Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Really Fun Bridal Shower Games

I am in the bridal party and everything is set to go except what we will be doing for games...lol!!

Shower is next Sunday and I went online to find some fun games and they are so boring.

Has anyone been to one and does any game really stand out for you that was a lot of fun??

The group is going to be with all our girl friends so anything goes...
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    every game I was ever subjected to made me want to die

can't you just drink and eat?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    every game I was ever subjected to made me want to die

can't you just drink and eat?
    ITA! Those things are the worst. Almost as much fun as half assed teambuilding things at work. At least have an area where those not interested in the games can talk with each other.

vCash
    Let me just say that our group of friends will be all for the games...heck a couple friends wanted to have a karaoke party. lol!!

We just hate the old people games that make you want to curl up and die...
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    The only party game that I found remotely funny to watch and participate was the tennis ball-golf game. You get a pair of pantyhose, put a tennis ball down one leg, tie the other leg around your waist, (you get the picture on how the ball will hang between your legs). Then you have to swing your hips (no hands) to get the pantyhose ball to knock another tennis ball on the floor into a cup laying sideways on the floor. Both challenging and slightly perverse.

vCash
    My mum used to have one where you wrapped up a present 7 times and had a little poem to send it to numerous guests but of course it eventually ended up with the bride to be. I liked it because the poems were cute and nobody knows who brought it.

The worst was the shower from the late seventies that had everyone take their "usual" amount of toilet paper and then have to talk about how they knew the bride. While they rolled up the toilet paper! Tacky.

Thunder & Lightning!!!
    vCash
    Hey...I went to one and they divided people into 4 groups (one of the bridesmaids was in each group) and we had to dress the bridesmaid up in a "wedding dress" made of toilet paper and the bride judged the outcome.
    Peace & Love, Gypsy
    Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by woodstock View Post
    The only party game that I found remotely funny to watch and participate was the tennis ball-golf game. You get a pair of pantyhose, put a tennis ball down one leg, tie the other leg around your waist, (you get the picture on how the ball will hang between your legs). Then you have to swing your hips (no hands) to get the pantyhose ball to knock another tennis ball on the floor into a cup laying sideways on the floor. Both challenging and slightly perverse.
    My synchro team played that game at their Christmas party last year. They made me play and it was awful. I despise being subjected to games. I realize this post was less than helpful to the topic, but if you're going to do a game, try not to make it a humiliating one!

vCash
    My friends made the decision to have no games when they gave me a shower. Result--a flood of e-mails the week after that read like this:

"That was the best bridal shower I've ever been to".

vCash
    We did not have games at my bridal shower. Instead, we hired a rather sexy male dance instructor who taught us a few moves for the dance floor. (I was 33 years old at the time and did not want a huge affair -- so we only had about 12-15 people at the shower.) Given that none of us were particularly coordinated or musically-inclined, it was a riot. We had follow-up practices in a conference room at work and in bars before the wedding. Photos of guests dancing at our wedding were published in the city's annual bridal magazine. I still smile when I remember my family & friends learning new dance moves at my shower.

vCash
    Stormy, I respectfully reply to your comment. No one put a gun to anybody's head and forced them to play the game I described. It was a bridal shower, not some sorority initiation ceremony that you feel compelled to participate or be kicked out of the group. I'm sorry your synchro team friends made you play a stupid game, you could have said no, and if they didn't respect your comfort level and your "no", then you should possibly reconsider your friends, or more simply decline invitations to party where it is known that silly party games will be played.

Twighlight1 asked for game suggestions, I provided one. Simple as that. She knows her friends best, and obviously wishes to include games. It's up to her to decide if her friends are the personality/types of people that would enjoy my suggestion or despise it and consider it humiliating. IMO, I think it's rather rude that everyone is telling her not to include games when she made it clear that her friends would enjoy games. Different strokes for different folks, she knows what she wants and simply asked for suggestions.

vCash
    I was actually at a recent bridal shower where they had a Wii set up and had a Wii hulu hoop contest. I was cringing at first because I'm not particularly Shakira-like when it comes to hips, but it ended up being a such a blast!

Otherwise, I can't think of any stand out activities. I know this isn't a game, but one nice touch that I loved was at my SIL's bridal shower. A journal was passed around to all the guests. Each guest wrote a piece of advice, story, etc to the couple. My SIL pulled that book out 10 years later to re-read the entries and it brought back a lot of great memories.

vCash
    We brought recipes to my niece's shower. While not a game, we had folks describe the recipe they brought. We heard a number of fascinating stories about family history.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I went to a shower last year and the only game we played was more of an ice breaker since not very many of the guests knew each other. The host had bought a gift and wrapped it in about 20 layers of paper, and on each layer they was a question about the bride or couple (like where did they meet, where was she born etc) or a statement telling the person to share a memory about the bride. The first person started and could give the answer and if they were wrong they would pass it to the next person who would guess and the first person to get it right would unwrap the layer and read the next question. If it wasn't a question layer then it was basically a freebie for whoever had it at that point. Whoever answered the last question got the gift. It was low key enough for people don't want to be the center of attention, but not too boring.

vCash
    I really hate playing shower games, whether they be for weddings or babies.

And so do my group of friends - so we would forgo the games and drink wine instead.

But if your friends like them - then singing kareoke would be on my list to do.

vCash
    I would go for the kareoke, too. They asked for it, give it to them! It could be fun.

My niece is getting married in Sept. The shower is this week-end. It is at a restaurant called Rats, in Hamilton, NJ. After the shower we will tour the Sculpture gardens.http://www.groundsforsculpture.org/tours.htm
    o games, but it should be really interesting.

vCash
    The shower is at the bride's home. Her fiance is taking her out for the morning so we can set up and they have a karaoke system that rivals a bar!! Well over 20000 songs (no joke)

They have a projection screen that they have the Wii system connected to so that is an option too.

I like the wrapped gift idea too.

Woodstock- perverse games will go over well with this group...my bachelorette was a bloody hooooot!!! LMAO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    The shower is at the bride's home. Her fiance is taking her out for the morning so we can set up and they have a karaoke system that rivals a bar!! Well over 20000 songs (no joke)

They have a projection screen that they have the Wii system connected to so that is an option too.

I like the wrapped gift idea too.

Woodstock- perverse games will go over well with this group...my bachelorette was a bloody hooooot!!! LMAO!
    Can you get someone to video the karaoke? That would be a great memento.

Another thing that was done for my daughter's friend was the recipe idea. they did a wishing well and had everyone write down their favorite family recipe. It was a nice idea for the new bride/cook. My daughter's friend loves my ribollita, so I typed it up with some illustrations and printed it out for her. She opened that envelope and just grinned. This is in addition to gifts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Hey...I went to one and they divided people into 4 groups (one of the bridesmaids was in each group) and we had to dress the bridesmaid up in a "wedding dress" made of toilet paper and the bride judged the outcome.
    I did this one, and I thought it was fun... Bridal Project Runway. 15 minutes, a few rolls of toilet paper to each group, and my group won (maybe that's why I liked it ).

As an icebreaker, we also did a find your match game. Tags with one half of famous couples were given out, and you had to find your other half (Beauty & Beast, Ross & Rachel, Hermione & Ron, etc.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I loved this one at my bridal shower. One of the models was my mom. We were all laughing so hard we were crying. Toilet paper couture!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast