Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    A pair of skates with Michelle, Dorothy & Nancy's autographs on them. Some awesome friends got me a backstage pass for a COI tour stop several years ago - I took some a pair of skates with me and they all graciously signed both skates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    All my podcasts.
    I like those, too!

My most treasured skating memorabilia is the program guide from the 1998 World Championships in Minneapolis. In it, I have autographs of Carol Heiss-Jenkins (she was completely charming), Randy Gardner (who was incredibly humble), Victor Petrenko (who was very nice and appreciative to every single one of the dozens of fans that were swarming him), and a number of others. But the best one was from Dorothy Hamill - she found an advertisement in the program guide for an alcoholic drink which has a picture of a burro on its back inside a wine glass with its hooves up in the air. She thought the picture was hilarious was laughing while she was autographing it.

I've also got a program from a professional competition with an autograph from Peggy Fleming - she was doing commentary across the aisle from where I was sitting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    I don't collect figure skating memorabelia - however, one kind person here on FSU was giving away several items, and I was able to get, amongst other things, something that may make others laugh, but which I love - a snow globe, which revolves and plays music, of Kristi Yamaguchi doing a spin. You can't tell it's Kristi. It looks like random female skater. It even has little snowflakes dangling off it. It's very cool.

I love snow globes, but don't own any, so this was a fun addition to my house.
    I no longer collect figure skating memorabelia. I've given it all away except for my Kristi globe. I also have one of Peggy (or is it Dorothy?) and Michelle. I think they came from Hallmark. Mine are stored with Christmas decorations that I no longer use. Maybe I'll get them out this holiday season.

vCash
    -Kurt Browning's autograph - technically my mother's from a golf tournament he was at
    -My ticket from the FD at this year's Olys, plus the two of the skating pins from it
    -A list of competitors from 2009 4CC, the first event I attended

vCash
    Not an actual "thing," but I ended up sitting next to Katarina Witt at the 2005 Skate America in Atlantic City. My friend, a total skating celebrity stalker (kidding, kind of), was sitting on my other side and practically did somersaults in his seat, he was so excited.

I just stayed calm and to myself, and she ended up talking to me a little bit. She was really friendly and sweet.

vCash
    Being kissed to the cheek by Gwendal Peizerat 2000 and John Kerr 2006.

vCash

Smile

I have Jeffrey Buttle's skates (autographed) that he wore in Sweden to win his World Championship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    my "Passion Lives Here" banner from the Palavela, I had to stand on some camera guy to steal it
    I wanted one of those too, but never found the right moment to "retrieve" one, LOL!
    Hmmm I have so many craploads of random stuff but I think some of the importand (for me) could be...

- a Candeloro autograph I got at Euros 98 - it was my very first one, at the first international competition I ever attended... I was thrilled!
    - a good luck charm Massi & Fede gave to me (and my friends) at the first ever dinner we had as a group of friends possibly 6 years ago, I still have it in my wallet
    - all the 06 Olympic Volunteer's stuff, and in particular a little key that worked the coke/assorted drinks machines in the Village, which I got from the ITA team leader as he wasn't using it and it help me and my friend have free drinks during Olys in the village (the machines didn't take money, just the free key!). Not a big thing because the TL was not even using it, but it was very useful for us!
    - the "staff" sweatshirt from Nats 2008, because I worked organizing those and on the back there's a BIG logo, which I planned, drew and developed!
    - lots of random passes I have - like a chaperone bus pass (Euros 2002, Lausanne) which I used, even if was issued to PMM's dad (but it had no photo, andd he gave it to me when he left, LOL), a coach pass (Euros 2010, Tallinn) which in the end I did not even use but had been given to me "just in case I didn't find a ticket for the FD" by a coach of another discipline, who was leaving... plus a crapload of passes issued to my name as volunteer, staff, journalist, etc
    ....omg more I think of this theme, more things come to mind...

vCash
    I have many autographes and books, along with pictures. My favorite pieces are:
    2008-2009 SOI Program with everyone's autograph but Sasha.
    A newspaper article and picture with Sarah Hughes and my skaters group just after September 11, 2001. She had to train on Long Island at the time, and we would just be finished skating, so we'd talk while she'd be warming up and stretching. Of course we all know, she went on to winning the 2002 Olympics.
    My autographed copy of "My Sergei."
    And my Lenox figurine of Katia Gordeeva's "A Celebration Of Life."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12