my figure skating clock
    Sonja Henie photo
    skating cards and stamps
    yamaguchi autograph
    weiss autograph
    Kerrigan autograph
    yagudin, butyskaya, nnn photos

vCash
    My autographed Stars on Ice Canada picture is my absolute favourite. Next to that, I'd have to say my autographed photo with Michelle Kwan from Skate America 2002. She was on our flight home! That's a close one though with my autographed Victor Kraatz skates...this thread is making me remember all of my favourite skating memories! Thanks, DickButtonFan!

vCash
    Mine are pretty much all the autographs and photos I've ever got from skaters especially my photos with Tomas Verner, both Alban and Brian together and John Kerr.

But there are also some specials:
    - an autographed photo Margarita Drobiazko and Povilas Vanagas sent me by mail - my first ever skating memorabilia, which I got even before seing skating live for the first time
    - a Scottish tartan scarf I got from the Kerrs' parents in Zagreb 2008
    - a little vid of me chatting with the Kerrs that someone took in Zagreb and I then found in the net by accident
    - a backstage pass I unexpectadly got from Povilas during a show in Vilnius
    - may be silly but a teddy bear I was supposed to throw to the ice for Tomas, but somehow forgot and so it stayed with me, I named it Kick-ass and it's now on my bed reminding me of my love for figure skating

vCash
    I have none.

Don't tell my sister-in-law. In her delusional imaginary world, I have hundreds of porcelain figurines of my favorite skaters.

If anyone has ever seen such a thing, do let me know. They might be mine.

vCash
    My Kimmie-signed skates Sadly they're too broken down to actually skate around in anymore, but still cool!

I know a place...
    vCash
    My Kurt Browning autograph on the back of his boarding pass that my dad, who works for Air Canada, got me last Christmas. Seriously the most awesome Christmas gift he could have got me.

Vacant
    vCash
    My prized possessions are:

my figure skating video library,
    my pin collection from Nationals, Worlds and Europeans,
    and my book and magazine collection which dates back to the '40's for magazines and the 19th century for books!!

It takes up practically a whole room which my other half hates, but I luuurves it. It's my own personal miniscule version of the World Skating Museum

......Ok I'm really sad

vCash
    "My Sergei" ! And other books.

vCash
    When I was ten, I got the Michelle Kwan computer game, which came with a replica of her necklace. I wore it for ages and was so upset when it got lost. If I still had it, I'd probably wear it occasionally.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    My extensive collection of pictures of skater's butts. Taken when I attended numerous competitions. No, I am not a pervert. Just a really bad photographer with a very bad sense of timing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mmscfdcsu View Post
    My extensive collection of pictures of skater's butts. Taken when I attended numerous competitions. No, I am not a pervert. Just a really bad photographer with a very bad sense of timing.
    I used to have a book that was just photos of mens' butts. Can't remember who the photographer was. Randy Gardner seemed very excited to be included.

vCash
    The only eligible skating event that I've been to was the 2003 Worlds in D.C. I got autographs of MK, Plushy, KVP, Mishin, Goeble and a few others on my ticket stub.

vCash
    My collection of skating videos, which I keep on 2 different drives so that I don't lose them.

And especially my 1981 Worlds pin from Hartford (the first big championship I ever attended live):

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    my "Passion Lives Here" banner from the Palavela, I had to stand on some camera guy to steal it
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    my photos taken with the skaters we've been fortunate enough to meet

Kurt's autograph on my A is for Axel book

having the opportunity to talk to the skaters (usually after a practice or after the competition) - priceless!

my skating book collection, especially Skate Talk by Steve Milton

a little red plush corvette I got as a freebee at 2003 Worlds

vCash
    I have no memorabilia, but I'm proud of sharing something with my favourite skaters
    I attended the show with all Russian stars right after the Torino Olympics. I was dying to give something to - Totmianina/Marinin, but my friend invited me the last moment so I could find nothing better but a plush hippo . After their performance I threw the toy on the ice but it fell 5cm before. I was crushed . Luckily a little girl who was picking the flowers took the toy and gave it to Tatiana. That was the biggest toy she was holding. I was in the seventh heaven
    I'm pretty sure they give all toys to orphanages, and that is also so nice of them.

vCash
    I used to have a book that was just photos of mens' butts. Can't remember who the photographer was. Randy Gardner seemed very excited to be included.
    Christie Jenkins. I have the book too there are a couple other skaters in the book too.

I have so much stuff, probably enough to fill a room. I have books going back to the 1800's, programs back to the 1920's, pins, magazines, books, etc. To pick a few favourites though...

Personal letter I got from Victor Kraatz responding to a scrapbook I made him.
    Gold medal that was presented to me by Don Jackson (when our synchro team competed in Ottawa).
    Many autographs from Kurt that were sent from Caroline, most favourite is the one with the return address of simply - Kurt!
    My Denise Beillmann autograph - my dad worked with a relative of hers and she got an autograph for me during a visit.
    Photos (and memories) of visiting Brian Orsers mom in Penetang and getting the opportunity to see and hold all of his medals, including the world championship and Olympic medals.

vCash
    I don't collect figure skating memorabelia - however, one kind person here on FSU was giving away several items, and I was able to get, amongst other things, something that may make others laugh, but which I love - a snow globe, which revolves and plays music, of Kristi Yamaguchi doing a spin. You can't tell it's Kristi. It looks like random female skater. It even has little snowflakes dangling off it. It's very cool.

I love snow globes, but don't own any, so this was a fun addition to my house.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    All my podcasts.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    All my podcasts.
    I treasure your podcasts, also!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast