Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Delete..
    Last edited by Lookingood; 08-09-2010 at 10:19 PM.

Vacant
    vCash
    Thanks for the link burntBREAD. A true lutz take off but she's a bit off in the air and of course underrotated hence the swinging leg. But an outside edge is an outside edge. Some people seem to forget that she has infact already been credited with a true lutz in the 2008-09 season.

All power to the girl. To re-work all your jumps at the peak of your career is RISKY stuff but this is Mao. Say what you like about her, she sure does it her way and I admire her for her hard work, determination to be the very best skater that she can be and above all, not be afraid to fail in the short term in order to succeed later on. That takes a lot of maturity and personal insight to deal with, especially when your every move on the ice is scrutinised by the ever present Japanese media.

vCash
    Mao's Lutz in the gif file posted by burntBREAD looks to me to be 100% perfect, as in Miki Ando or Joannie Rochette perfect. By the way I think that shot is the same we see in the second youtube link posted by NMURA (starting about minute 1:03). I played that vid in very slow, slow motion, and, looking between the writing, I saw--bing--a very good Lutz and very high.

Consistency and performance under pressure are the next issues for Mao to address in her Lutz.

vCash
    Looking at the clip, I see a déjà vu of 2008 when Tarasova proudly declared to the world that Asada has fixed the lutz. We all know how that ended.

I sincerely hope this is not a mere sugar coating and she corrects her lutz, but don't think disclosing to the media before achieving a legitimate progress will do her any good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    Looking at the clip, I see a déjà vu of 2008 when Tarasova proudly declared to the world that Asada has fixed the lutz. We all know how that ended.

I sincerely hope this is not a mere sugar coating and she corrects her lutz, but don't think disclosing to the media before achieving a legitimate progress will do her any good.
    The truth is during 08-09 season, Mao never got an "e" call. You could say her lutz was not stable, but an outside edge is an outside edge.
    BTW. I really don't understand why you bother to appear in Mao threads. Why bother to spend time on someone you doesn't like?

vCash
    Probably what RumbleFish saw as a "flutz" is actually a flip. Sometimes they are confusing but the edges are clearly different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WayCon View Post
    Mao's Lutz in the gif file posted by burntBREAD looks to me to be 100% perfect, as in Miki Ando or Joannie Rochette perfect. By the way I think that shot is the same we see in the second youtube link posted by NMURA (starting about minute 1:03). I played that vid in very slow, slow motion, and, looking between the writing, I saw--bing--a very good Lutz and very high.

Consistency and performance under pressure are the next issues for Mao to address in her Lutz.
    I don't think it's from the 2nd youtube link posted by NMURA. (but currently deleted by the uploader.)
    Frame by frame, I captured the 2nd 2Lz not blocked by subtitles because I couldn't sure whether the jump is a lutz or flutz.

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9...100808lutz.png

Way better as it was but hard to say it is clean correct take-off. For me, the final take-off edge in the picture is not that different with her edge of flip.

Beside that, the toe is not picking an ice at all. With a full blade, pre-rotation more than 1/4 and forward jump it is.

Of course, it's just a practice clip, I'm not a TP, no slo-mo to judge the take-off edge and You/I need not to conclude the jump this early. I know them very well. It's just my opinion.

And one thing clear is she can do Lz from time to time.

vCash
    Mao and her coach said that she's re-working on her jumps techniques. They never said that her jumps were fixed, and she's ready to go. Why can't we be satisfied with the fact that she's working very hard to fix her jumps?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tianrushui View Post
    The truth is during 08-09 season, Mao never got an "e" call. You could say her lutz was not stable, but an outside edge is an outside edge.
    BTW. I really don't understand why you bother to appear in Mao threads. Why bother to spend time on someone you doesn't like?
    After you.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...27&postcount=2

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash
    Glad that Mao is working on a lutz, but she apparently fixed it in summer of 2008, only for the flutz to come back in Jan 2009! Hopefully this won't be the case again!

Is she planning a 3lutz in the SP too? Glad she's going for two different 3+3's in the LP this season (like in 08) but i'm not completely happy with the idea of two 3A's in the LP too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallcolor View Post
    but i'm not completely happy with the idea of two 3A's in the LP too
    Why? Points, points, points. The axel is one of her best jumps, and with the new rules a triple axel cheated between 1/4-1/2 rotations can still gain more points than a very good double axel with +1 GOE. None of the the triple axels downgraded this seasons were cheated more then 1/2 of a revolution. I support her decision fully.

vCash
    Looking at the series of screen shots (well done, Runnershigh) I believe I see a perfect Lutz. I would say that Mao's jump isn't flutzed, based on what I believe is the criterion for a proper Lutz (or was the criterion last I heard) which is really the knee--whether or not it rolls over to the inside. We see that Mao's knee is still to the outside in images three and four. Note that by image four there is considerable ice coming off from the blade, and, thus, the blade is already snapping/skidding into the takeoff. I don't imagine a judge would consider that jump e-ed or even !-ed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WayCon View Post
    Looking at the series of screen shots (well done, Runnershigh) I believe I see a perfect Lutz. I would say that Mao's jump isn't flutzed, based on what I believe is the criterion for a proper Lutz (or was the criterion last I heard) which is really the knee--whether or not it rolls over to the inside. We see that Mao's knee is still to the outside in images three and four. Note that by image four there is considerable ice coming off from the blade, and, thus, the blade is already snapping/skidding into the takeoff. I don't imagine a judge would consider that jump e-ed or even !-ed.
    Truly, I respect your point of view.
    FYI, no ! from the next season.

vCash
    Death to the !

vCash
    Oh, I liked the !. I liked there to be a differentiation between, for example, a Kanako flutz and a Mirai flutz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Oh, I liked the !. I liked there to be a differentiation between, for example, a Kanako flutz and a Mirai flutz.
    Agreed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    All power to the girl. To re-work all your jumps at the peak of your career is RISKY stuff but this is Mao. Say what you like about her, she sure does it her way and I admire her for her hard work, determination to be the very best skater that she can be and above all, not be afraid to fail in the short term in order to succeed later on. That takes a lot of maturity and personal insight to deal with, especially when your every move on the ice is scrutinised by the ever present Japanese media.
    I agree, but question whether it is really possible for her to successfully rework all her jumps at this stage of her career. And, whether the cost in term of program quality and PCS scores may be too high.

Whether this strategy will work in the long run remains to be seen - and I hope it will, as Mao is my favourite lady - but I have my doubts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    Way better as it was but hard to say it is clean correct take-off. For me, the final take-off edge in the picture is not that different with her edge of flip.

Beside that, the toe is not picking an ice at all. With a full blade, pre-rotation more than 1/4 and forward jump it is.
    My thoughts exactly. I would call it a loop with a strange entrance rather than a lutz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tianrushui View Post
    I haven't looked at protocols, but I do remember bunch of popped and doubled jumps during TEB, 4CC, WC,.. whatelse?

I read and post in her threads because I find her and her fans entertaining and adorable.

vCash
    A new video.

Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    I read and post in her threads because I find her and her fans entertaining and adorable.
    Yeah, we are adorable, huh?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast