert's best piece on the show, and this is where Lauren showed she's already professional level. Allison could not have done this piece better than Lauren did. And huge props to Robert - all his partnering was steady as can be (I think because he didn't do any press lifts) Big yay.

Lauren/Kent: Mandy Moore '80s revival
    I thought this was cute, but halfway through I realized that creaky old me would be able to perform this piece, so yeah, not a big technical piece. it's not like it was that dreadful foxes piece from S2 though so no need for Nigel to be such an ass. I know the piece was made to suit Lauren and Kent's personalities, but I was kind of wishing Lauren was dancing it with Billy.

Kent/Robert - Malevos
    I loved the idea of this. I had high hopes. but I thought this was on the same level as Jose and Adechike's Paso duet. Maybe worse, because I expected so much more. They were both tentative, the footwork was slow....it looked like a parody, not a real dance. I thought it was interesting that the judges didn't want to critique it at all and just lobbed a bunch of nothing comments This was a really bad way to end the competition, sigh.

am power voting for Lauren. I know I can't keep up with the Kent fans and I'm ok with him winning (anyone catch Lauren almost call him "America's favorite dancer? they all know the coronation is coming), but I think Lauren has been the best all season long so I'm a-gonna try.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Wow, I'm used to this thread being 7+ pages by the time I see the show. Did most people decide to ignore the finale?
    I haven't even gotten around to watching last week's show. I just can't bring myself to care since Billy left.

Ellen may have revealed a clue to Twitch's dance partner replacement for tomorrow's hip hop.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Last edited by genevieve; 08-12-2010 at 06:55 AM. Reason: spoiler tags

vCash
    I wonder if the ratings for the show reflect the steady decline in posts every week on the SYTYCD thread.

Personally, I haven't felt like watching the show after Billy left. Even tonight, I fast-forwarded through all of the fluff, the judges' comments, and even some of the dances (Lauren/Kent Mandy Moore choreo). I'm sorry to say I don't really think any of the dances tonight stood out for me as ones I'll watch again. That being said, I'll still watch tomorrow!

vCash
    I am watching out of habit. After Alex left, I just wasn't interested.

I am looking forward to watching Mark's number. I am working a night shift so will be able to watch it when I get home.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    After Alex went, I simply lost interest. Kent isn't that good at all, he is trying too hard. And I think that others were just a lot better than he is like Billy, robert or Adéchiké.
    Kent is a fluke IMO.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    FWIW, I thought all three of them looked worn out. Can we get a dancer with Kent's lower body line and explosiveness and combine that with Robert's upper body and musicality? Oh snap, we had two of them and they're not in the final.

I thought Kent was weakest of the three tonight. The Mandy piece was just plain weird and I agree with Nigel that Mandy didn't challenge the dancers at all. I was still dancing in the mid-80s and have this strange feeling that HTBS was the recital piece for the studio's junior jazz group, probably with harder choreo. Kent should have been able to dance it with campy abandon, but it didn't come across that way. As for the Malevos, Robert just killed him. In both this and the Bollywood, Kent just threw away the arms that were critical to selling the pieces.

I'd be happy with a Lauren or Robert win. Both did very well with what they were given and really killed at least one of the pieces.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Although DI hasn't been all that helpful this year, I just took a quick peek.

Spoiler

Texting will decide this, so I guess we're getting whoever the tweens want.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

In the middle of a hair war with Alena Leonova.
    vCash
    I had to record and watch later, so I didn't get to vote. I watched the entire season, so this is how I feel:

#1 - Lauren. I think Mia's final comments summed it up. She's just incredible. She can do anything. Her body and her character are always so *there*, and she's so in tune with all music.

#2 - Kent. Although I don't love him in the way all the girlies do, he is a super strong, virtuosic dancer. Although in this finale he didn't have the greatest of dances, he did have a stronger overall season than Robert IMO.

#3 - Robert. He really has had two amazing shows in a row, but he was really weak during the rest of the season for me. He's so lanky, but he finds a way to bend and contract when he's not supposed to that diminishes him - he's just not finished enough. He's never gone over the top for me, whereas the others have.

But yeah, I was kinda feeling the gushfest that the judges were having. But of course both Adam and Nigel were pretty much useless and annoying in their comments.

Yep, I think Lauren should win it.

vCash
    I haven't watched the show since week 4 (I think) and I found out I haven't really missed it. I'll check who wins tonight- I expect it to be Kent, which is what I said from the very beginning.

I think I might be through with SYTYCD.

vCash
    I was at work last night and couldn't watch live. I'd give the night to Robert.

There's really just something about Lauren that I can't warm up to. I didn't think the dance with Pasha was that great, there were moments in it that looked downright akward to me, usually the moments right before a lift. Not sure if that's because of Lauren or Pasha. And I never like her solos because I can't get past the fact that her hair is always flinging in her face. When I heard Nappy Tabs was doing the choreography for her number with Twitch I kept wishing that it had been Dave Scott instead.

I thought Kent got a little hosed by the choreographers last night. I think Mandy Moore deserved to get blasted for that piece of crap she gave him and Lauren, I also thought the last routine (whatever it was called) with Robert was a hot mess, even in concept let alone how they danced. Wasn't that imrpessed with the Bollywood routine either, I think we've seen better choreographed routines already this season. I did like the Contemporary piece he did with Alison though. (but I have a secret love for Stacey Tookey - not so secret anymore I guess)

Maybe this makes me incredibly un-deep but I didn't get the pillow, even after it was explained to me in the package.

Anyway, these are my opinions. I'm used to not agreeing with anyone else here

(oh, Also I thought Mia was tolerable for the first time this season)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast