Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Yu-Na Kim at City Hall.

http://hen434.xanga.com/731252208/item/

vCash
    Last edited by riveredge; 08-07-2010 at 02:04 PM.

vCash
    why should a NON-Citizen get an day in U.S.
    does other countries give days to atheles from other countries, no
    I think it is a slap in the face to all American Born Citizens, who are atheles , saying they aren't good enough. YOU have to be a non-citizen to get a day here in the U.s
    They have officially politicized this.
    Korea american has a right to be proud of yu-na, but not a right to declare a day for a non-citizen. sorry-it is how i feel.
    Than tara should have a day, michelle should have a day, kristi should have a day, lorena ochoa should have a day, serena and venus williams should have day,
    can't single her out just because she is korean /
    I can see the American korean citizens being proud of yu-na as well as jewis people being proud of sasha , tara, german people of carol heiss, katarina witt, but did they get a day in the U.s. why single her out of korea-why not a ye yang day, or si rei pak day here int he us. too many other good atheles from other sports in korea than should get they own day, like chinese should have they day for their skaters (athletes,) i am one if you give a day for a non-citizen for one you should give them for al

for me now they have officially gone overboard and to much yu-na

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by query5 View Post
    I think it is a slap in the face to all American Born Citizens, who are atheles , saying they aren't good enough. YOU have to be a non-citizen to get a day here in the U.s
    Korea american has a right to be proud of yu-na, but not a right to declare a day for a non-citizen. sorry-it is how i feel.
    Than tara should have a day, michelle should have a day, kristi should have a day, lorena ochoa should have a day, serena and venus williams should have day,
    I can see the American korean citizens being proud of yu-na as well as jewis people being proud of sasha , tara, german people of carol heiss, katarina witt, but did they get a day in the U.s. why single her out of korea-why not a ye yang day, or si rei pak day here int he us. too many other good atheles from other sports in korea than should get they own day, like chinese should have they day for their skaters (athletes,) i am one if you give a day for a non-citizen for one you should give them for al

vCash

Chiiiiiiillllllllll.

vCash

Talking

I will give you a big LOL. Stop being so jealous Calm down!

vCash

Yuna Kim made honorary citizen of Los Angeles

Pics
    http://sports.media.daum.net/general...00807185114643
    http://hen434.xanga.com/731252208/item/

News clips
    KBS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umNL1oTrq6k
    SBS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JbfVqD3Tgg
    MBC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iWmXEEFVW8
    LA18 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdZ1fGQ2IS4

Yonhap news
    http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/nati...01200315F.HTML
    "Los Angeles is very special for me as I became the world champion here in 2009. It's a great honor to be an honorary citizen of this city," said the 19-year-old at a special ceremony held at the Los Angeles City Council.

On Tuesday, the L.A. City Council unanimously passed a resolution to mark Aug. 7 as "Yu-Na Kim Day," which was submitted by council members Herb Wesson and Tom LaBonge. Both councilmen represent Korean communities in their respective districts.

Kim was greeted by Wesson and received the citizenship paper and the table of "Yu-na Kim Day" from him.

She autographed four ice skating boots, which will be kept permanently in the city hall.

Kim will head to Toronto, Canada, on Sunday where she trains with Canadian coach Brian Orser to prepare for the new season.
    (Source: YNKF)

vCash
    Career highlights of Dr. Sammy Lee, who will be receiving the "Proud Korean" award later today along with Yu-Na Kim.

- Born in 1920 to a Korean immigrant family, who first came to the US as plantation worker.
    - Retired Physician (MD from USC).
    - Retired Major, US Army Medical Corps.
    - First Asian-American to win an Olympic gold for the U.S. (1948 London, 1952 Helsinki, both in 10m Platform).
    - 1948 London Olympic Bronze medalist in 3m Springboard.
    - First man to win back-to-back gold medals in Olympic platform diving.
    - 1953 James E. Sullivan Award, awarded to the most outstanding US amateur athlete.
    - Inducted into the US Olympic Hall of Fame and the Int'l Swimming Hall of Fame.
    - The WHOSAM Award given by USA Diving is named after Sammy Lee.
    - Served on the President's Council for Physical Fitness during five US presidential administrations.
    - Coached US Olympic gold medalists Pat McCormick, Bob Webster, and Greg Louganis.
    - Coach of the 1960 US Olympic diving team.
    - Coach of the 1964 Japanese and Korean Olympic diving teams.
    - It was not until 1948 at the age of 28 that Dr. Lee first competed in the Olympics, since the games were suspended in 1940 and 1944.
    - In 1952 London games, Dr. Lee was then the oldest diver to win an Olympic gold.
    - Dr. Lee introduced "The Sammy", a small towel used by virtually all divers.

Dr. Lee is 90 and reportedly in good health. It is surprising the Korean-American community waited this long to give him the award. The former recipients were mostly politicians and high-rank government officials.
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 08-08-2010 at 02:58 AM.

vCash
    Is it true that Yuna will going to host an ice show in LA on Oct. 2 and 3? Someone who attended the ceremony just said that Yuna announced it.

vCash
    Let's just wait for the official announcement.

vCash
    Yuna Kim announced during her banquet ceremony tonite in Los Angeles that she will host an ice show in L.A. on October 2 & 3. More when available.

(Posted by an attendee at banquet on Korean Skating Forum @ gall.dcinside). We should get confirmation on this Sunday or Monday.
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    It is said that Yu-Na will perform in L.A. Oct 2-3, so it's not confirmed yet whether Yu-Na will be the host of the show.

vCash
    A korean media source Yonhap News, has confirmed the story (written in Korean - no English version yet).

An inside source @ U.S. Figure Skating learned last week from a returnee at the All That Skate 2010 gala that this Los Angeles show was going to happen but wasn't public yet. According to this same source, Both Michelle Kwan and Jeremy Abbott have been invited to take part.
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    A korean media source Yonhap News, has confirmed the story (written in Korean - no English version yet).

An inside source @ U.S. Figure Skating learned last week from a returnee at the All That Skate 2010 gala that this Los Angeles show was going to happen but wasn't public yet. According to this same source, Both Michelle Kwan and Jeremy Abbott have been invited to take part.
    Yay~ If this happens, Michelle will be skating for the first time in more than 4 years before American audience. I am going to be at the show as I will be staying in L.A. early October!
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 08-08-2010 at 07:44 AM.

vCash
    Yu-na was awarded $10,000 as an additional prize today and decided to donate to UNICEF.

What a sweetie..
    Last edited by Harryharry; 08-08-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryharry View Post
    Yu-na was awarded $10,000 as an additional prize today and decided to donate to UNICEF.

What a sweetie..

Vintage Yuna.

Banned Member
    vCash
    The show will be held at Staple Center on Oct 2nd-3rd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12