Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Adam Lambert's live CD (I had to get David Cook's wretched new CD out of my car, so I wrestled that sucker open and popped in immediately. MUCH better. Um, Kruss isn't in this thread, is she?),
    I was wondering how long it would take you to finally say something like that about Cook's latest. Sad that his own self-produced/written music is the best of the lot, though I wouldn't go far as to call his latest "wretched."

No Borders sale for me because they're already gone in my city. And B&N won't be tempting me to buy a Nook because of their in-store service since they are gone, too.

vCash
    I went to my local Borders today. Pickings sure are slim, and discounts are only 10% on about 1/2 the stuff. Very busy though.
    (and Barnes & Noble is across the street).

vCash
    The discounts went up a bit. Everything is at least 20% off. Travel is now 20% off. I should probably wait until it hits 30% so I don't go nuts....

But 40% is still the max off at the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    The discounts went up a bit. Everything is at least 20% off. Travel is now 20% off. I should probably wait until it hits 30% so I don't go nuts.... But 40% is still the max off at the moment.
    Thanks for the update. I'll stop by my store again tomorrow after work and if the three books I wanted to buy last week are now 20% off, I'll pick them up. I don't expect anything to be marked down below 40% until it's the last week or so, whenever that might be. I think that all stores were to be closed by September, in which case there's only another 4 weeks left.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Store guy said the warehouses would be cleared out and then they'd close. He wasn't certain how many new releases were in the warehouses. I'm waiting till Tuesday to make another trip in case they have the new Preston/Child or I have to hunt a copy down. I'll stock up on mysteries when the price hits 40%. And don't forget the extra 10% for Borders plus is only good through the 5th.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Borders tweeted today they're still sending remaining merchandise to the stores, so don't give up hope getting good stuff cheaply. And if you do go in, hug a bookseller!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I have a list for my Tuesday shopping spree. The remaining Wallender series, the rest of Louise Penny's series, and some other series that I'm missing a book or two. And hoping they had the new Pendergast in the warehouse so I can read it first and taunt PL with hints about what happened.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I have a list of books that I want, but I don't know if I feel like trying to find them since someone mentioned upthread that the computers aren't available anymore. Obviously I know what on my list is fiction vs. non-fiction. One of the books I want to buy is The Help and that should be easy to find since it is on the bestseller list. We'll see if I have enough energy after work today to go there. And then there's always the chance I'll find lots of books I didn't know I needed.
    Last edited by Stefanie; 07-29-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    If ignorance is bliss, I'm overjoyed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I have a list for my Tuesday shopping spree. The remaining Wallender series, the rest of Louise Penny's series, and some other series that I'm missing a book or two. And hoping they had the new Pendergast in the warehouse so I can read it first and taunt PL with hints about what happened.

If they have it, I may buy it as well. So there.

I just finished Room. I thought it was well done, especially since I was worried that a five year old narrator might be a bit....twee. But she kept the voice consistent through the whole thing. The only thing I'm not sure I bought completely into was

Spoiler

vCash
    Borders put out some new books yesterday. Those interested should probably pop in and see if anything new they might like has come in.

There were a few new magazines as well, but more like "annuals", not monthlies. Stuff like "Famous Golf Guy's Guide to Golf" - that type of thing.

The "Pole Dancer" magazine still seems to be fully in stock. Hmm... guess there aren't a lot of pole dancers in Northern NJ. :shrugs:
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324