Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Or they could ask all alumni from Season 1-7 to come to Vegas to audition for an All Star Top 20. No age limits. They wouldn't all come, but it could be fun. Might level the playing field if Alex Wong comes back next year.
    I love the idea of this - but I'm pretty certain the judges (= Nigel) would decide ahead of time who they want to see and wouldn't really look at what happens on the stage in auditions, so might as well cut the expense of having a Vegas week and just name an All Star cast.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Finally able to post some thoughts....

Once Ken was eliminated, I could breathe easily as I was happy with either Kent or Lauren winning. I realize a lot of people warmed up to him as the season progressed, but I found him to be one of the most off-putting, annoying contestants the show has ever aired (more so than Benji Schwimmer). People as bitched all season about Kent's face-pulling, but Robert's mug IMO was far worse.

Anyways.....GO LAUREN!!! I figured the tween vote would crown him the winner, but Lauren pulled it off, and quite deservedly so. She's by far one of the most talented, versatile dancers the show has ever had.

Gotta say, though, that when this season first started, despite Lauren's talent, I was more than a tad blinded by Nigel's perviness for blondes (is he related to Morosov? ). Over the course of this season, however, she definitely grew on me.

After watching Lauren week after week, I finally decided she has a likeability that is genuine - for some reason, I get a bit of a young Meg Ryan vibe off of her - not so much in looks (although they are somewhat similar), but something about her facial expressions at times were quite similar, not to mention she has that "girl next door" thing going for her, even when she's sexed it up for the ChaChaCha and Argentinean Tango - pulling of smoldering sex appeal without coming across as sleazy.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingsit View Post
    Yay for Lauren!

I adored the opening group number, it was my favorite group routine of the whole season.

Mad World transcends the show, transcends TV, it makes me hold my breath through the entire piece.
    totally agree!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I love the idea of this - but I'm pretty certain the judges (= Nigel) would decide ahead of time who they want to see and wouldn't really look at what happens on the stage in auditions, so might as well cut the expense of having a Vegas week and just name an All Star cast.
    Or maybe the audience could vote at the end of the week for the all star cast.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Anyone else see Lauren on Regis and Kelly this morning? She did a solo and then chatted w/Regis and the fill in host for Kelly. The one thing that really amazed my Dad was her reply to Regis' question of what she was planning to w/the money...

I'm going to save it and put it somewhere I can't get at it easily. Seriously, an 18 year old w/that much money at their beck and call...Not a good idea!!
    Going from memory of course, but the "not a good idea" part is a direct quote from her answer and pretty impressive at that. As Dad said, there's been so many kids who made it big too soon and couldn't handle it. He started reeling off names of Hockey and Baseball Players, when I mentioned, "Don't forget to add Oksana Baiul to your list."

Granted, she wasn't the most stable of people, but having so much happen to her money and fame wise so young didn't help either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    It feels like Lauren will be known as the SYTYCD7 winner* - with the note that Alex wasn't there, and I think that's crap.
    I'm thinking that it'll be like in skating. Ardent, devoted, (and anal) fans of the show will assume that Lauren might have won because Alex wasn't there, and might asterix her win. But most people who watch the show will only remember that she won. Period.

I came into this season thinking it would be a disaster, and while I'm bummed about the lack of style diversity and the overall weak/generic group of women chosen, there were some really terrific dances this season and strong performances.
    I'm still disappointed in the lack of style diversity amongst the chosen dancers this season. I have more fun watching the show when there's more of a mix of styles.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Is there still a dance video thread? I tried to find it but can't. I keep finding these imo awesome Billy Bell videos. I would like to share dance videos and they aren't really sytycd related.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9xRkU9dTI8

vCash
    OT - But I had 2 of my questions answered by Alex Wong in one of his 21 questions threads on Facebook.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Isn't that though?

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Heads up for those who can still catch it...

Courtney G and Jason are on Dr. Oz's show today as part of the Dance as Exercise/Show and Embrass Dr. Oz feature of the show.

It's probally also up at his website.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910