Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

News clip: Woman wakes up to find intruder in her bed

Hey folks:

So what do you make of these two videos of the woman, her brother, and the news reporter & anchor? I have my own opinion on each, but would like to hear yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua-Oq...eature=related

2nd news clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOroF...eature=related

vCash
    What's your opinion? Do you not believe the story because the victim and her brother were talking directly to the offender on TV, or something like that?

The victim's ghetto housing unity is certainly a sad slice of life and her brother is downright scary - but that doesn't make the offense any less egregious. At this point I assume the story is true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    What's your opinion? Do you not believe the story because the victim and her brother were talking directly to the offender on TV, or something like that?

The victim's ghetto housing unity is certainly a sad slice of life and her brother is downright scary - but that doesn't make the offense any less egregious. At this point I assume the story is true.
    No doubt the offense did occur, but I blame the editing to make the woman and particularly the brother to look like fools. The part about the need to hide your wife, kid, and HUSBAND is way too funny.

vCash
    The auto-tuned version of this is too funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan123 View Post
    No doubt the offense did occur, but I blame the editing to make the woman and particularly the brother to look like fools. The part about the need to hide your wife, kid, and HUSBAND is way too funny.
    I don't think editing really had anything to do with it. The brother, at least, seemed to be really aware that he was in front of the camera and was ready to put on a show. Which for my amusement, I thank him for that.
    Smoke a ciggy and have some fun!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brina View Post

This is a serious situation, but this is just so funny!

vCash
    Oh my God, that's actually catchy Well done, video makers.

vCash
    lol I posted the auto-tuned on my facebook the other day....several have reposted it already. this is definitely the biggest viral video in a while.

vCash
    I blame the editing to make the woman and particularly the brother to look like fools.
    The editor didn't have to do anything. He didn't dice and splice the brother's spoken words. That's like blaming the editor for making Gibson or Baldwin look bad.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Oh my God, that's actually catchy Well done, video makers.
    There are a ton of Auto-Tune The News videos - they are awesome.

My sister sent me the original news clip last week, and it made me uncomfortable, like they were just letting this guy go batshit crazy on camera, but I appreciate the follow-up the news station did, where they say the family really wanted to do the story that way, and they show the brother (much calmer) kind of laughing at his new-found fame but reminding that something terrible almost happened to his sister.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash

Wow, even more funny than the two original news clips!

Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    The editor didn't have to do anything. He didn't dice and splice the brother's spoken words. That's like blaming the editor for making Gibson or Baldwin look bad.
    Not to take out the guilty pleasure of the news clips, they were obvious edited, lol. The questions from the interviewer seemed to be edited out.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    My sister sent me the original news clip last week, and it made me uncomfortable, like they were just letting this guy go batshit crazy on camera, but I appreciate the follow-up the news station did, where they say the family really wanted to do the story that way, and they show the brother (much calmer) kind of laughing at his new-found fame but reminding that something terrible almost happened to his sister.
    Do you have the follow-up clips by the news station? Glad to know the woman and her brother are taking things lightly about their fame. The brother sure looks like Chris Rock!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    ... way too funny.
    ...this is too funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
    Which for my amusement, I thank him for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    ...but this is just so funny!

When is attempted rape anything BUT one heck of a knee-slapper??!!

Don't y'all agree that it's so much funnier when it's silly black people being all...silly and...black???

Sorry, but the classist and racist undertones at play here disgust me.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Did no one else catch that she (the victim) made some remark like she wasn't attacked just because she's pretty? OhhhhKayyy

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Do you have the follow-up clips by the news station? Glad to know the woman and her brother are taking things lightly about their fame.
    Sorry, I assumed the 2nd clip was the follow-up (I'm at work and can't watch videos). I'll try to find it when I get home if no one else posts it.

Peter - that's why I felt uncomfortable about it too. The follow up I'll try to find, the newscaster ends the segment saying that the station has gotten a lot of mail asking why they would let someone go on air like that, and that Antoine Dodson is making the community look bad etc...but she then reminds folks that the Dodson family was victimized here, and it would be worse to censor them (worse than letting them go on the air like they did, not worse than the attempted rape).

ETA: The original clip also reminded me of a skit I saw on In Living Color in 1990. The skit ws about a crime scene (mugging?) and a camera crew looking for witnesses to speak on air. All of the witnesses were black, and one by one they said something about their background, what they saw, etc. Most of them were professionally dressed, got a good view of what happened, were articulate about the crime...and the one guy who got put on the air was a total spaz who just wagged his fingers in the camera, gave shout outs to his pals and was a general doof.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Here's the follow-up video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4qXIRaafAU

This is my town and Antoine is really not that out of the ordinary. I don't feel bad laughing at the original interview because he's funny, and not in a condescending "oh look at that ghetto black boy" way at all. He's a character and he's funny. I bet he's a great story teller. So, yes, the circumstances leading to the interview are frightening and I feel horrible for his sister, but I don't feel guilty for laughing when he says "he's climbing in yo windows, snatching yo people up. They raping everybody out here." because it's funny. I hope all these people selling t-shirts and shit send the family a little money though. They look like they could use it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Sorry, I assumed the 2nd clip was the follow-up (I'm at work and can't watch videos). I'll try to find it when I get home if no one else posts it.

Peter - that's why I felt uncomfortable about it too. The follow up I'll try to find, the newscaster ends the segment saying that the station has gotten a lot of mail asking why they would let someone go on air like that, and that Antoine Dodson is making the community look bad etc...but she then reminds folks that the Dodson family was victimized here, and it would be worse to censor them (worse than letting them go on the air like they did, not worse than the attempted rape).
    He's an internet hero, and funny as hell. Not even the pro writers could come up with lines like, "he's climbin in your windows. he's snatchin your people up. tryna rape em so y'all need to hide your kids, hide your wife hide your kids and hide your husband cuz they're rapin errbody out here."

Antoine is brave, a bad ass...and he cares deeply for his sister. Many folks may laugh at him, because of his delivery, but if he has no issues with it, why should we? Seems like he's becoming the new William Hung, may possibly be laughing his way to the bank.

uyeahu, thanks for posting the 3rd news clip.

vCash
    I don't know... I don't really think they look like fools. They seem very angry and I wouldn't want to be that attacker if that family ever gets ahold of him. It looks like the brother is putting on a show on purpose and he seems like a real character, but not in a bad way. I think the woman is lucky to have a brother who jumped in to save her and has her back all the way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    I don't know... I don't really think they look like fools. They seem very angry and I wouldn't want to be that attacker if that family ever gets ahold of him. It looks like the brother is putting on a show on purpose and he seems like a real character, but not in a bad way. I think the woman is lucky to have a brother who jumped in to save her and has her back all the way.
    Just to clarify, I too don't think the brother and her sister look like fools. The news anchor and reporter may look professional and serious with their delivery, but I bet you they had other intentions. My point is that folks in the edit newsroom tried to make them look like fools but backfired, cuz Antoine now seems to be coming out (no pun intended) on top with all the unfamiliar fame he's getting. At the end, it was a win-win situation for everyone. Antoine became an internet hero, the attacker got scared, and the local news station got free national promo.

vCash
    Just to clarify, I too don't think the brother and her sister look like fools. The news anchor and reporter may look professional and serious with their delivery, but I bet you they had other intentions. My point is that folks in the edit newsroom tried to make them look like fools but backfired, cuz Antoine now seems to be coming out (no pun intended) on top with all the unfamiliar fame he's getting. At the end, it was a win-win situation for everyone. Antoine became an internet hero, the attacker got scared, and the local news station got free national promo.
    Oh, gotcha!! Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I bet you're right about the people in the editing room, too. I still wouldn't want to be that attacker!!!

vCash
    My point is that folks in the edit newsroom tried to make them look like fools
    What would be the motive for the newsroom to do that? If they purposely tried to make the guy look like a fool then the station would get complaints of racism from all over.

I only saw the first clip of the brother speaking and there's no editing there. Yes, it's very un-PC to admit that the clip is somewhat funny, because of the way the brother talks and animate in front of the camera, but it is somewhat funny inspite of the serious nature of the potential crime. It's make people uncomfortable, because they know they shouldn't be cracking a smile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast