Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I know a place...
    vCash
    My Dad's 6'4", but since he works for Air Canada, whenever he flies out from our airport his co-workers make a point of putting him in the emergency exit so he has a little extra space. Doesn't work so well flying home from other places though. The longest flights I ever had to take were Vancouver-Calgary and both times I ended up on decent sized Boeing's so I did alright. But Dash 8's are ridiculously small though, especially for someone of my Dads size.

vCash
    The Boeings that Continental flies internationally are 777's and 767's. The 777's are 3-3-3 in economy and the 767's are 2-3-2 in economy. Tight, and no legroom.

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    I think United has the same thing now. At least one of my recent flights had the same option. After the plane took off, some passengers in the "no leg room" seats tried to move up to the "extra leg room" seats but were stopped by the flight attendants. They were given the option of moving to the "extra leg room" seats - but they'd have to pay.
    United does have "extra leg room" seats, but even though the differential is the same (5"), because United starts with less leg room that Jet Blue, the bonus seats still aren't as roomy.

United is selling just about everything now. I recently paid an extra $50 for priority boarding because with the summer leisure crowds, it's like herding cattle getting on a plane.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    I hate to fly. hate. But this thread is making me grateful for my other times annoying 5 foot frame

vCash
    I think they should do away with seats. I think they should put rows of bunk beds. We could all fly horizontally. Three up, however many across. No seats getting pushed back to the limit so the person in front of you has their head in your lap. This could work!

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    so the person in front of you has their head in your lap. This could work!
    EYS!!!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    EYS!!!

3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    I think they should do away with seats. I think they should put rows of bunk beds. We could all fly horizontally. Three up, however many across. No seats getting pushed back to the limit so the person in front of you has their head in your lap. This could work!
    Eys from me, as well.

And I'll add that there should be doctors on board available to sedate nervous or claustrophobic passengers. Basically, just knock them out for the duration of the flight. It would make flying far less stressful for passengers and attendants alike.

vCash
    Each one alternating one facing up, the next facing down. Mmmmmm

vCash
    I don't know if anyone saw this JetBlue company blog post entitled "Sometimes the weird news is about us…"

http://blog.hellojetblue.com/blog/in...s-is-about-us/

The comments are so funny - here's my favorite one:
    Posted by NotRichard on August 11, 2010 at 6:25 pm .
    Actually, it sounds to me like JetBlue hasn’t been UNsupportive at all. They haven’t ACTUALLY fired him from my understanding, only suspended him pending a further investigation. I like the idea of reassigning him to the corporate training department to make videos that you could show during takeoff. Give him a zoloft and a week off, maybe hook him up with the people at Heineken for product endorsements (“When I snap, I like to grab a few green ones and head for the slopes!”), and put him to work making training videos (“please return your seats to the upright position, remain seated until the captain has extinguished the seatbelt light and remember all our attendants carry curare tipped blow darts!”)

vCash
    I subscribe to the "one idiot" theory. There's one idiot in any public place whose job is to make everyone else miserable. "One idiots" get in the experienced traveler lane at security, yet don't have a clue what to do. "One idiots" are responsible for traffic backing up as they decide to fish for the magazine at the bottom of their carry on while others are trying to get by. "One idiots" overfill the airline bins and get ticked off if the flight attendant suggests gate checking. "One idiots" bring their perfect children on board and don't supervise them during the flight. "One idiots" get totally drunk at the airport because they're afraid of flying.

The biggest problem is when you get two or more idiots on a flight. Extra points if one of them is on the flight crew.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    All I know is that I really would have liked to have left my last job via an evacuation schute with a beer in my hand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    EYS!!!
    But not facing down

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    Each one alternating one facing up, the next facing down. Mmmmmm
    Would the down facing ones have holes for faces like massage chairs?

I like Japanfan's idea about sedating the passengers who are nervous, etc. They should sedate unruly kids too.

vCash
    OMG, you gotta love the Cantonese coverage of this story, especially with the dramatic sound effect and his shirtless lover crawling into bed with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBvak...layer_embedded

vCash
    My one problem with this story is that he apparently told ALL the passengers to go %&^$# themselves. I can see his anger at the one passenger, as it was totally justified, but to say that to everyone on the plane? Then again I had a very bad experience on Air Tran with an awful female flight attendant a few years ago, whom I wrote to the airline about and got an 'oh well too bad' response back, so I guess I am not exactly an unbiased observer.
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzilla1 View Post
    My one problem with this story is that he apparently told ALL the passengers to go %&^$# themselves. I can see his anger at the one passenger, as it was totally justified, but to say that to everyone on the plane?
    I haven't read anything that said he told off the entire plane. The reports I read said that he used the loudspeaker to curse out the one passenger, then bid everyone a good day before he ...ahem... left abruptly.

I may have been sleepy, but I thought I heard an early-morning radio news report that said the airline was going to bill the PASSENGER in question for the slide deployment.

This is an intriguing article: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/08/...on-a-bit-much/

His defenders include his mother, his ex-wife and his boyfriend.
    To quote Seinfeld: not that there's anything wrong with that.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isk8NYC View Post
    I may have been sleepy, but I thought I heard an early-morning radio news report that said the airline was going to bill the PASSENGER in question for the slide deployment.
    I honest don't see how they can do that - they could sue but that's not the same as billing the pax.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzilla1 View Post
    My one problem with this story is that he apparently told ALL the passengers to go %&^$# themselves. I can see his anger at the one passenger, as it was totally justified, but to say that to everyone on the plane?
    I thought he said something like, "to the passenger who called me an MF, f**k you! i'm outta here."

Or similar.

Oh, I got called a stupid American by a Lufthansa gate agent. (He was speaking German. I lived in Germany for seven years...) Lufthansa was all like, oh, sorry, Germans can be abrupt. Um, no, that wasn't the word I would have chosen....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isk8NYC View Post
    I haven't read anything that said he told off the entire plane. The reports I read said that he used the loudspeaker to curse out the one passenger, then bid everyone a good day before he ...ahem... left abruptly.
    I read it in the original ABC article posted at the start of the thread. It says "At that point, the flight attendant got on the loud speaker, told those aboard to "go f*** themselves," grabbed a beer from the galley, deployed the chute and ran into the terminal. His car was parked at an employee lot and he drove home."

Have they retracted or put out a new article correcting it? From what you say there seem to be conflicting accounts out there....
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

vCash
    I read what PL read.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast