Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

Flight Attendants Swears at Passenger over Loudspeaker...

...and then escapes down an emergency chute, beer can in hand. Oh my.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jetblue-fli...ry?id=11361298
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Good grief, he just drove home?!!??

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    LOL! Sounds like he just had enough!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    This is funny.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    The grabbing a few beers before sliding down the chute was what really got me.

But, EYS, I also hate it when passengers get up to get their bags out of the bins before the "fasten seat belt" sign has been turned off... or before the plane has even stopped moving. Not sure about this particular case, but even if you have a tight connection, it's usually not worth the extra effort to jockey for position, especially if you're far back in the plane, will have to wait a while, and will be one of the last to get off anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post

And I'll bet he feels like a complete fool for allowing the stress of whatever it was that made his day such a bad one get to him. Aside from being charged and punished, and losing his job, his friends and family are going to be jibing him about this for the rest of his life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post

I remember quitting a job like this years and years ago. Only I didn't have the opportunity to grab a beer and slide down a chute like this lucky bastard.

Would have made the entire memory so much more and a much better story to tell.

vCash
    I hope the passenger is detained as well. As for the flight attendant, well, after twelve years in customer service jobs myself, I totally understand why he finally lost it.

I just wish I'd grabbed some beers on my way out as well.

vCash
    Yep, I think the passenger that refused to follow order should be fined or charged with something also. I bet you if we still have air marshal flying on planes, the passenger would've sat his behind right back down pronto.

I can understand the flight attendant losing his/her cool with the passenger but to inflate the emergency chute, slid down it and jumped into his car and drove away? Yikes. That's some mental issue right there, LOL. I guess his flight attendant days are over.

vCash
    Well, at least the plane was on the ground when he flipped out and popped the emergency chute. Grabbing the beers on the way out was a nice touch, though. Hope he had a chance to enjoy them before he was arrested.

I once quit a job like that -- I arrived at my office at 8:06, thoroughly wet and bedraggled after trudging to work about a mile through a heavy snowfall. My boss greeted me with "Good afternoon, skatingfan5" in a voice dripping with sarcasm. She then followed me as I went to hang up my snow covered hat, coat, muffler, mittens and delivered the last straw by uttering "You know we start work at 8 o'clock, don't you?". I snapped and said, "If you want me to quit, just say so. In fact, you don't even have to say so, I QUIT!!!!" I put on my coat and stomped out with her trailing behind saying "Wait! You don't want to act precipitously!" (She actually said precipitously ). My roommate couldn't figure out why I was back home before 8:30 but it really felt good to quit that job. I worked there just over a year -- in the following year they had 4 people in my old position -- one of whom lasted exactly one week. Obviously, it was not the ideal job for anyone.

vCash
    I believe that his mother is also terminally ill and doesn't have much longer to live. That might have been yet another mitigating circumstance.

vCash
    And he was hit in the head, you can see an abrasion on his right forehead. They are not sure if the passenger hit him with the luggage or he was hit by the overhead door, but still. I guess I can see why he was arrested, he shouldn't have released the emergency chute, but reckless endangerment? They were on the ground. The flight attendant was trying to maintain safety by telling this passenger to stop what he was doing.

The only thing reckless about this, that I see, is that, in this economy he just gave up a job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    And he was hit in the head, you can see an abrasion on his right forehead. They are not sure if the passenger hit him with the luggage or he was hit by the overhead door, but still. I guess I can see why he was arrested, he shouldn't have released the emergency chute, but reckless endangerment? They were on the ground. The flight attendant was trying to maintain safety by telling this passenger to stop what he was doing.

The only thing reckless about this, that I see, is that, in this economy he just gave up a job.
    The "reckless endangerment" is because releasing the chute could have had very bad consequences if someone (ground crew, etc.) were beneath it. Even though he definitely took things much too far, I can see how he may have been at the end of his rope, especially after being hit in the head by the luggage or door caused by the non-compliant passenger's actions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    The "reckless endangerment" is because releasing the chute could have had very bad consequences if someone (ground crew, etc.) were beneath it. Even though he definitely took things much too far, I can see how he may have been at the end of his rope, especially after being hit in the head by the luggage or door caused by the non-compliant passenger's actions.
    Yeah, that makes sense. I wasn't thinking about those on the ground.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Yeah, that makes sense. I wasn't thinking about those on the ground.
    That's the real issue; this guy had no way of knowing if anyone was directly under the chute when he opened it. If there had been someone there, they could have been killed.

vCash
    http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-of-flight/?hp

Mr. Slater’s court-appointed lawyer, Howard Turman, said that Mr. Slater’s activation of the slide was not reckless. He said Mr. Slater followed the proper procedure for activating the slide, checking out the window first to make sure no one was on the tarmac who could be struck by it.
    Law enforcement officials said that after the passenger cursed at Mr. Slater, he grabbed the intercom, cursed her out, bid passengers goodbye, grabbed a beer, and activated the inflatable exit chute.
    I love that he publicly cursed out the passenger - if she deserved it.

When asked why Mr. Slater chose to go avoid the conflict by taking the emergency slide, Mr. Turman replied, “It was right there.”
    For the most part I'm on Mr. Slater side, but this excuse from the lawyer is just stupid. I'm often frustrated by the slow process of people deboarding a plane, but I can't just deploy the emergency chute and slide down on it simply, because "it was righ there."

vCash
    Now there's a man who knows how to make a dramatic exit! ROFL

vCash
    I love that he "bid passengers goodbye".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I love that he "bid passengers goodbye".
    I keep picturing this as his version of a "board suicide" like we have seen here from time to time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I hope the passenger is detained as well. As for the flight attendant, well, after twelve years in customer service jobs myself, I totally understand why he finally lost it.

I just wish I'd grabbed some beers on my way out as well.
    I have empathy for the flight attendant as well. I've done plenty of flying lately and I always feel bad for them with all of the sh*t they have to put up with from bitchy passengers. Too many passengers take out their airline frustrations on flight attendants who almost always have nothing to do with the airline rules, delays, etc. I always try to be extra nice to the flight attendants on my flights because it's almost certain there are several jackasses on the flight who deserve to be shoved out the door and allowed to plummet to their deaths. I hope the lady that ignored this man's instructions and cursed him out is also taken to court & fined heavily.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast