Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Yuna Kim - Korean Pop Singer

Yuna performs 3 songs during SBS TV's latest concert show 'Chocolate'

Blazing Blades
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash

Yuna Kim sang three songs on 'Chocolate', SBS live music talk show

Oh, I was about to post a new thread about it. Thanks, Visaliakid!

Here are HD videos with better audio quality:

Train ride (originally by IU)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeaNa8mIwuU

I'm in love (originally by Narsha)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4xEtMsCmS8

Garden in the air (originally by BOA)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTWj1XrdVw0

The show was recorded July 20 and was broadcast tonight August 1. She really sings very well and I hope you guys enjoy these songs although they are in Korean.

But, Visaliakid, your thread title makes me feel like to remind you of one of her interviews right after the Olympics:
    Kim flatly denied the latter.

“I do not have any plans whatsoever of starting a career in the entertainment industry,” she stated.

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/artic...sp?aid=2917341

vCash
    She's such a good a singer! And she sang a song by BoA!

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    Awww, she's so beautiful! I don't understand what she is saying, but her voice and tone to me is more pleasing to listen to than most US female pop singers. Then again, Yu-Na has way more class than most US female pop singers too.

vCash
    Yuna is amazing. I mean she's like good at everything, and seems really sweet and classy and genuine despite all her fame.

vCash
    I know Yuna doesn't want to enter showbiz but her voice is wonderful.

vCash
    Oh I forgot to add this link.
    http://www.allkpop.com/2010/08/kim-y...-iu-and-younha
    Below is a quick recap of MC Kim Jung Eun and Kim Yuna’s conversation:

KJE: What are the standards for selecting these songs?

Yuna: These are the songs that I enjoy listening to. I admire artists who sing well, like Younha and IU”

KJE: I think Kim Yuna admires singers who sing well because she sings well herself”

Although Kim Yuna may not be a professional singer, she has a beautiful singing voice – don’t you think?

ETA: Full Yuna Kim episode of the show including talks.

Part1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0mb4h55m7Q
    Part2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtfK0SZUh2o

(No English subtitle yet)
    Last edited by cadavis; 08-02-2010 at 03:18 AM.

vCash
    Man, that gal has a lovely voice! Would it come across as too conceited if she were to skate to a recording of herself singing? I hope not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Awww, she's so beautiful! I don't understand what she is saying, but her voice and tone to me is more pleasing to listen to than most US female pop singers. Then again, Yu-Na has way more class than most US female pop singers too.

love yu-na but most kpop is even more gross, manufactured and unoriginal than american pop

vCash
    She has a really pretty voice. The girl is just way too talented.

vCash
    She has a really good musical ear and rythm – those songs are really not easy at all to memorize and intonate well! Her expression is sincere and nice, but it certainly shows nobody ever coached her – like for example, she is not moving at all on the stage, just standing still, etc. She is also a little bit shy about the whole thing –*like she doesn't believe that people really like it. It would be very interesting to see her perform after some real singing coaching and rehearsals... However it is very sweet and somehow touching to see her like this too

vCash
    Wow, I never would have thought that she sings aswell! She has a lovely voice and indeed could enter the showbiz as a singer. Amazing Gurl!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    love yu-na but most kpop is even more gross, manufactured and unoriginal than american pop
    Sadly, I have to agree. Jpop is far more interesting. With that said, Yuna has a good voice. Even though she says she has no plans to enter showbiz, it can be good second career when she decides to retire from skating. I know several former Chinese female gymnasts have entered the business doing acting and singing since their retirement.

vCash
    Yuna has a wonderful singing voice. Thanks for the great videos.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    ...most kpop is even more gross, manufactured and unoriginal than american pop
    Not so much gross, manufactured, outdated and unoriginal as Jpop. Most Jpop songs sound exactly the same, with the high school girl in uniform styles dug out from 1980s, the last time Jpop's was popular in Asia. Sorry to Jpop fans, but I just can't stand it... eww
    Last edited by jaws12345; 08-03-2010 at 06:16 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaws12345 View Post
    Not so much gross, manufactured, outdated and unoriginal as Jpop. Most Jpop songs sound exactly the same, with the high school girl styles dug out from 1980s, the last time Jpop's was popular in Asia. Sorry to Jpop fans, but I just can't stand it.
    you should be quoting the user praising jpop, which was not me. I don't really listen to either, though. which is not to say that the japanese and korean music industries don't have any good or talented acts - they do, I'm just talking about the majority of bubblegum pop acts which dominate the charts and get the most exposure overseas.

I only commented cos I saw typical comments implying the crappiness of the current american pop scene (which I don't deny) but I can't stand by and just say nothing when kpop is really just a blatant imitation of american pop that people love to bash so much. taking foreign influences and leaving a unique imprint is a great thing. but kpop takes it too far and continues to be ridden with plagiarism scandals almost all the time to an insane degree and dripping with blatant carbon copies of american (trash) pop culture acts (influence is fine, but they go too far), and almost 90 percent of songs are filled with nonsensical random english words here and there (some japanese songs are also guilty of the last part
    Last edited by iarispiralllyof; 08-03-2010 at 06:28 AM.

vCash
    Not so much gross, manufactured, outdated and unoriginal as Jpop. Most Jpop songs sound exactly the same, with the high school girl in uniform styles dug out from 1980s, the last time Jpop's was popular in Asia. Sorry to Jpop fans, but I just can't stand it... eww
    I believe that statement is directed at me. I feel there are actually some interesting music arrangements in some Jpop unlike the generic ones in most Kpop. Korean pop singers generally have more pleasing voices so it is unfortunate that they don't have more original pieces to work with. Actually rehashing the 80's style is not a bad thing since that was a great period for popular music.

vCash
    I don't think so. Despite liking K-Pop, every K-Pop song I've listened to sound the same. Songs from 2NE1 and 4minute, for example, are very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    I feel there are actually some interesting music arrangements in some Jpop unlike the generic ones in most Kpop. Korean pop singers generally have more pleasing voices so it is unfortunate that they don't have more original pieces to work with. Actually rehashing the 80's style is not a bad thing since that was a great period for popular music.
    I agree. Hikaru Utada usually uses some very interesting music arrangements!

vCash
    Never did I think that a Korean skater would sell air-conditioners with a Korean-sung version of "Sugar Sugar" by the Archies, or Sing Sing Sing by Benny Goodman. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwOLFbtUGdQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B08VA...eature=related

vCash
    Who cares Kpop or Jpop!
    But Yuna has a beautiful singing voice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast