Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The "NICE" Admin
    vCash

Nobunari Oda talks about married life

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...00010-oric-ent

Nobunari Oda appeared on a TV show "Ame agari Club" and talked about life being married. The MC of this program is Ame agari kesshitai. Oda is a huge fan of them.

Pics from the program
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/photo/7...001280982876L/
    (One shot shows them eating an egg dish cooked by Oda's wife)

- His wife scolds him a lot of his sloppy life style and "we often get into arguments about that." such as:

1) The way he folds the laundry
    2) How he does the dishes
    3) He forgets to turn off the water
    Ame agari kesshitai read a letter from Oda's wife and pointed out that Oda thinks "he can work through anything somehow".

- He'll be a father in October. "I want to be by her side when she gives birth." (It's possible because he will be in Japan around that time).

- His wife makes him lunch everyday.

- When asked if he's making money, Oda replied "My income is less than the expense." He's still red even if he wins a GP event.
    "If my child wants to play a sport, I'd recommed one that will bring in more money".

Edited to add:
    The program will be aired on August 7th, 18:30 (Kansai area only).

vCash
    Thank you for sharing this!

I hope everything turns out great and that they'll be very happy together with their baby, with happiness and health!

vCash
    Wow, October already? He looks really happy.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Hey Mrs. Oda; he DOES the dishes, and folds laundry!! Complaints can be kept at a minimum!
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    I can't believe he is married with a baby on the way! he looks so young...how old is he again? 23?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KayMil01 View Post
    I can't believe he is married with a baby on the way! he looks so young...how old is he again? 23?
    Yes, he's 23 years old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MINAM View Post
    - His wife scolds him a lot of his sloppy life style and "we often get into arguments about that." such as:

1) The way he folds the laundry,
    2) How is does the dishes
    3) He forgets to turn off the water
    Uh...isn't that the woman's job?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Hey Mrs. Oda; he DOES the dishes, and folds laundry!! Complaints can be kept at a minimum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    What century do you live in?

vCash
    maybe because his wife is pregnant so he has to do these jobs instead of her? LOL

vCash
    Perhaps this is the norm. in Japanese culture? I wish it was the norm. in American culture!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Perhaps this is the norm. in Japanese culture? I wish it was the norm. in American culture!
    Unless life in Japan has changed tremendously, America is still way ahead in terms of men doing domestic stuff.

Probably he folds the laundry and does the dishes only occasionally - otherwise I'm sure he would have learned to do these chores properly in accord with his wife's specifications.
    Last edited by Japanfan; 08-08-2010 at 08:58 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post

I dunno, I always found charming about Nobunari that he always seemed to value family life very high and didn't seem to be afraid of sharing the responsibilities in a marriage. When he went to America to work with Morozov, he had to live alone, and later he said in an interview that he thinks he would made a good househusband, because he learned to cook well and take care of the house.
    Kinda refreshing when all the men in my house react to being asked to clean up after themselves as if I asked them to run through the city nekkid...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Unless life in Japan has changed tremendously, America is still way ahead in terms of men doing domestic stuff.

Probably he folds the laundry and does the dishes only occasionally - otherwise I'm sure he would have learned to do these chores properly in accord with his wife's specifications.
    I think men's perception towards domestic chores have changed quite a bit in Japan in the recent years - especially amongst younger ones. At least younger men don't automatically assume that's women's job, and feels fair enough to do their share. Moreover, more men live on their own when younger and thus have no choice but to learn to do domestic chores. (I haven't lived in Japan for many years, but I can see the difference in my cousins, friends and friends' partners - and am delighted!)

The assumption you made about Oda is a touch unfair, I think. He's been married only for 3 months or so (and he was away in Canada for training and choreography for quire a while since), and before then he always lived with his parents. He's perhaps just learning to help out domestically. All I can say is - way to go, Nobu! Keep up with your hard work both on and off the ice!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MINAM View Post
    He'll be a father in October. "I want to be by her side when she gives birth." (It's possible because he will be in Japan around that time).
    Aww
    When asked if he's making money, Oda replied "My income is less than the expense." He's still red even if he wins a GP event.
    Boo
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

on my couch awaitin' Figure Skating season
    vCash
    I was hoping to see a pic of him & his wife. He looks so incredibly young! Much happiness to the both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mmot View Post
    The assumption you made about Oda is a touch unfair, I think. He's been married only for 3 months or so (and he was away in Canada for training and choreography for quire a while since), and before then he always lived with his parents. He's perhaps just learning to help out domestically. All I can say is - way to go, Nobu! Keep up with your hard work both on and off the ice!
    Fair enough, but how long does it take a 23 year old to learn to fold clothes and wash dishes?

Mr. Japanfan would probably say I haven't learned to do dishes in 17 years, but that's just because he likes to get on a high horse because the dishes are one of his chores (and often the only one with regard to housework). And he acts like he deserves a cheering section just because he does the dishes.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I doubt Oda doesn't know how to fold clothes or do dishes. He lived alone in the US, looked presentable in candid photos off the ice, and didn't die of food poisoning. He probably has different standards and/or techniques than his wife.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Boy, have I been outta the loop. I didn't even know that he got married...

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Fair enough, but how long does it take a 23 year old to learn to fold clothes and wash dishes?
    Everybody has their own way of doing things. I took the article to mean that Oda was saying she scolded him because he wasn't doing it the way she liked it done.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast