Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    As the person who started this thread, may I ask we stick to the subject, the show itself?

If anyone wants to speak ill of Yuna's attempt to bring one more skating show to the US, there is an open agora called Trash Can readily available. Please make your own thread there.

Now, IMO right pricing of the tickets can definitely play a part for the show's success. The last show Yuna put together in Seoul saw its average ticket price around $130 US, $170 being for the premium seats, and still about 35,000 tickets were sold. I doubt the same pricing will work for her LA show though.

What was the average ticket price like for 2009 Worlds? Her firm might want to benchmark that.
    Last edited by amaro; 08-12-2010 at 07:00 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    I do wonder what they were thinking, though, when they picked the dates, with so many skaters already committed to other shows on/around those dates. I think it would really help sales if she can get Kwan to skate in this show (not to mention being a treat for her US fans). It has been years since Kwan has performed live in the US.

Yes. This is the second time this year Yuna picked exactly the same dates as other shows. First she picked the same dates as The Ice, IMG show in July, and now again she picked the same dates as Japan Open, Carnival on Ice, another IMG show/competition. IMG might be puzzled and wondering why Yuna always loves to pick the same dates as their shows.
    Last edited by galaxy; 08-12-2010 at 09:08 AM.

vCash
    Considering Staples Center was packed for Worlds, I wouldn't be surprised if a large number of people show up to the show. It just depends on pricing. SOI to me is too expensive. Decent seats are, what, $100 a pop? I paid day-of prices for my Worlds tickets and I still was like "OMG, this is a lot of money!". Worth it, but still.

vCash

Korea Town

Remember, Korea Town is only a short distance down Olympic Blvd from the Staple Center. So many local Koreans will probably attend. Anne

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Well there's now a thread on this show here, so I'm closing this one.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345