vCash

Tickets for NHK 2010

Any information of how and when to get tickets for this event ??

Thanks for the help

vCash
    Good luck! Last year when I went to NHK, we only got tickets because my friend with whom I went had contacts in Japan who bought them for us. Otherwise, we never would have been able to attend.

I believe that we may have been the only non-Asian fans there. In fact, on the Monday after competition, we were eating breakfast at the McDonalds in Nagano and sitting next to us was a very handsome, distinguished Caucasian gentleman. All of a sudden, he asked us, "Were you here for NHK?" When we said yes, he asked us if we had a skater and when we indicated no, he was shocked that we were fans who had come all the way over to attend. He turned out to be Paul Poirer's father!

vCash
    I'm interesting to buy the tickets too. Is it possible to buy the ticket if I'm not Japanese?

vCash
    Will it be broadcast on any of the satellite channels?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justAfsfan View Post
    I'm interesting to buy the tickets too. Is it possible to buy the ticket if I'm not Japanese?
    You don't have to be Japanese, I believe that it's just extraordinarily difficult if you are not in Japan and/or don't read Japanese.

vCash
    If you are in Japan, public sale starts at 10:00am on Aug 21st, and pre-sales (by lottery) start from this weekend.

Otherwise, there is a phone number for general inquiry in English on the JSF announcement for NHK Trophy : 03-5405-8686 (From abroad: +81 3 5405 8686)
    It also lists another number for ticket inquiry: 0570-06-9999, but I am not sure this number can be reached from abroad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post
    If you are in Japan, public sale starts at 10:00am on Aug 21st, and pre-sales (by lottery) start from this weekend.
    If I can find someone in Japan to get ticket for me, how does it work? by phone? by internet? or someone has to go to ticket office to get it?
    Thanks in advance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by newfsfan View Post
    If I can find someone in Japan to get ticket for me, how does it work? by phone? by internet? or someone has to go to ticket office to get it?
    Presales are usually on Internet. Sometimes other options are available.

Public sales are similar to the above plus by phone. Sometimes you can buy a ticket at one of the ticket vendor offices by standing in line for a long time, but I do not know if they give this option for this event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post

I believe that we may have been the only non-Asian fans there.
    Nop I was there too and I am non Asian.